Dignics 05 vs Tenergy 05

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019

Yes I'm national ranked and in sixth form

What do you mean by national ranked? Care to share your TTE ranking? Depending on the club but a lot of high end players are sponsored by teesport in UK and get free equipment hence why I’m curious what you mean by national rank as my understanding of national rank is amongst the top players in the UK?!

This user has no status.

What do you mean by national ranked? Care to share your TTE ranking? Depending on the club but a lot of high end players are sponsored by teesport in UK and get free equipment hence why I’m curious what you mean by national rank as my understanding of national rank is amongst the top players in the UK?!

I am 122 in Juniors in England

NDH

says Spin to win!

I am 122 in Juniors in England

For anyone else reading this, and wondering quite how good this is..... Let me try and explain.

Now, this is based on first hand experience of other juniors around this ranking - I don't know Jamie personally.

Typically, juniors will have learnt an all out offensive game.

They will *look* very good when you see an offensive style vs offensive style and when knocking up (like, really good!)

They'll have the ability to beat a lot of top players in local leagues, and if I'm looking at the right thing, Jamie has a 75% average this year in the top division of his local league, which is very good.

I generally find juniors at this level to fall down against "awkward" players - Which goes back to what @Carl said the other day about experience, and how players who don't play a traditional style can look pretty average on film.

They can also come unstuck when it comes to consistency.

They might have an absolute unplayable period where they can't miss, but then lose 3-2 because they can't sustain it (they may of course do just enough to win 3-0 though!)

But.... On balance, I would say Jamie will be a better player than most on this forum, and it's nice to see him learning about equipment.

@Jamie - You are clearly playing very well..... Don't overthink things, and if I were you, I'd make any equipment changes long before you have any important matches or tournaments (for me, that's usually in the summer).

This user has no status.

For anyone else reading this, and wondering quite how good this is..... Let me try and explain.

Now, this is based on first hand experience of other juniors around this ranking - I don't know Jamie personally.

Typically, juniors will have learnt an all out offensive game.

They will *look* very good when you see an offensive style vs offensive style and when knocking up (like, really good!)

They'll have the ability to beat a lot of top players in local leagues, and if I'm looking at the right thing, Jamie has a 75% average this year in the top division of his local league, which is very good.

I generally find juniors at this level to fall down against "awkward" players - Which goes back to what @Carl said the other day about experience, and how players who don't play a traditional style can look pretty average on film.

They can also come unstuck when it comes to consistency.

They might have an absolute unplayable period where they can't miss, but then lose 3-2 because they can't sustain it (they may of course do just enough to win 3-0 though!)

But.... On balance, I would say Jamie will be a better player than most on this forum, and it's nice to see him learning about equipment.

@Jamie - You are clearly playing very well..... Don't overthink things, and if I were you, I'd make any equipment changes long before you have any important matches or tournaments (for me, that's usually in the summer).

Thanks mate you have done your research on me aha but thank you and I will take your advice, thank you I haven't been feeling well at the moment so haven't been playing much as I have glandular fever I went back to play in the local league but I just couldn't move my legs properly and my legs were really hurting so I lost 2/3 games so won't be returning to table tennis until I get better. So my average will go down which sucks but that is what happens I'll just have to come back stronger

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
This thread has just cost me money😂😂. All this talk about D05 and fact I last tried it 2.5 years ago when my bh wasn’t as strong as it is now I got tempted to try again. I also have been using H3N provincial blue sponge but I have a orange sponge which I wanted to use and compare so rather than disrupting my set up at moment I have also ordered spare lin Gaoyuan ALC lol….

so one with H3 blue and D80 which I currently have and another with H3 Orange with D05…. 😂😂😂😂

This user has no status.
This thread has just cost me money😂😂. All this talk about D05 and fact I last tried it 2.5 years ago when my bh wasn’t as strong as it is now I got tempted to try again. I also have been using H3N provincial blue sponge but I have a orange sponge which I wanted to use and compare so rather than disrupting my set up at moment I have also ordered spare lin Gaoyuan ALC lol….

so one with H3 blue and D80 which I currently have and another with H3 Orange with D05…. 😂😂😂😂

Aha lol do you have flared or straight handle just wondering

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019

Aha lol do you have flared or straight handle just wondering

Always preferred flared. I have tested few blades over past 2 yrs during covid but definitely found LGY best allround for me. Well I say that till FZD ALC comes out lol…

but after having IFLZLC, Apolonia, IFLALC, Harimoto ALC, Mizutani ZLC and now LGY ALC. Apolonia I had longest 2.5 years I definitely prefer ALC and it’s control.

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.

Always preferred flared. I have tested few blades over past 2 yrs during covid but definitely found LGY best allround for me. Well I say that till FZD ALC comes out lol…

but after having IFLZLC, Apolonia, IFLALC, Harimoto ALC, Mizutani ZLC and now LGY ALC. Apolonia I had longest 2.5 years I definitely prefer ALC and it’s control.

Aha lol have you tried Viscaria as I'm interested to know what the difference is in Lin Gaoyuan ALC and Viscaria

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019

Aha lol have you tried Viscaria as I'm interested to know what the difference is in Lin Gaoyuan ALC and Viscaria

Only a very quick hit but was well prior to getting my LGY. The handle is thicker which is main reason I didn’t look to getting one.

a top 10 in uk player has moved from Viscaria to LGY over the past 6 months and his verdict was LGY has more feeling and control.

Reactions: jammmail

I've already answered this in other threads, but for ease....

Tenergy 05:

• Easier to generate spin on slower shots (good if you have a slower arm speed or find yourself out of position a lot.
• Softer sponge, but it's not an issue after some practice.
• Bouncier and more spin responsive - Makes it harder to keep the ball short on serve receives or touch shots
• Higher arc - More of a "traditional" loop arc (like a nice big rainbow).

Dignice 05:

• Harder sponge - Again, after playing for a while, I don't think this is an issue
• Lower arc - Despite the increased spin on a similar shot, the ball will fly lower to the net in more of a straight line. This is very deceptive and people will misjudge the sheer amount of spin on the ball.
• Top end spin is greater.
• Less spin responsive, which makes control and touch much better.

Hi NDH
Do You by chance know how the arch of Tenergy 05 FX is compared to Tenergy 05?

Cheers
L-zr

It is slower and has a lower arc

Interesting!
That it's slower is (almost) given, but it does not have to be by much, BTY list them with identical speed and spin.
Are You saying that when two rubbers are the same except by hardness, the slower ALWAYS has a lower arch?
I.e. Rakza 7 soft vs Rakza 7?

Cheers
L-zr

Last edited:

NDH

says Spin to win!
Hi NDH
Do You by chance know how the arch of Tenergy 05 FX is compared to Tenergy 05?

Cheers
L-zr

From memory (and looking at the flight of others who use it), I would say that FX is slightly lower, but there really isn't that much in it.

I feel FX is a touch slower as well, which contributes to the lower arc.