Hinoki blades with Chinese rubbers?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Yeah, Loki did the same thing with the Rxton 3 blue - radically different topsheet and sponge, but given the same name as the regular rubber due to their common pimple architecture... but with the R3Blue, it also made it a better rubber.The R3 was always pretty good, but the R3 Blue is a cracker! 😎 Very fast, spinny, and tacky with a good short game, but just like the T3 you need to play it in heavily to see it at its best (..and, just like the R5, it's far superior in both performance and longevity to a stock-standard H3).
As we are already off-topic : Don't know if you noticed that Loki quietly and sneakingly also brought out a new RXTON V with blue sponge, which they claim to have imported from Europe.

The number remained the same, 158-007 but the sponges are blue AND you can only get the rubbers if you purchase a complete racket
the LOKI 7 Star.

www.aliexpress.com/item/4001245035400.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_groupList.8148356.7.4ef5143bWn9IjV&pdp_npi=2%40dis!NZD!NZ%24 88.17!NZ%24 53.47!!!!!%40210321c716751558765735609e19e4!12000023404735052!sh
H880f665f4fd44d48a53c81cc6a85c6fbk.jpg

First I was going to get a unit just to score thew rubbers then got tricked into buying a DINGTIAN blue sponge version.

Reactions: Wakkibatty
This user has no status.
As we are already off-topic : Don't know if you noticed that Loki quietly and sneakingly also brought out a new RXTON V with blue sponge, which they claim to have imported from Europe.

The number remained the same, 158-007 but the sponges are blue AND you can only get the rubbers if you purchase a complete racket
the LOKI 7 Star.

www.aliexpress.com/item/4001245035400.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_groupList.8148356.7.4ef5143bWn9IjV&pdp_npi=2%40dis!NZD!NZ%24 88.17!NZ%24 53.47!!!!!%40210321c716751558765735609e19e4!12000023404735052!sh
H880f665f4fd44d48a53c81cc6a85c6fbk.jpg

First I was going to get a unit just to score thew rubbers then got tricked into buying a DINGTIAN blue sponge version.
Wasn't aware of that, thanks for the heads up. IIRC, I think they did something similar with their Rxton 3 rubbers fitted to their own blades as well.

The LARC number staying the same makes sense, as apparently the ITTF only authorise the top sheet, not the sponge (or so I hear).

If that's correct, it means Loki can quite easily swap sponges to get a different performing rubber sheet, as well as change the formulation of the rubber used in the top sheet (which they have done numerous times now -- the Rxton 1 now also has a special version with an open-pored carbon sponge, not their usual cake sponge).

It seems so long as the pimple structure in a rubber remains unchanged there's no problem with these changes, and they don't need to issue another LARC.

...which tells me that logically, the ITTF don't really authorise the end result rubber per se -- what they really authorise is the rubber mould which the top-sheet comes from.

Last edited:
Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
I recently reglued my H3 rubbers (Neo 40 degrees OS on FH, Neo 37 degrees OS on BH) on my 7p-2a.7t and I have to say it is by far the most satisfying outcome when looping both FH and BH compared to any other setup I have used. Short Push game is also very controlled since the quite dead H3s counter the spring nature of this very fast Hinoki blade.

The only drawback I feel is that blocking fast and spinny shot of the opponents can sometimes be tricky since the catapult of the hinoki wood sometimes kicks in and the blocked balls sometimes fly out a bit unpredictable compared to my experiences with composite blades. Same goes for serving, but I think I can adapt to this with some training. Furthermore looping from the BH side from mid to far distance can be quite exhausting after some time since the 37 degree sponge just doesn't have enough energy transfer...this might change going 1-2 degrees higher on the BH side or trying out something else.

Nevertheless, looping with a Hinoki Blade is really a dream...Never generated as much Top- and Sidespin with any other combination I tried.

This user has no status.
Looking for opinions. Has anyone tried using One Ply Hinoki with the more modern harder tensor rubber? E.g., Tenergy 05 Hard, MX-P50, Rasenter R53, Donic M1Turbo. All these newer ESN tensor are in the 50 degree hardness range. What is your experience like?

My EJ symptoms are acting up again.

Must resist.... resistance is futile.
I have tried using Dignics 09c on my Darker Speed 90 and it's really nice. Still on the fence about whether to switch to D09c or stick with a heavily boosted Hurricane 3.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
I know this thread is somewhat old now but I wanted to add my two cents now that I've had some time to try different options.

I play traditional penhold style with a 1-ply 10.5mm kiso hinoki blade. I've tried Tenergy 05, Dignics 09c, and Hurricane 3 on it, and Hurricane is by far my favorite. The loops are incredible -- the dwell time of the wood, plus the dwell time of the rubber makes it feel like you can pick up the ball and throw it where you want it. The shots are incredibly spinny, too, and just as fast as Tenergy or Dignics if you brush the ball correctly. I HIGHLY recommend using Hurricane or Skyline on a hinoki blade.