Does the Dignics09C worth it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Well... I stopped using Rakza Z because of (the weight and) what I thought was poor durability. Or at least a bad way of dying so to speak. This goes for most tensors I've used - the sponge suddenly dies after a couple of months. Tenergies and Chinese rubbers have a slow decay so you keep adopting but tensors... boom, dead. The topsheet of a Rakza Z can seem to be in a very good shape but from one day to another the feeling is totally different and every loop end up in the net.
Probably due to some chemical substance not being there anymore.

Hurricane 8-80 is a good substitute but DHS is not on top of the game when it comes to quality control. So where back to paying Butterfly a lot of money! :)

H8-80 is on my blacklist. When new it plays great. But it’s extremely heavy for its hardness and the topsheet get oxidised in the matter of weeks. Non tacky after all.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Yeah, I have heard about this phenomenon, especially in the case of Dignics09C. I believe this is because due to the fact these hybrids are actually slower tensors with a little more grip. They do not rely on their track solely, but rather on their grip, as far as I know. Anyhow, I do not know what the tack disappears in such a "short" time.

It’s strange. My 18-month old D09C loops well on my BH, on par with H3 in terms of grippiness.

Having said that I only play once or twice a week. Each session 3 hours.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Back to the topic, I've tried Dignics 09C enough time to say that it's a wonderful FH hybrid rubber, counter topspin is insanely good among the other properties. I would use it as FH rubber but I don't want to give 80€ to Butterfly, it's way too much, even if it lasts longer than other rubbers. ZGX costs 45€ and is very close performance-wise, so bye bye Butterfly you won't have my money 😘
This is pretty much my feeling too. The value of Butterfly rubber is just too low to justify. For a much lower price there are lots of other rubbers out there that are comparable maybe even better. So why bother wasting your money. Sure Butterfly is a good rubber and you can hunt for sales or discounts but is it twice as good as the next guy? I don't think so. Also I'm not going to waste my time always on the lookout for good deals so I just stay away.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
H8-80 is on my blacklist. When new it plays great. But it’s extremely heavy for its hardness and the topsheet get oxidised in the matter of weeks. Non tacky after all.
I guess that is the shitty quality control talking. I've used four or five (tried on different blade shapes and in 37 and 38) and the difference in weight is huge. All topsheets have been fine though and I'd say that they are at least as durable as the RZs in that way. The one I'm using now has been on my blade since september and lifts the ball without problems.
But yes, if you can't really trust them then it is a good argument against using them.

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
It’s strange. My 18-month old D09C loops well on my BH, on par with H3 in terms of grippiness.

Having said that I only play once or twice a week. Each session 3 hours.
This just about the training my clubs gets per week (+ league matches rarely outside the training time). I think the D09C could be as durable as you have mentioned here. It also higly depends on how you care about the racket, too, I think.

Reactions: Tinykin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
I guess that is the shitty quality control talking. I've used four or five (tried on different blade shapes and in 37 and 38) and the difference in weight is huge. All topsheets have been fine though and I'd say that they are at least as durable as the RZs in that way. The one I'm using now has been on my blade since september and lifts the ball without problems.
But yes, if you can't really trust them then it is a good argument against using them.
I'd think it would be possible when buying to ask for a specific weight of rubber. If you know the weight of the packaging then you can get specific.