Donic Persson Powerplay: senso or not senso, that is the question.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I have a V1. Due to the void handle, the weight is on the head. Coming from a premade bat and being an inexperienced player, I needed a couple of weeks to get used to its unbalanced feeling. But, overall, IMO it's a very good blade, really recommendable. I'm currently using a faster inner carbon as my main blade, but I frequently take my V1 and still enjoy it. Mine is equipped with Rozena and Mercury 2, a good combination for a recreational player like me, but I guess that it is not the best blade for rubbers with firmer sponges. If you are planning to use heavy rubbers, I would go for the classic version, unless of course you prefer to feel the weight on the tip.

Reactions: Trevize84
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I have the classic, no senso. I bought mine from TT11. On the site, it looks like the classic one, just looking at the number of comments, is a lot more popular than Senso v1 or Senso v2.

I love the blade. In fact I have two of them. It is like a classic 7-ply offensive blade that has the touch and feel of a 5-ply wood blades but yet faster. It is really the best of both worlds.

It is a solid OFF blade with touch. I like it very much. I don't recall it vibrating very much. I don't like blades that vibrate. Currently both blades do not have rubbers on them as I am experimenting with verious carbon composite blades. However, once the rubbers I am experimenting fall off favor, they will migrate to my 7-ply wood blades and my 5-ply wood blades.

I think most people agree that once in a while, it is good to practice with the 7-ply wood blades and 5-ply wood blades to get the feel of looping and chopping again.

Reactions: Trevize84