A couple of questions

Hi couple of questions if you guys can help.

1. Would the 4 degree softer sponge hardness coming from 09c to Dignics 05 be noticeable on my FH whilst playing or not too much?

2. I’m a bit worried as when I played last night my bat felt rock hard with no feeling whatsoever. There isn’t any dents around the sides or anything. Could this be a sign my blade is broken?

NDH

says Spin to win!

1. Would the 4 degree softer sponge hardness coming from 09c to Dignics 05 be noticeable on my FH whilst playing or not too much?

2. I’m a bit worried as when I played last night my bat felt rock hard with no feeling whatsoever. There isn’t any dents around the sides or anything. Could this be a sign my blade is broken?

1. Noticeable? Yes.

But it depends on your FH style - 09C will give you a higher arc and 05 will be faster and more direct.

If your reason for changing is because 09C is too hard, maybe look at Tenergy, because the slighter softer Dignics 05 is still likely to be too hard for you (I personally don't think it's worth going from 09C to 05 *just* for the slightly softer sponge).

2. Did this feel much different to normal?

D09C in the cold will feel very hard. The cold makes most rubbers feel harder than normal.

But if the bat felt crazily different to how it usually does, it sounds like there is more of an issue than just the cold.

Reactions: hazzaa96
1. Noticeable? Yes.

But it depends on your FH style - 09C will give you a higher arc and 05 will be faster and more direct.

If your reason for changing is because 09C is too hard, maybe look at Tenergy, because the slighter softer Dignics 05 is still likely to be too hard for you (I personally don't think it's worth going from 09C to 05 *just* for the slightly softer sponge).

2. Did this feel much different to normal?

D09C in the cold will feel very hard. The cold makes most rubbers feel harder than normal.

But if the bat felt crazily different to how it usually does, it sounds like there is more of an issue than just the cold.
Hi NDH thanks for the response. I use the Ovtcharov innerforce ALC (which I know your a fan of based on your review I read) Very good BTW!

I played a tournament a couple of weeks ago and found the 09c rock solid which I haven’t really felt before. Was thinking of going with the softer D05 which I do like as a rubber or was even tempted to try G1

NDH

says Spin to win!
Hi NDH thanks for the response. I use the Ovtcharov innerforce ALC (which I know your a fan of based on your review I read) Very good BTW!

I played a tournament a couple of weeks ago and found the 09c rock solid which I haven’t really felt before. Was thinking of going with the softer D05 which I do like as a rubber or was even tempted to try G1
Was it a brand new sheet of D09C (and was it made up be Tees Sport?)

When I first received my OALC with D09C and D05 I thought the 09C was horrible.

Very hard and slow (almost like a generic store bought bat).

But this was having used Tenergy for so long, so it was a bit of a shock.

A few weeks down the line and the rubber was a little softer, or I was just much more used to it - Either way, I couldn't go back now.

The touch, spin, control are all just too great on 09C.

I'm tempted to switch over to 09C on the backhand as well down the line!

Reactions: latej and hazzaa96
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

Yes, 4 degree is very noticeable

Reactions: hazzaa96
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
09c need a few hours to break in, 09c and 05, they are 2 different character rubber, maybe play with 09c more time before switch? Cause as I know many ppl first time play with 09c, won't be too comfortable if you not from some tacky Chinese rubber or hybrid.

Reactions: latej and blahness