Hurricane 8, underrated, overlooked rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
It's weird, nobody ever talks about Hurricane 8. All the talk is always about H3. I was curious about Hurricane 8 since it seems Chen Meng and Sun Yinsha use it.

I tried boosted H8 today, and I am blown away. This rubber is fantastic. It's got hardness and gears, its fast, its spinny, its tacky, angle is good. I feel its just as good on FH or BH. It's very very boucy and catapulty. The closest rubber it reminds me of us Loki GTX.

I'm really surprised there are not more fans of H8.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Please correct me if i am wrong but H8 is not the same rubber as H8-80.
I seem to remember a comparison that slammed H8-80
Yep. Totally different sponge and even though the top sheet has the same number, I feel a great difference there as well, but it might have to do with the sponge being so different...?

Tiz

This user has no status.

Tiz

This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I have a sheet of H8 red, mid hardness, I got it from TT11 during a weekly special, I haven't decided if I wanted to use it for FH or BH

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Reactions: Tiz
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
This user has no status.
According to 247tabletennis, both Chen Meng and SYS use H8 on bh.

But yarilog https://yarilog.com/equipment-world-women/ reports both of them using H3.

Which site is correct?
Especially CM is a tricky case because she swapped quite recently several times. Started off with Vis+H3 and H8 and copied SYS right afterwards with W968+H3 and H3. Went back to Vis+H3 and H3 and latest tournament she played with H8 again.
247 updates quite frequently.

I played H8 myself for a longer time on my bh and only swapped because my LAC felt more powerfull and more consistent (probably there is no need of boosting).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Has anyone used H8 either in 40 or 41deg unboosted? Want to compare it's hardness with other rubbers Ive used.If you've used Bloom Power ,Battle 2 prov,Jupiter 2 or TDE and can compare ,I'd appreciate it.
I have a sheet of H8 39d, and it seems similar hardness as Jupiter 3 39d

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
From time i have used it i remember that classic h8 mid hard is to heavy.. 0.25g/cm2 if i remember it correctly.... Black rubber topsheet was lower quality then red one.... And h8 with blue sponge was the best ... Light and most agresíve. Stil the elasticity and feel was the best one.. Still asking myself why i stopped using it.