Fake Super ZLC??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I was scanning taobao for super zlc/alc blades. I mostly found stuor ones for around 130-150hkd (17-19usd). But I found some slightly more expensive ones by smaller companies. Claiming to have the exact super zlc blade (without the logo and butterfly gem ofc) with the exact super zlc carbon. On stuor they just say yellow carbon/ white carbon (for the revoldia for example its white carbon idk the others). Is this real?? And is the stuor ones really worth it and feel similar or identical to the real ones?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
And is the stuor ones really worth it and feel similar or identical to the real ones?
on their own they can stand as a well made blade at a decent price. This whole forum is full of posts where players try to compare the "real thing" against the clones and IMO this is a complete waste of time and ink.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I was scanning taobao for super zlc/alc blades. I mostly found stuor ones for around 130-150hkd (17-19usd). But I found some slightly more expensive ones by smaller companies. Claiming to have the exact super zlc blade (without the logo and butterfly gem ofc) with the exact super zlc carbon. On stuor they just say yellow carbon/ white carbon (for the revoldia for example its white carbon idk the others). Is this real?? And is the stuor ones really worth it and feel similar or identical to the real ones?
I had the Lemuria one, and it was very good. I had the Stuor FZD ALC clone, and it was very good, apart from being slightly thicker than I wanted.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I don´t think anyone will claim experience on a broad, general basis. There are differences between the originals and differences between the copies, so you might find one Stuor that plays almost exactly like the one Butterfly you have for comparison, but you could also have one Stuor that is totally different to the Butterfly original you compare it to.

The few ones I´ve tried held up for their own and currently I have one inspired by the Mizutani ZLC which is surely ok.

The question for me is really why not buy a cheap Stuor instead of all the other blades by bigger names inspired by Butterfly? How many "Viscaria" type blades are there from all companies at prices that could allow for buying five Stuor Viscaria copies and pick the best one?

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I have a stuor long v, I don't particularly like it but it's not a bad blade. Quality is excellent and craftsmanship is good. It's a bit dull and soft for my liking but that's probably because of its soft wood combo, it lacks vibration and clarity. But it does have the distinct feel of alc, I think they do use real carbon composites. I just don't like soft blades, I think it's worth more than what you pay.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
blade construction is very technical. It is craftsmanship and R&D
Its not just choosing the layers of wood and composite and putting them together, but how to balance the blade by raw material selection, the heat and glue used to bond the layers, the duration of heating, the type of bonding material and what not.
So I never take those "clone" serious, since its not just putting 2 pieces of bread and peanut butter in there to make a sandwich, as this is craftmanship we are talking about and just copying the same specs is barely consider similar.