How did you decide Chinese versus Tensor rubber on FH?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
you cant loop thin with chinese tacky rubber, you hit it flat and use the tackiness to really brush the ball
You can - everyone does things a little differently and describes what they are doing differently so without video, don't let this become semantic.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
^^^

Yes, you explain it better than me.

I need to add spin and swing a little more up rather than through. that is what we work on plus the fh service, which i am not comfortable with yet, but excited to learn.

If anyone has good link to shake hand forehand service videos I would appreciate it. Want to study the take back and elbow position, especially on the sidespin service. Having trouble finding anything.

Last edited:
^^^

Yes, you explain it better than me.

I need to add spin and swing a little more up rather than through. that is what we work on plus the fh service, which i am not comfortable with yet, but excited to learn.

If anyone has good link to shake hand forehand service videos I would appreciate it. Want to study the take back and elbow position, especially on the sidespin service. Having trouble finding anything.

Glad you got what I mean.

Just remember, to achieve 'add spin and swing a little more up', you have to start your body low and drop your arm (around knee level), it will allow you to really hit and brush the ball

There's no better video than Chinese National player demonstrating himself :)

Reactions: SpinWins
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Serves from the master: Werner Schlager:

Reactions: SpinWins
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
This is great, thank you. I will work on copying some of those.

the thing I am trying to remember is he show me a sidespin serve that has the blade come into the body instead of reverse pendulum. the elbow has to be out for the angle to work. it is a good serve but we only work on it for a few minutes.

this is now not a rubber discussion though so if i have questions ill make a topic in the technique area.

This user has no status.
Once I recover from this broken rib and my arms get back up to speed after beeing inflamed, ill post some thaughts in the reviewcenter on the Big Dipper boosted and unboosted.
Ill compare it to:
H3 neo boosted.
Rakza 9 boosted and unboosted and the Rakza 7 and 7s boosted and unboosted.
Ive experimented with changing the rubbers around on my two Bandas.
If I was to play a game today id choose the euro rubber setup just to feel safe. The big dipper has advantages in some areas but my personal opinion is that it needs help to get on par with the euro rubbers in other areas.

This user has no status.
Here is a difference in how the Big Dippers sponge reacts to paraffin vs the Rakza 7 sponge. (Both were snug fit cut before removed. Here boosted with 5 layers each.)

Big Dipper
f01772469352a2c803d9774d12cd561c.jpg

Rakza 7
ae47ec3b105cc4581c88e6a370ec90a9.jpg

Interesting note:
This time, both the Big Dipper and the Rakza 9 grew more horizontal than vertical. The Rakza 7 and 7s grew abouth the same on both axis.. :)

Here is a difference in how the Big Dippers sponge reacts to paraffin vs the Rakza 7 sponge. (Both were snug fit cut before removed. Here boosted with 5 layers each.)

WTF 5 layers??? plus it's paraffin lol... isnt that 'rubber equals destroyed' already?

This user has no status.
WTF 5 layers??? plus it's paraffin lol... isnt that 'rubber equals destroyed' already?

The rubbers dome a bit but not as much as others ive seen. :)

I always let one coat "dry" so you notice how it effects the rubber. This time it needed 5 coats.
3 seldome does the trick with this booster I use.