Evolution rubbers and Tenergy 05

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I have never tried EL-S (or any of the "S" versions). I can say that I am able to easily transition between T05 and MX-P. It takes a few sessions of playing, at most 4 or 5, and then I am perfectly comfortable. MX-P is harder, and as you say, a touch faster, but my experience is after that initial transition, you can play the same way. I think that may be why among players at ETTC, MX-P was the most common non-Tenergy rubber. EL-P is good rubber too but it is different. Throws a bit lower. Definitely a softer over-all feel. Quite good though.

I have been tempted to try EL-S just to see what it's like, but I am very happy with MX-P (and have six sheets of it in my closet). It would surprise me a lot if I would play better with one of the S versions. If someone shows up at my club with it I might find out, but I wouldn't make any change until I have played through the stock of MX-P that I have now.

And having written that recently I still went ahead and bought two sheets of T05 today.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Eight years is a long time, so I must be more strung out than most people. I'll be on the street soon holding a cup and a sign so I can maintain my T05 supply.

T05 gives me just a slightly better margin for error than MX-P. And it is for sale at one of the local clubs, meaning I could buy after a day where I didn't play very well and not sit in front of a computer thinking about it. That is very evil of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
If no one's mentioned it the Victas v<15 extra can be good right next to M-XP,I haven't used it but heard good things. I personally have the Victas v15 Limber which is 40 degree sponge and I've used the FX-P but it plays a lot slower and more controlled so baisically Tenergy 05 FX