Finezip problem

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Hi all

Let me start by saying I am pretty experienced in glueing rubbers onto blades (EJ anyone?)

I have used most glues in the past and after having some frustrations with normal viscosity Revolution, decided to try Finezip. I ordered a small tube and loved it - more viscosity and better adherence, whilst still being able to remove bot rubber and glue as needed (although not in one piece)

Fast forward and I bit the bulled and ordered a large 500ml tube (strange that it comes in a large tube as harder to ensure mixed)

This has been a nightmare - the first rubber I removed tore clean in half, which I chalked up to me being less careful (Now I know it wasn't that) I then reduced my normal two layers to one layer on rubber and one on blade and was more careful in limiting the glue. Since then I have found rubbers very difficult to remove - not impossible but attached so strongly that the process is slow and uncomfortable. Added to that the glue remains 30-50% on the blade (needing to then also be removed) which shows the strength of the bond to the sponge. The glue residue left on the sponge is a nightmare to remove, taking up to an hour and often pulling pieces of sponge out too. This morning another sheet of nearly new rubber tore in the sponge despite very careful removal.

I have not seen this reported as an issue by users of Finezip, so am assuming this might either be a batch issue or related to the large tube not mixing well (I always agitate it as much as possible) I certainly won't be using this glue again and have wasted half of an expensive tube.

Has anyone any ideas or experienced this with Finezip?

IMG_2239.JPGIMG_2240.JPGIMG_2238.JPG

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
I've not experienced this with Finezip but have seen something similar recently with Free Chack and Free Chack Pro. Especially that the glue remains both on sponge and blade and not in one piece on the sponge as usual. Also had issues removing the glue from the sponge and a couple of times that the rubber wouldn't stick on the blade after air-drying.
What I tried was diluting the thicker Chack Pro with tap water which somewhat helped and then blow-drying. Blow-drying solved the issue with partially or non-sticking rubbers in most cases.

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
Just toss it to the trash. The glue is too old and will do more damage to your equipments. I have just experienced the same thing.
Using DHS 15 now - much easier to apply and remove, esp when use multiple thin layers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Is there a date on the bottle?
did you shake the bottle before use?

Some times glue if stored incorrect will cause problems with the bond
your glue looks too sticky - is it sticky on the residue on the blade?

Get DHS no 15
There is dates on the bottle
but you won't know how the reseller have stored - hopefully all normal and the glue can last a long time for you

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Is there a date on the bottle?
did you shake the bottle before use?

Some times glue if stored incorrect will cause problems with the bond
your glue looks too sticky - is it sticky on the residue on the blade?

Get DHS no 15
There is dates on the bottle
but you won't know how the reseller have stored - hopefully all normal and the glue can last a long time for you
Can't see a date on the tube and yes I worked hard to mix up the glue - but it is a large tube so not easy. The residue on blade and rubber is very sticky and hence very hard to get off, so I agree that it is too sticky and hence causing damage.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Can't see a date on the tube and yes I worked hard to mix up the glue - but it is a large tube so not easy. The residue on blade and rubber is very sticky and hence very hard to get off, so I agree that it is too sticky and hence causing damage.
Glue has gone bad

I had used a Tibhar glue before which was like that - super sticky. I threw it away and threw the rubber away and the blade took a long time to clean (I added layers and layers of normal glue on)

one of my mates loved it though (EJ guy)
The rubber and blade was just so sticky, he can remove rubbers off and put it on a film and change rubbers (EJ mode) on, without re gluing.
it was like using velcro

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
Pack sizes of glues often make me mad… butterfly e.g. has 50ml (wtf?), 90ml (still far too low for EJ and 500ml ( even as a big EJ a hell lot!).
My 500ml flasks show the same thing for the last 30% 😥

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
This is actually a known issue of Finezip, at least to me... it's extremely hard to remove after a while. But there is a trick, though I have not tried it yet. https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Hu4y1Q7ck/

Basically, you need a clothing iron, set it to the lowest setting and go for it lol

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
I've always been using finezip until recently where I changed to free chalk II. I can't say I have had the same problem or to the same extent as shown by the photos. That is some serious sticky force to be able to tore a rubber in half like that and the residue on the blade! When I remove my rubbers (often 1 year or more of staying on the blade), there would only be tiny dots of glue on the blade remaining, majority stays on the rubber that I peeled off. I remember though trying to remove the glue once off the rubber soon after gluing because I did a bad job of gluing (as the glue was old and it dried off too quickly leading to uneven layers on the rubber), it was a nightmare to do so and took me ages.
I do find the lack of production date on the bottle to be an issue as there are no ways to tell how long the bottle has stayed with the seller, and because of that, I think buying smaller size glue (despite more costly) would be a safer bet.