Favorite to win 2024 Olympics?

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
i'm sure we all want, but another 8 months from now, could he pick up lost speed?
4 year cycle, and 2 only, many people needs to sit out. It isn't like those other sports/teams where one can take part in 5 or 6 OG....
Xu Xin, one of the best players (WR1 etc) never even got a shot
Well, one can also ask, can WCQ keep it up? Time will tell. My magic eight ball says: "my sources say no", whereas the answer to "Will ML go to the olympics?" is "without a doubt".

Then again, he may just visit as a cheerleader. Or a secondary coach. Or as a minor participant in a teams event, or somesuch.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Every champion has the ability to adapt to every single style of play and deploy appropriate tactics. I feel like WCQ has very solid techniques but show weakness in adapting.

In WCQ vs Zhou Qihao 2nd game, WCQ was leading 10-4 and Zhou was able to win 6 points in a row. In fact Zhou did short spinny flicks and got 3 points out of that. WCQ struggled to adapt until 6 points later.

In this aspect, FZD without injuries, has greater adaptability and more weapons in his arsenals.

Reactions: matzreenzi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Every champion has the ability to adapt to every single style of play and deploy appropriate tactics. I feel like WCQ has very solid techniques but show weakness in adapting.

In WCQ vs Zhou Qihao 2nd game, WCQ was leading 10-4 and Zhou was able to win 6 points in a row. In fact Zhou did short spinny flicks and got 3 points out of that. WCQ struggled to adapt until 6 points later.

In this aspect, FZD without injuries, has greater adaptability and more weapons in his arsenals.
I don't see this to be true, virtually everyone had had a major reversal of that sort of magnitude against them happen, might be international match, might be local leagues. It happens.
Ma Long had a 10-4 overturned against him in the 5th set against FZD like 2 years ago, Does Ma Long have poor adaptability compared to FZD??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Not sure if WCQ will have this problem going forward,
but one thing for sure, LGY had this problem since when he was 12 years old.
His coach then saw this issue and it was something that even the best resources in the world - could not fix.

If you had this issue for 1 year, it will take 2 years to fix and you not guaranteed a true fix, since in training or non crucial matches, everything is wonderful. But when it matters the most, the flaws will resurface again and say BOO
3 years will take 6 years
5 years will take 10 years

For LGY, 16 years on and he is still having the same issue

WCQ is no longer young and spent many years in the CNT first team.
He had shown problems that CNT first team captains before him has never shown.
The closes is maybe Wang Hao forgetting how to play table tennis in Athens

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I don't see this to be true, virtually everyone had had a major reversal of that sort of magnitude against them happen, might be international match, might be local leagues. It happens.
Ma Long had a 10-4 overturned against him in the 5th set against FZD like 2 years ago, Does Ma Long have poor adaptability compared to FZD??

Thanks. What match was that?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Read 5 reviews
WCQ is still young, FZD is at the age when he’s prone to injuries.

I feel Felix has higher consistency than Alexis, despite Alexis’ greater power.

Would be nice to see a French vs Chinese Mens final
I agree. To me it looks like FZD has a technique that will lead sevire injuries which will end his career way too soon. FZD has an extreme hip circulation with his fh and the fact that he has a lot muscular mass is not a good thing concidering lower back issues which leads to knee injuries as well. I really hope that I’m wrong but I wouldn’t be surprised if ML gets a one more chance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
In terms of results, obviously its still early days for WCQ.

But in terms of skill and ability, is WCQ on the level of ZJK and ML?

WCQ has the strength and power of Wang Liqin and the flexibility and footwork of Xu Xin. His potential could exceed that of Ma Long tbh.

That’s why I am really worried FZD will get beaten by WCQ in Paris.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
WCQ has the strength and power of Wang Liqin and the flexibility and footwork of Xu Xin. His potential could exceed that of Ma Long tbh.

its pretty obvious base on the lack of depth in cnt at the moment that WCQ will become world champion and/or olympic champion in the current or next cycle. There isn't any one after FZD that can really stop him.
He should also be the first lefty champion/grandslam.

If he fails, then it is him giving it away and not any other taking away from him.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018

No way he is comparable to WLQ. Not even XX could compare in footwork (Qin Zhijian even said he was slow). Check out the footage of WLQ in his early days. Former JNT players have commented how WLQ is the scariest in rallies. Togami and Tanaka have also commented how it was easier than they thought to stay in the rallies against WCQ.

Tieba users have also teased WCQ for how poor he is in the rallies in MD/XD, after seeing he had trouble keeping up in the SF match against WCT at Asian Games 2022.
骰子相持能力居然远不如大圣,离谱 (Dice is actually far inferior to Da Sheng/Great Sage/Sun Wukong in rallies, outrageous)
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8629777468

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zfTO6GOrGY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QoKM2e6y8s

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
its pretty obvious base on the lack of depth in cnt at the moment that WCQ will become world champion and/or olympic champion in the current or next cycle. There isn't any one after FZD that can really stop him.
He should also be the first lefty champion/grandslam.

If he fails, then it is him giving it away and not any other taking away from him.
Luann Jingkun matches up with WCQ reliably well. It all depends on whether rhet will play in the same draw.