Help: Blade/rubber for son 11

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi, I wouldn’t recommend plastic wrap. It left crease marks/ stains on my rubber sheets and made them strangely grippy (in a bad way).

What kind of rubbers. If the plastic wrap is pressed evenly on a Tenergy sheet, that shouldn’t happen. Also, you need to store at room temp. If it was a Chinese tacky sheet, you would need non-sticky plastic sheets over the topsheets.

But either way, if plastic wrap left crease marks, it couldn’t have been pressed down on the topsheet properly. And if plastic wrap was put on a tacky sheet for long enough it would get stuck to the tacky.

You have to cover the glue on the sponge. You have to cover the topsheet. No air also means, no wrinkles. [emoji2]

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi, it happened to my mxp, there were a few creases. The rubber was left partly shiny, and partly matte. Very strange, never encountered anything like it. Now I use the cut-out nittaku sheets from tt11, they’re cheap and work great.

If you do that and nothing else and store the rubber for a few years, the sponge will still get damage from the oxygen so I am not sure you are realizing what we are talking about. TTDad has to store Tenergy for 12-24 months. If he stores it in a way that keeps oxygen away from the sponge and topsheet it will keep better for when his kid is ready to use it. If all he did was put protector sheets on the topsheet oxygen would still get at the sponge and cause the rubber molecules in the sponge to oxygenate and lose elasticity. The suggestion was wrap then store in a seal tight bag.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Well, here in Portugal, one of the best Juniors, a boy with 15 yo, only this year changed from Korbel to TB ALC, with tenergy.

He has been playing for 7 years now.

Another example, from the best young boys in Portugal, one of them is playing with Tibhar Force Pro with MXP, others with Donic Li Ping Kitex with Bluefire.

The best kids with 11 yo still use Korbel and Tenergy or MXP or Bluefire.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl, out of curiosity, what are you personally playing?

I have two main setups.

1) Tibhar/Nexy Kim Jung Hoon blade with Nexy Karis M on both sides.

2) OSP Virtuoso Plus with MXP FH and FXP BH.

Both are moderate speed and all wood.

I think I may switch the Evolution rubbers on V+ for T05 at some point. But I can pick up either setup and be totally fine.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Where is the mother in all this? She is important.

Somewhere, some cat is thinking of the TT boy's mother...

Cat cant wait.jpg

Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi, all I was trying to say is that plastic wrap damaged some of my topsheets. I think plastic wrap contains something called “elasticine “ (I’m not quite sure) it affected my top sheets in a negative way.

Okay. Did it make the topsheet grip less?

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
Quick update... new blade/rubbers arrived a couple of days ago (Nittaku Acoustic + Xiom Omega Pro)... he played his first competition yesterday and finished 2nd. He says he loves it, but that might just be the association with Ma Long (Thanks !).

As an aside, I tried the TB ALC while we were warming up together yesterday, good grief, even for someone as useless as me I could feel the difference, it felt more like hitting a rubber ball with a tennis bat.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Quick update... new blade/rubbers arrived a couple of days ago (Nittaku Acoustic + Xiom Omega Pro)... he played his first competition yesterday and finished 2nd. He says he loves it, but that might just be the association with Ma Long (Thanks !).

As an aside, I tried the TB ALC while we were warming up together yesterday, good grief, even for someone as useless as me I could feel the difference, it felt more like hitting a rubber ball with a tennis bat.

Awesome. I think that will be a good racket for him for a while.

This user has no status.
As you were all so helpful all these months ago, I'm posting an update, a positive one...

He's been using the Nittaku Acoustic since April with Xiom Vega Pro, moving from 2.0mm to max. His game has improved greatly, especially his touch, he can generate enormous amounts of topspin against the heaviest of my chops. That's the good news, the bad news is he's getting beaten by kids (albeit older ones) with more power and faster blades. Last night we got out the TB ALC for half an hour just for comparison, one thing he noticed straight away is it seemed lighter and easier to handle for a kid his age, in fact the Nittaku feels significantly heavier by comparison, that may be just the balance of the bat is different, i.e. it felt head-heavy.
Next steps, as mentioned earlier in the thread... I'll be putting some T05 on his Nittaku to see him through the next few months and then the TB ALC may be making an appearance in January.

Again, thanks for all the advice here guys, invaluable.

Reactions: yoass