Experience with some other Loki rubbers - Arthur China, GTX Pro (inc)

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
What style of blade do you think they're best suited to? Stiff and hard or soft and buttery?
My answer is : " YES " .
😂😂😂

I try to test every new rubber on what I call my """Standard blade""". It is some home made Inner layer ALC (just carbon /kevlar) and I can't even remember what wood veneers are on it , other than probably the outer being obechi, which i had left from sheeting RC plane wings. The blade rattles around the 1250Hz mark. It plays like the Butterfly innerlayer ALC.

There are several threads here in the forum that keep comparing rubbers and blades and I wish that those that take part could agree on a ""standard blade"" but I know that is of course impossible and futile because even if we could all agree on a standard blade we all have different skills and what feels good to one can feel quit horrible to another player. So I treat all these comparison with a pinch of salt and as a kind of "entertainment". :cool:

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Is it slower or faster than LAC?
For me it's faster & more spin when hitting hard specially , I think I like the throw more, control it's good too. If you have active strokes it shines. Lac it's great too, my sample is still good no bubbles, great durability

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
For me it's faster & more spin when hitting hard specially , I think I like the throw more, control it's good too. If you have active strokes it shines. Lac it's great too, my sample is still good no bubbles, great durability
Is R9 very different from R5 or N80?

This user has no status.
Ok i hope youre right. Ak47 is very fast
Hope to have another hit on Monday or Tuesday, will know more then. Again, it's difficult to judge this rubber on the wrong blade, it has such considerable potential to it, I really want to see it at its best, and report what I see as accurately and impartially as possible.

I *can* however say with a fair amount of confidence (even at this early point) that the Telson isn't at all slower than an AK-47 red. At worst, their speed is equivalent, and the Telson is spinnier.

At best, the Telson is potentially a Tenergy killer -- the similarities I spotted between the Telson and the Hammond Z2 don't just end at their appearance... Huge spin, huge speed, wonderful diving arc and kick with heavy topspin loops.

Will report more and fill in some blanks, as soon as I have the chance. 🙂

This user has no status.
Id describe it differently. LAC is bouncier and faster with lower impact shots. R9 gets faster than lac the more power you put into the shot.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Id describe it differently. LAC is bouncier and faster with lower impact shots. R9 gets faster than lac the more power you put into the shot.
You could be right, but it isn't a extreme difference.

I tested R9 on BH and with low impact its fast and bouncy enough (reboosted with a thin layer of seamoon at least) but it plays better with 'active' strokes even if low impact, Lac can passive block a bit easier I feel. R9 feels dynamic and it also takes booster better so you can make it a bit bouncier if needed.

I couldn't test R9 Speed version (38° hardness) but I assume it's bouncier out of the box

Reactions: Attitude
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
Really not a bad rubber at all, the R3Pro. I have it on one of my test blades and quite liked it, but the R3blue and pink just suit my game and current favorite blade that little bit better. I've only tried my R3 Pro on a springy 5-ply blade I make with a balsa core and Queensland walnut outers so far (a surprisingly fast and spinny combination of woods! Want to experiment far more with it and perfect it, if only I had the time 😂😂).

I have a couple of R9s sitting on my desk waiting for the right blade to strap them to. What style of blade do you think they're best suited to? Stiff and hard or soft and buttery?
What's the difference between R3 Pro and R3 blue/pink? I quite like the R3 blue/pink but I haven't got to the R3 pro yet.

Reactions: mattlamperouge
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
What's the difference between R3 Pro and R3 blue/pink? I quite like the R3 blue/pink but I haven't got to the R3 pro yet.
Really different. R3 Pro feels more unboosted, R3 Pink feels boosted and bouncier. R3 Pink is denser and harder.

R3 Pro has a nice strong reaction to booster.

Reactions: Wakkibatty
Jan 2023
Really different. R3 Pro feels more unboosted, R3 Pink feels boosted and bouncier. R3 Pink is denser and harder.

R3 Pro has a nice strong reaction to booster.
Does R3 Pro topsheet feels soft, or more like the tough topsheet of R3 pink?

Reactions: Wakkibatty
Jan 2023
Hope to have another hit on Monday or Tuesday, will know more then. Again, it's difficult to judge this rubber on the wrong blade, it has such considerable potential to it, I really want to see it at its best, and report what I see as accurately and impartially as possible.

I *can* however say with a fair amount of confidence (even at this early point) that the Telson isn't at all slower than an AK-47 red. At worst, their speed is equivalent, and the Telson is spinnier.

At best, the Telson is potentially a Tenergy killer -- the similarities I spotted between the Telson and the Hammond Z2 don't just end at their appearance... Huge spin, huge speed, wonderful diving arc and kick with heavy topspin loops.

Will report more and fill in some blanks, as soon as I have the chance. 🙂
Hey have you had a chance to test the Telson in the past few days?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2024
Just a little update on R9.

Yesterday I took it off and peeled off the glue on the sponge. After that, I re-glued the rubber and had some session with it. The rubber's property changed. It's softer and I can feel the ball dig deeply to the sponge. It's getting faster but then I notice slight decrease in spin, be it when looping or serving.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Just a little update on R9.

Yesterday I took it off and peeled off the glue on the sponge. After that, I re-glued the rubber and had some session with it. The rubber's property changed. It's softer and I can feel the ball dig deeply to the sponge. It's getting faster but then I notice slight decrease in spin, be it when looping or serving.
Yo may find it has nothing to do with the re-gluing at all but
it is simply a matter of it being full moon. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Yo may find it has nothing to do with the re-gluing at all but
it is simply a matter of it being full moon. 😂
I'm making a full moon out of it right now...
If any of you clowns inspire a new Twilight movie that I have to watch with any female I am engaged with I will for sure make you sneeze or hiccup or worse. (for sure my wished will be worse)

• Haha
Reactions: latej