Does the Dignics09C worth it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I've used Rakza Z on FH from June to November and I'm not surprised for its rise in popularity, the reasons are:

1 it has insane spin
2 it has high control on passive /short strokes
3 very easy to lift the ball against backspin, you don't need a lot of bodywork
4 it's reasonably fast
5 smash is easy and rewarding
6 high throw arc, balls land on the table easily
7 it's durable

It really is a great rubber from Yasaka.

The only cons I found is that it lacks the high end speed of other hybrid rubbers like ZGX, C53 or Dignics 09C.
I have tried Rakza Z here and there a few times, borrowed it from a friend for a week or two. I find it to be a subpar rubber.

It has good surface grip, nothing out of the ordinary. But I find the sponge too soft, which is lame. And I find the rebound too low, which is underwhelming.

I think ZGX, C53 are much better. Dragon Grip is much better.

It might be better with booster though, I never tried it. But if you're gonna boost anyway, why not just get a harder rubber

This user has no status.
09c is definitely one of the best FH rubbers out there. You have the excellent short game and yet it still can produce massive amounts of spin and speed when you activate the spring sponge. I would be using it if not for its subpar durability compared to 05.

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
09c is definitely one of the best FH rubbers out there. You have the excellent short game and yet it still can produce massive amounts of spin and speed when you activate the spring sponge. I would be using it if not for its subpar durability compared to 05.
Yes, I have heard that the D05 is at least 2 times more durable. I was thinking of trying it out, but a lot of players stated it is quite a bit bouncy. But, let's say a 6 months of durability would be just fine with me. I do not know if the D09C is capable of that.

says Feel the ball first.
Oct 2022
Back to the topic, I've tried Dignics 09C enough time to say that it's a wonderful FH hybrid rubber, counter topspin is insanely good among the other properties. I would use it as FH rubber but I don't want to give 80€ to Butterfly, it's way too much, even if it lasts longer than other rubbers. ZGX costs 45€ and is very close performance-wise, so bye bye Butterfly you won't have my money 😘

This user has no status.
Yes, I have heard that the D05 is at least 2 times more durable. I was thinking of trying it out, but a lot of players stated it is quite a bit bouncy. But, let's say a 6 months of durability would be just fine with me. I do not know if the D09C is capable of that.
My past experience is that 09c lasts only 4 months or so while 05 lasts up to a yr.

Imo if you don't rely on short push that often, 05 is perfectly fine. I still push short OK (even against half long topspin) even with 05 (although it requires more precise contact to rob the ball of the existing momentum). But the flicks of 05 are much better than 09c which tends to bite into the incoming spin too much. Also 05 is better for fast close table exchanges because of the sheer speed - you can simply overwhelm ppl with it.

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
Back to the topic, I've tried Dignics 09C enough time to say that it's a wonderful FH hybrid rubber, counter topspin is insanely good among the other properties. I would use it as FH rubber but I don't want to give 80€ to Butterfly, it's way too much, even if it lasts longer than other rubbers. ZGX costs 45€ and is very close performance-wise, so bye bye Butterfly you won't have my money 😘
This is what I thought too. This is an outrageously high price for a rubber, even it is that good as a lot of people mention. Maybe I will not buy it neither. I am actually disappointed in the Butterfly rubbers. They tend to be not as good as I expected them to be.
My past experience is that 09c lasts only 4 months or so while 05 lasts up to a yr.

Imo if you don't rely on short push that often, 05 is perfectly fine. I still push short OK (even against half long topspin) even with 05 (although it requires more precise contact to rob the ball of the existing momentum). But the flicks of 05 are much better than 09c which tends to bite into the incoming spin too much. Also 05 is better for fast close table exchanges because of the sheer speed - you can simply overwhelm ppl with it.
I am pretty sure it is a good rubber, one of my teammates uses it on the backhand and he loves it. One thing I am not satisfied with is the price. An exhaustingly high price, the same as D09C. Also, another aspect is that I actually push quite often, most of the serves I receive are done through pushing. I am trying to do some flicks now, but a very very long way to go. Someday I might try it, but until then I should learn to play somewhat decently first. :)
Whenever I think about trying something new out, my brain and/or heart always pushes my back to the Rakza Z. There is something magical about that rubber. No wonder more and more players are playing with them.

This user has no status.
This is what I thought too. This is an outrageously high price for a rubber, even it is that good as a lot of people mention. Maybe I will not buy it neither. I am actually disappointed in the Butterfly rubbers. They tend to be not as good as I expected them to be.

I am pretty sure it is a good rubber, one of my teammates uses it on the backhand and he loves it. One thing I am not satisfied with is the price. An exhaustingly high price, the same as D09C. Also, another aspect is that I actually push quite often, most of the serves I receive are done through pushing. I am trying to do some flicks now, but a very very long way to go. Someday I might try it, but until then I should learn to play somewhat decently first. :)
Whenever I think about trying something new out, my brain and/or heart always pushes my back to the Rakza Z. There is something magical about that rubber. No wonder more and more players are playing with them.
Sometimes, you need a rubber that sucks a bit at pushing to force you to learn how to flick or sideswipe properly :)

D05 pushes are definitely not that great but they aren't that bad and it still can be controlled with proper technique. Also, it forced me to actually examine the push technique in great detail rather than relying on rubber properties (for eg Hurricane 3 is so good at short pushes that you don't even need great short push technique to execute it, whereas with D05 if your technique is terrible you almost have no chance of keeping it short)

Oct 2022

I've tried recently Glayzer, Rozena and Glayzer 09C. My conclusion is the same as yours: they are not as good as I expected them to be.

I too think Rakza Z has something magical 🙌

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I've tried recently Glayzer, Rozena and Glayzer 09C. My conclusion is the same as yours: they are not as good as I expected them to be.

Rakza Z doesn't have blunt power like 09c, but the spin and control are very, very good. I suspect I might try Rakza Z EH on forehand and Rakza Z on backhand sometime in the future but I am currently okay with Rakza Z both sides.

Reactions: Fedex78
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
The Dignics-family is distinctively lighter than their tensor-counterparts.
Might be worth something to some.

Reactions: NextLevel
says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
Sometimes, you need a rubber that sucks a bit at pushing to force you to learn how to flick or sideswipe properly :)

D05 pushes are definitely not that great but they aren't that bad and it still can be controlled with proper technique. Also, it forced me to actually examine the push technique in great detail rather than relying on rubber properties (for eg Hurricane 3 is so good at short pushes that you don't even need great short push technique to execute it, whereas with D05 if your technique is terrible you almost have no chance of keeping it short)
Yeah, I feel you. However, even if a Rakza Z is a good rubber for pushing, given it is not to bouncy, it is still spin-sensitive to an extent, so pushing is sometimes also hard. I am actually trying to learn the backhand and forehand flick with this rubber and so far I am doing okay.

Yeah, even the Tenergy 05 or 19 did not have that special spin for me, but oh well, we do not have to agree on everything, but on the fact the Rakza Z is a special rubber. I love to play around with its tackiness. :D
I am tempted to think the Rakza Z once will be hyped in a matter of time. I wonder why it has not yet been. I have read reviews stating that there is not as big of a difference between the Dignics09C for instance, hence the Rakza Z is always listed among the possible and cheaper alternatives for the Dignics09C. One thing I am looking out for is its durability.
One thing that always manages to amaze me is the fact the Rakza Z is still having spin despite the loss of tackiness. During matches, I noticed that after a while the tack wears off until I clean it again and put the adhesive films on it. Thanks to the high grip, it still impart heavy rotation onto the ball. Maybe the tack here is only a plus, so luckily it does not solely rely on that.

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
To be honest, my style on the forehand is rather a mixed one with the two you have mentioned here. Depending on the situation, I could go with a quick and aggressive forehand or for a slow and heavy topspins. But I should rather change it to being agressive as the heavy, but slow topspins always get smashed.

Thanks for your feedback! No doubt it is spinny.

I am not so keen with these rubber due to the durability issues. As far as I know the Dragon Grip is not so durable, so as the Bluegrip. The Dignics09C has an okay durability with its 4-6 months, according to RacketInSight.
That rubber's durability is 4-6 months but its tackiness' durability is only 6 weeks at most in my case - and I'm also talking about the hybrid rubbers I've tried (D09c, K3, Dragon Grip). They lost half of their initial spin in 6 weeks, but yeah they won't break and you can still play with them for 4-6 months more.

Reactions: blahness
says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
That rubber's durability is 4-6 months but its tackiness' durability is only 6 weeks at most in my case - and I'm also talking about the hybrid rubbers I've tried (D09c, K3, Dragon Grip). They lost half of their initial spin in 6 weeks, but yeah they won't break and you can still play with them for 4-6 months more.
Yeah, I have heard about this phenomenon, especially in the case of Dignics09C. I believe this is because due to the fact these hybrids are actually slower tensors with a little more grip. They do not rely on their track solely, but rather on their grip, as far as I know. Anyhow, I do not know what the tack disappears in such a "short" time.

Reactions: longle
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Well... I stopped using Rakza Z because of (the weight and) what I thought was poor durability. Or at least a bad way of dying so to speak. This goes for most tensors I've used - the sponge suddenly dies after a couple of months. Tenergies and Chinese rubbers have a slow decay so you keep adopting but tensors... boom, dead. The topsheet of a Rakza Z can seem to be in a very good shape but from one day to another the feeling is totally different and every loop end up in the net.
Probably due to some chemical substance not being there anymore.

Hurricane 8-80 is a good substitute but DHS is not on top of the game when it comes to quality control. So where back to paying Butterfly a lot of money! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Popularity on TT11 is very strange. Grass D.TecS more popular then Rakza XX, V > 15 Extra, R48, R45 and all Evolution, Bluefire and Bluestorm rubbers
Ive been suspicious ever since noticing the third most popular blade was over 700 euros.