Loki Honor ALC Review

says On a never ending EJ journey
Jun 2023
Hi all,

Decided to write a review on another hidden gem. This time, it’s the Loki Honor ALC. The other thread about Loki rubbers and equipment got me curious so I decided to buy the most expensive blade that Loki offers on their Aliexpress store front to give it a try. It was about $130ish and I was really curious to see what $130 would get me from a brand that’s been typically known to produce cheap products.

Blade stats:
90g FL
FH: Yasaka Rakza Z Max
BH: Nittaku Fastarc G1 Max

For some background, Loki is not a well-known Chinese brand, even among the many cheap Chinese companies. Yinhe, Friendship, Sanwei are probably better-known Chinese brands. They have some relationship with Wang Hao, not sure if he’s part owner or just a sponsored celebrity. There’s also been some posts recently on TTD about their rubbers, namely the Rxton 1, 3, 5 and their Arthur series. Seeing as their general audience is for budget-minded players, I was surprised to see a $130ish blade on their site. That’s a price point that rivals a lot of other well-known brands. Surely, an expensive-ish blade from a “cheap” company must be amazing then, right?

It actually is amazing. This blade is an oversized inner carbon blade with yellow ALC (can someone explain if there’s any differences between the different ALC colors – red, blue, green, yellow, etc.). According to this video -
, blue ALC is meant more for spin (why it’s on the outer layer) while yellow ALC is more for power and speed (why it’s on the inside layer).

The website says the blade is a Limba outer with an Ayous inner. My blade, however, looks like it has a Koto outer layer and it plays like one too. The feeling is very crisp and direct while giving more than enough dwell time for loops. It feels similar to my Nittaku Hina Hayata H2 on medium to high power shots but doesn’t engage the carbon as early on lower power shots. The blade is faster than W968 and slower than Viscaria. It’s also a lot easier to control and use compared to those blades as well. For $130, this is probably one of the best blades you can buy in this price range. FH loops are very easy to execute. BH feels good due to the stiff/crisp nature of this blade.

The bad:
The build quality is somewhat left to be desired. There were some stray ALC fibers and sort of reminded me of DHS build quality.

Other notes:
The handle was smooth and felt comfortable. It come in a nice decorative case/box.

Reactions: Spinsanity
This user has no status.
Can you give us some more detailed experience with it? Like how much faster you felt it is compared to W968. And if there are other differences. Have you played any other inner ac blades and compare them to it.

Besides to this, some over all advice: loki honor is no alc. Getting your facts straight beforehand makes your review more reliable, otherwise it gets really confusing.
Try to restrain from comparing everything with anything, meaning to put outer alc blades in comparison to inner ac. Those two are different than night and day. There is no need to compare it next to each other. Besides similar blades will give your readers a better understanding of what your experience have been with that exact blade.

And if you want to put the outer layer into discussion, it would help to have a decent photo of it. Some people on thos forum can identify different woods just by a single look. Just saying you think and feel, wont help much.

Either way thanks for your insight and the information you provide

Jun 2023
Can you give us some more detailed experience with it? Like how much faster you felt it is compared to W968. And if there are other differences. Have you played any other inner ac blades and compare them to it.

Besides to this, some over all advice: loki honor is no alc. Getting your facts straight beforehand makes your review more reliable, otherwise it gets really confusing.
Try to restrain from comparing everything with anything, meaning to put outer alc blades in comparison to inner ac. Those two are different than night and day. There is no need to compare it next to each other. Besides similar blades will give your readers a better understanding of what your experience have been with that exact blade.

And if you want to put the outer layer into discussion, it would help to have a decent photo of it. Some people on thos forum can identify different woods just by a single look. Just saying you think and feel, wont help much.

Either way thanks for your insight and the information you provide
Man you really embody your username don't you.
For better pictures, look here. I bought option 2 (long handle with box). Notice how the outer layer in that photo is different from the rest. The wood is a lot lighter color and you don't see the vertical striations you typically see in Limba.
I also uploaded pics of my blade here. Unfortunately, I have the rubbers on so you can't get a good view of the top wood.

Like how much faster you felt it is compared to W968.
How tf am I supposed to answer this question? Get a speed measuring device? It's faster, noticeably so.

And if there are other differences.
It's more crisp and easy to use. Don't need as much effort to generate a quality shot. FH < W968. BH > W968.

Have you played any other inner ac blades and compare them to it.
Yes, tons. I told you, feels similar to Hina Hayata H2.

loki honor is no alc
Check the website, it literally says ALC. Look at the pics, very clear carbon layer.

Last edited by a moderator:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Honor Wang Hao is not ALC. It is Aromatic Carbon

Screen shot from 2022~2023 catalogue:

1689702431403.png

From spec sheet for all blades:
王皓荣耀版
HONOR WANG HAO
Speed 90
Control 90
5+2
"林巴Limba
阿尤斯ayous
芳碳aromatic carbon
阿尤斯ayous
芳碳aromatic carbon
阿尤斯ayous
林巴Limba"
OFF++

I suspect two things
1) mistake on aliexpress
2) they changed the specs

Jun 2023
Not sure why the description is different.

Brand: LOKI

Item: 5 Ply+2 ALC Carbon Table Tennis Blade

Handle type: CS/FL

Weight: FL 90±5 g; CS 86±5 g

Surface size:
Long handle:152*160 mm
Short handle:151*163 mm

Thickness: 5.7-5.9 mm

Speed: 90 Control: 90

Blade Composition:
Limba+Ayous+Yellow ALC+Ayous+Yellow ALC+Ayous+Limba

Type: OFF++

Suit for: Professional&Advanced Competition

Package including:
LOKI Honor blade*1 (Luxury Box Selectable)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
For better pictures, look here. I bought option 2 (long handle with box). Notice how the outer layer in that photo is different from the rest. The wood is a lot lighter color and you don't see the vertical striations you typically see in Limba.
I also uploaded pics of my blade here. Unfortunately, I have the rubbers on so you can't get a good view of the top wood.

How tf am I supposed to answer this question? Get a speed measuring device? It's faster, noticeably so.

It's more crisp and easy to use. Don't need as much effort to generate a quality shot. FH < W968. BH > W968.

Are you dumb or just illiterate? Check the website, it literally says ALC. Look at the pics, very clear carbon layer.
Faster than W968 and also and similar to Hayata H2, sounds like a really good blade.

I had actually ordered a Loki K5 ALC from PrinceTT, but they never shipped it to me or replied my email. But the K5 has the same limba-inner alc composition, so I wonder what the difference is between the Loki K5 and Honor ALC.

This user has no status.

Are you dumb or just illiterate? Check the website, it literally says ALC. Look at the pics, very clear carbon layer.

Well at least i tried it objectively, but you are just rude and uneducated on top.
Here for some reference so we can maybe start talking about the same stuff: https://www.sdcttblades.com/materials/fibers

A speed reference in itself is mostly useless, because everyone experiences it different. And to top it off you could difrentiate here if it is the topend speed or the catapult/bounce.
More variables you could give are arc, stiffness/flex, dwelltime, feedback/vibrations...

Either way the problem remains though, that once again information from Loki (at least from the sellers) are more than confusing and just bad.
I even talked once with the Loki Official Store on AliExpress and they stated the Loki Honor as their interpretation of a W968 . Taking a different approach here in changing the toplayer+the carbon makes no sense. On the other hand, we already found several confusing parts on Loki products that also made no sense. Sadly enough.

The most likely scenario would probably be that the store is wrong here, however, there is a lack of official information from Loki as they do not update their own website and it has a 2019 status.

Reactions: lodro
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
ALC """might""" be containing Arylate, woven in together with carbon.
In most chinese cheap blades the ALC rather stands for Aramid/carbon or commonly known as Kevlar, sometimes also abbreviated as Carbokev.

I can't see anything special on this blade other than the colors on the handle and of course the fancy box.
If I would compare this with any of the available Us$30 ALC inner blades and some might come out on top. 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Choosikick
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
Honor Wang Hao is not ALC. It is Aromatic Carbon

Screen shot from 2022~2023 catalogue:

View attachment 25926

From spec sheet for all blades:
王皓荣耀版
HONOR WANG HAO
Speed 90
Control 90
5+2
"林巴Limba
阿尤斯ayous
芳碳aromatic carbon
阿尤斯ayous
芳碳aromatic carbon
阿尤斯ayous
林巴Limba"
OFF++

I suspect two things
1) mistake on aliexpress
2) they changed the specs
Aren't Aramid carbon, Arylate carbon, ALC, aromatic carbon etc. all called 芳碳?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Aren't Aramid carbon, Arylate carbon, ALC, aromatic carbon etc. all called 芳碳?
direct answer yes

but if we just talking Loki
They will put AL (Aromatic Carbon) or ALC (Arylate Carbon) on the blade.
I'm not sure if this is an English naming issue or if it is different materials.
color wise, it is indeed different.
So with different name and different colour, it is different things.

I didn't really investigate too much into all the blades and only chose a few models for South Africa, from a short list of what they recommended.

They only sent me 2 blade samples too. V7 and W81

Reactions: hclnnkhg
This user has no status.
direct answer yes

but if we just talking Loki
They will put AL (Aromatic Carbon) or ALC (Arylate Carbon) on the blade.
I'm not sure if this is an English naming issue or if it is different materials.
color wise, it is indeed different.
So with different name and different colour, it is different things.

I didn't really investigate too much into all the blades and only chose a few models for South Africa, from a short list of what they recommended.

They only sent me 2 blade samples too. V7 and W81
Well on AliExpress all the sellers call everything alc so it seems. On long 5 it is alc as well. They only seem to differentiate alc, zlc and wood^^

Currently im intrigued to get another substitute inner ac blade, because lac feels quite different on outer alc blades. Just testes it for several days on my pro 01 and i do can work with it, but have to change several techniques on different shots. That will most likely hurt my game of it comes to change in a tournament for example....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Have any of you guys ever bought an item that is truly complicated, like an electric toothbrush, a toaster or a towel? Do you undertake the same process whereby one of you buys a random toaster from a cheap Chinese company, tries it out for a week with different types of bread at different times of the day and then posts pictures and a written report on a forum only for your peers to call you an idiot because you can't even tell with certainty what the room temperature was during your tests?