Do you air your Rubbers?

This user has no status.
Yes however if you just glue it onto the Blade and put it straight back into your bat case the VOC Can't escape , meaning the VOC Could build up in the case?

I will probably start doing the following :

1 - Air the rubbers for a minimum of 72 hrs
2 - When Its stuck on - Leave the Blade in the open for a minimum of 72 hrs to allow the Water based Glue (Which has a small amount of VOC?) to Escape - Then Apply Edging Tape

says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
Yes however if you just glue it onto the Blade and put it straight back into your bat case the VOC Can't escape , meaning the VOC Could build up in the case?

I will probably start doing the following :

1 - Air the rubbers for a minimum of 72 hrs
2 - When Its stuck on - Leave the Blade in the open for a minimum of 72 hrs to allow the Water based Glue (Which has a small amount of VOC?) to Escape - Then Apply Edging Tape

A good idea! Just do it, and let us know how it went :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
My local TT retailer actually glued my rubbers on my blade for me straight away from the packet without letting it air, and it turned out fine; feeling wise, after a few days, I did get the change of feeling of the sponge but quickly adjusted to it. Apart from that it was all fine really.

And the glue he used to put on my rubber smelt like... preserved fish; probably old speed glue, but he put one thin layer for me, LOL.

Dec 2012
My local TT retailer actually glued my rubbers on my blade for me straight away from the packet without letting it air, and it turned out fine; feeling wise, after a few days, I did get the change of feeling of the sponge but quickly adjusted to it. Apart from that it was all fine really.

And the glue he used to put on my rubber smelt like... preserved fish; probably old speed glue, but he put one thin layer for me, LOL.

The smell of a fish is really common, it comes when from the rubbers :D

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
This is an American expression for suspecting something suspicious.

I do not know if one can express it exactly the same way in German.

"Hmmm, Etwas hier stinkt wie Fisch..." doesn't seem to have the same ring as it does in English.

I am sure there is a way (or several ways) German speaking people express the same sentiment, I just haven't learned it yet.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
gewaltig.

Hmmm, cool to see how it is actually done. Thanks dude. This is how a foreigner learns things in an effecrtive manner. One can try to look up words in a dictionary, but will surely fail when trying to apply them in real use the same way as the native. An effective way is to try... and FAIL, then ask a native why I failed, then ask for a demonstration of 1-3 effective ways to say what I was trying to say.

This method is not exactly a speed method, but you learn to become solid in what you learn after failing... a lot. This is only for those with a lot of determination. It is still in my opinion, a much more effective way thatn trying to learn backwards, spending ones life doing it wrong, then trying to fix it in a rush later.

Dec 2012
gewaltig.

Hmmm, cool to see how it is actually done. Thanks dude. This is how a foreigner learns things in an effecrtive manner. One can try to look up words in a dictionary, but will surely fail when trying to apply them in real use the same way as the native. An effective way is to try... and FAIL, then ask a native why I failed, then ask for a demonstration of 1-3 effective ways to say what I was trying to say.

This method is not exactly a speed method, but you learn to become solid in what you learn after failing... a lot. This is only for those with a lot of determination. It is still in my opinion, a much more effective way thatn trying to learn backwards, spending ones life doing it wrong, then trying to fix it in a rush later.

Yes i know this problem, my girlfriend for example studies in Romania german, and her teacher often tells her stuff that is just false. Like Juny or July (although it is Juni and Juli)
Although you can't ask everything a native, since you have to have the basics first!

Dec 2012
The opinions differ but i dont think many people will wait 72 hours.
I open the packages, prepare the bat and rubbers, glue the rubbers and then let it stay some hours.

It's also necessary to say that "low-class" players won't feel a big difference so it doesnt matter :)

My advice:
Get the rubbers out of the package, glue them on the bat, wait for a day or two and you are ready to play :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
The opinions differ but i dont think many people will wait 72 hours.
I open the packages, prepare the bat and rubbers, glue the rubbers and then let it stay some hours.

It's also necessary to say that "low-class" players won't feel a big difference so it doesnt matter :)

My advice:
Get the rubbers out of the package, glue them on the bat, wait for a day or two and you are ready to play :)

Thank you very much my friend but these procedure doesnt "air" the rubbers you just dont play with them in their first two days . To be honest i dont quite understand how a rubber is changing characteristics after 72 hours out of the package and