Different rubbers same approval code?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Hi all,
I want to understand how ITTF Larc works. In example I can see they only have Tibhar Aurus in the list (code 74-007). On the market I also found Tibhar Aurus Soft with same approval code as Tibhar Aurus. It looks to me 2 different products can have same approval code. Any clue?

Thanks!
The approval code is only for the topsheet. You can use any sponge with the approved topsheet as long as it doesn't run afoul of other rules like thickness.

Reactions: mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
It's just the top sheet being approved. That's why different products with different sponges that have the same top sheet being different products.

Even the 729 Battle (untacky) has the same product code as the 729 Battle Max Pro (tacky as hell). They got exemption from this and has the same product code. Don't ask me why :)

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
The approval code is only for the topsheet. You can use any sponge with the approved topsheet as long as it doesn't run afoul of other rules like thickness.

Hi, dear
Yours is a wrong idea. Both topsheet and sponge beneath is a subject to ITTF approval.