Feeling of the bat - Donic Burn OFF / Acuda Blue P2

This user has no status.
Hi!

I'm a beginner (training for 2 months now) using Donic Burn OFF / Acuda Blue P2 (max on both sides) and had the opportunity to test a bat (just bouncing the ball, not playing really) from another player of the club. It was a Tibhar IV-L Light Contact with MX-S on both sides (don't know the thickness). I felt it a lot heavier, but the feeling of bouncing the ball was a lot better for me (I think the key is vibration). After that, I felt my bat "dead".

I'm definately going to change rubbers when mine worn out (willing to use some Evolution, like EL-P), but I don't know if changing the blade too will help to improve the feeling of the set. If I switch my blade to something like Stratus Power Wood or Stiga Infinity VPS V, will it help me on the feeling aspect? Or just switching to a less thinner rubber will do?

Thanks!
PS: I'm Brazillian, so ignore the grammar and spelling mistakes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
Hi there,

that setup seems rather fast to me for someone only playing for two months. The Donic Burn blades are indeed somewhat hard and stiff. The two blades you listed are (as far as I'm aware) a bit less stiff so they should provide a better feeling. If I were to be in your position I would not go above 2.1mm thickness however that is my personal prefence and if you think you can handle something thicker there is nothing stopping you and trying it out.
I'm not the biggest equipment expert but I think in generel it can be said that you get more feeling the thinner the rubber. Don't quote me on that though:p