Hurricane 8, underrated, overlooked rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Do you know which one is faster? Boosted H8 or boosted H8-80?
Well. These are totally different and it depends on how you play with them. H8-80 is faster in weaker shots as it's a more soft, bouncy rubber and H8 is faster when you add a lot of power and start closing the bat angle more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Only tried unboosted. H8 is very slow and has a hard feeling. Probably made for being used with booster.
8-80 is not exactly a speed monster either but it is definitely faster than the regular one and useable out of the box. Great paired with a hard and fast blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Well. These are totally different and it depends on how you play with them. H8-80 is faster in weaker shots as it's a more soft, bouncy rubber and H8 is faster when you add a lot of power and start closing the bat angle more.
Good day to you sir,

Which rubber is much more tacky top sheet, H8 or H8-80.

Thank you for your kindness reply.

Best regards,

Tiz

This user has no status.

Tiz

This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I'm going to test a new setup tomorrow. Bloom Power 47 on FH and Hurricane 8 37 on bh. I have a feeling this setup is going to be monster.

They both combine everything I love about rubbers. They are firm, they are tacky, they are powerful, they are grippy.
Do you mean H8-80 37? It doesn't seem that DHS makes a 37 H8

says Not for sale, I liked it actually
says Not for sale, I liked it actually
May 2018
Can we have levels attach to a players bio? Some of the advice are atrocious. H8-80 is trash, don't buy it.

Can we have levels attach to a players bio? Some of the advice are atrocious. H8-80 is trash, don't buy it.
Preferably, to attach a small video with at least 5-10 top spins on the BH and FH to see player's level. Or if it's a coach, then to see how their students are doing. Or...
/sarcasm
But for real, H8-80 is not a bad rubber at all, especially on stiffer blades like DHS Bo2 or BTY Viscaria. I have it on my BH for several months already and able to win against quite strong opponents.
Here is a short video of me doing BH top spins with H8-80 37 degrees unboosted:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Do you mean H8-80 37? It doesn't seem that DHS makes a 37 H8
The (H3) 37 degree sponge series, has H8 with that sponge. But only have commercial version, while other 37 has higher version options
H8-DHS HURRICANE8 RUBBER RED 2.15MM37H
H8-DHS HURRICANE8 RUBBER RED 2.2MM37H

The normal H8 is 39~41
DHS HURRICANE8 RUBBER BLACK 2.15MM39H
DHS HURRICANE8 RUBBER RED 2.15MM39H
DHS HURRICANE8 RUBBER BLACK 2.15MM40H
DHS HURRICANE8 RUBBER RED 2.15MM40H
DHS HURRICANE8 RUBBER BLACK 2.15MM41H
DHS HURRICANE8 RUBBER RED 2.15MM41H
DHS HURRICANE8 RUBBER BLACK 2.2MM39H
DHS HURRICANE8 RUBBER RED 2.2MM39H
DHS HURRICANE8 RUBBER BLACK 2.2MM40H
DHS HURRICANE8 RUBBER RED 2.2MM40H
DHS HURRICANE8 RUBBER BLACK 2.2MM41H
DHS HURRICANE8 RUBBER RED 2.2MM41H

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I'm going to test a new setup tomorrow. Bloom Power 47 on FH and Hurricane 8 37 on bh. I have a feeling this setup is going to be monster.

They both combine everything I love about rubbers. They are firm, they are tacky, they are powerful, they are grippy.
Good day to you sir,

Please be kind to review your above list new setup of Bloom Power + 37 degree Hurricane 8.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Reactions: Fnub
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Good day to you sir,

Please be kind to review your above list new setup of Bloom Power + 37 degree Hurricane 8.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Bloom Power is pretty awesome. Its hard and grippy with good catapult. It really is like boosted H3. Forehand looping really stands out for the power and spin and arc and control.

H8 on bh has hits and misses. Its hard and tacky, so it pushes and loops well. But for block and drive, it is weak. There isnt enough catapult on bh, and its very spin sensitive. Blocks can go wild quite often. I feel big dipper is a better bh rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Good day to you sir,

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
For my abilities, I think H8 is better suited for forehand.

Bh would be better with something more hybrid. D09c, C53, K3, etc. They have more catapult than H8 but also have less spin sensitivity for blocks. Blocking is a huge part of my game.

Reactions: bobpuls
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
H8-80 is the only DHS rubber that can be played unboosted imo. But it's too soft on the FH imo, and it becomes unstable during harder loops which is undesirable. For BH I reckon it's a good rubber for sure.
I’ve played a few DHS rubbers, and only boosted 2 or so, the memorable ones were H3 Neo 2.15mm, and Skyline 3 provincial. I had no issues playing unboosted H3 Neo (various versions), H8 and H3. Ignorance is bliss!!
No doubt boosting is the way to go though, but I’m to lazy to do so, got mixed results when I did some boosting tests, sometimes I felt no difference at all !!! (Skyline 3 provincial felt great, a good boost job for once!! )
When DHS released H8-80 I bought about 4 sheets over a few months, 2 @ 37 degree and 2 @ 38 degree. I like this rubber. It’s definitely not trash.
For high power shots, it could be the Viscaria that contributes to the ‘unstableness’ rather than the rubber. The same for the long5 blade, I found that it was harder to judge how far the ball would travel when you really put some power into a stroke, that combined with my, at best, average stroke technique not putting enough spin on the ball to drag it onto the table caused ball to fly long.

Reactions: JBH7 and blahness
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
SYS uses H3 Orange 37.5 and CM uses H8 with #20 sponge (same as H3 orange) 37. Alot of players actually uses H8 with #20 sponge I think. Including WMY and WCQ. I used H8 before and with boost it is kind of a disappointment compare to H3 Orange prov or up for backhand and H3 Blue prov or up for forehand.

Reactions: TT Lover
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
SYS uses H3 Orange 37.5 and CM uses H8 with #20 sponge (same as H3 orange) 37. Alot of players actually uses H8 with #20 sponge I think. Including WMY and WCQ. I used H8 before and with boost it is kind of a disappointment compare to H3 Orange prov or up for backhand and H3 Blue prov or up for forehand.
Whats the reason to use H8 with 20 sponge instead of H3 with 20 sponge?