French National Championships 2023: B.O.B final !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
It had to happen: Alexis will face his brother Félix in the French Nationals men's final.

Félix has just beaten Simon Gauzy right now in the semi. Previously Alexis has defeated Jules Rolland, so now it's the Battle Of Brothers, like last year in the semis, but now in the final.

And again it was a butchery for Simon, loosing the 1st game 11-1 and the last one 11-3 !

Alexis has been inconsistent due to his recent injury but still... he's there in the final to defend his crown.

15h45 CET here

EDIT: women's final at 14h30, Audrey Zarif VS Charlotte Lutz, Prithika Pavade has been defeated at the very first round by Isa Cok against all odds, and Jianan Yuan didn't enter the competition.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
It had to happen: Alexis will face his brother Félix in the French Nationals men's final.

Félix has just beaten Simon Gauzy right now in the semi. Previously Alexis has defeated Jules Rolland, so now it's the Battle Of Brothers, like last year in the semis, but now in the final.

And again it was a butchery for Simon, loosing the 1st game 11-1 and the last one 11-3 !

Alexis has been inconsistent due to his recent injury but still... he's there in the final to defend his crown.

15h45 CET here

EDIT: women's final at 14h30, Audrey Zarif VS Charlotte Lutz, Prithika Pavade has been defeated at the very first round by Isa Cok against all odds, and Jianan Yuan didn't enter the competition.
I caught thr last game of Gauzy‐Lebrun, it was really hard to watch. Gauzy looked like someone who belonged in a museum. I hope he can find some reserves in his game because he cant go from beating Xu Xin to this.

• Haha
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
( you can laugh Takkyu, but at least with the french tables you can't see your face like in a mirror ! seems DHS is hiring hair dressers to paint their tables lulz)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Félix has just beaten Simon Gauzy right now in the semi.

I wonder if Gauzy is struggling a bit with the transition to a composite blade? Also, if you pause at 2:37:40 in the video, just before Gauzy serves at 0-6 down, you can see that his backhand (red) rubber isn't a Rasanter - it doesn't have a green sponge.

Reactions: OldUser
This user has no status.
The Lebrun brothers will be on top in French and maybe among the top in Europe, they can get into top 10 world ranking in short time coming if they keep improving and competing at highest level they can, best thing is that they don't fear playing with any even Chinese, that will help definitely, congrats to both brothers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
I wonder if Gauzy is struggling a bit with the transition to a composite blade? Also, if you pause at 2:37:40 in the video, just before Gauzy serves at 0-6 down, you can see that his backhand (red) rubber isn't a Rasanter - it doesn't have a green sponge.
I also think the same: since he uses the synteliac he has made a significant drop in performances. He does not have that control and variations at mid distance he used to have with his signature all wood blade, on the other hand he was using a Treiber CI when he defeated Xu Xin... that's quite strange...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I also think the same: since he uses the synteliac he has made a significant drop in performances. He does not have that control and variations at mid distance he used to have with his signature all wood blade, on the other hand he was using a Treiber CI when he defeated Xu Xin... that's quite strange...
Playing at mid distance is a losing proposition against a certain level and speed of player, that Alexis survives such rallies against his brother is not going to last forever.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Ok so I've watched a summary of the 2022 french nationals, and Gauzy was in fact dealing with a shoulder problem since a while and it happened to hurt him in that final when Alexis Lebrun defeated him. Long story short: the fact that Calderano left Hochsenhausen didn't left him time to recover cos' Can Akuzzu and Kanak Jha were not consistent enough at that time, that's why he didn't play the World Team Championships to take time for his shoulder.

Also, that's probably the reason why he started to use a faster blade, in the same "philosophy" as Timo Boll when he used the BTY Primorac carbon when he was injured. In the 2022 final vs Alexis, he was using his all wood signature Andro blade, and I think it was making use too much power on his strokes, and therefore worsened his right shoulder.

It appears to be a supraspinatus tendonitis, when you watch the physio working on Simon's shoulder there's no doubt, and it can last for years if you can't take enough rest. I am myself out of TT because of an even worse supraspinatus tendon condition, a partial rupture.

and during the final

Reactions: blahness
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
Also, that's probably the reason why he started to use a faster blade, in the same "philosophy" as Timo Boll when he used the BTY Primorac carbon when he was injured. In the 2022 final vs Alexis, he was using his all wood signature Andro blade, and I think it was making use too much power on his strokes, and therefore worsened his right shoulder.

It appears to be a supraspinatus tendonitis, when you watch the physio working on Simon's shoulder there's no doubt, and it can last for years if you can't take enough rest. I am myself out of TT because of an even worse supraspinatus tendon condition, a partial rupture.

Ahhhh...... My shoulder is hurting also when I play TT (for more than a year now). I have to EJ again to find a faster blade so that I don't have to swing fully (so I can still play TT although it hurts).

My point is: I now know that Boll and Gauzy think alike. It turns out that I have the same mind-set with great TT pros out there.... :) :) :)

On the serious side: I took a break for almost a year (but did not undergo any treatment), but it still hurts when playing TT. Maybe I need to see a doctor.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Well in my case I'll probably have to undergo surgery, the next MRI will tell ... I'm on sick leave since nearly 2 months now :(