Greetings from Netherlands

This user has no status.
Hi everyone! I am still a beginner in table tennis even though I am already in my early 30th. I used to play just for fun, but since last year I started to try learning the basics more seriously by watching youtube videos. I recently joined a local club and try to be consistent with the practice at least once a week.

I decided to join the forum because I read a lot of good discussion here, and I hope I can also benefit from the discussion to grow as a player :D

This user has no status.
Welcome! Good to see more Dutchies around!

Out of interest, which club did you join? And you considering to start playing in your local league too?
Hi enoxzr. Thank you! However, I am actually an Indonesian who is currently studying in the Netherlands. I am joining DHC tafeltennis club. I do plan to join the local league by January to measure my ability, haha.

But if I were to compare my skill with my friend who is already playing in the competition, I would expect my NTTB rating to still be very low (around 400-600, 6th ranking) 😅

This user has no status.
Hi enoxzr. Thank you! However, I am actually an Indonesian who is currently studying in the Netherlands. I am joining DHC tafeltennis club. I do plan to join the local league by January to measure my ability, haha.

But if I were to compare my skill with my friend who is already playing in the competition, I would expect my NTTB rating to still be very low (around 400-600, 6th ranking) 😅
That still a decent level, dont beat on yourself to hard for it. And my experience is that once you start playing official matches (and maybe some local tournaments) your level will increase quite a bit.

I returned back to play about 1.5 years ago after a 12 year hiatus. I made significant jumps in form after getting back into league play, my guess would be a jump in ELO of about 75 to 100 points

Reactions: rwk92