Help with Speed of five Limba-Limba-X blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
How would you rank the speed of these blades? From reading the reviews I understood that they are all similar in speed but I can't narrow down the rankings. They all have Limba-Limba-X-Limba-Limba composition (X being Ayous, Abachi (Persson) or Tung (Acoustic)).

Waldner Senso V1, Appelgren Allplay, BTY Primorac, Persson Power Allround and Nittaku Acoustic

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Since I play Appelgren Allplay senso daily I will allow myself to put some comparisons.
Appelgren senso is faster than not senso (played with same rubbers)
Appelgren senso is about 95% speed of Donic Powerplay (played with older tenergy 05 and 729 something)
Appelgren senso is about 90% speed of Retturn OFF (played with older donic bluefire jp02)

Also I scrapped revspin.net (acquired all the data from it) and analyzed it. Long story short 40% of all blades rated are between 7 (10th percentile) and 8.5 (which is median) and 40% of blades is rated between 8.5 and 9.1 in terms of speed. So I would take those ratings with great pinch of salt.

Speed is very personal thing. Everyone perceives it marginally different. There is more to a blade then just composition. I think that both thickness of each layer and and weight do matter...

Last edited:
Reactions: Dream2K