Harimoto: In terms of table tennis, I prefer ZJK to ML. ML is amazing but it is simply the result of working and playing diligently.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
LYJ has never defeated LJK to this day. Harimoto defeated LJK at least once in 2018. Does that mean LYJ is also the worse player, despite having defeated ML 4 times now? Harimoto has defeated ML 2 times. LJK and LGY never beat ML in international competitions until 2024. LJK and LGY have lost 9 and 8 matches to non-CNT players in the Paris 2024 cycle, respectively. So?
I think so, matchups over time vs form in specific matches is a tricky subject. Definitely experience could be the primary reason one is better but it could also just be skills or strategy.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
I think so, matchups over time vs form in specific matches is a tricky subject. Definitely experience could be the primary reason one is better but it could also just be skills or strategy.
Then ML should be the worse player when compared to WH?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Then ML should be the worse player when compared to WH?
For those particular matches, he lost, no doubt. But there were a lot of other matches that made that claim a bit dubious as an overall report of their relative statuses. Language obscures a lot of things. But head to head, I would argue that Wang Hao's backhand advantages, especially with the 40mm ball, matched up pretty well with Ma Long.