How to remove the glue from the rubber's sponge?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Does this Sueke glue really stick the rubber to the blade enough? I like the DHS 15 for everything but the thing it is supposed to do - stick a rubber to a blade. Other glues are a pain in the behind to remove from rubber but you don't have to worry about the rubber suddenly fly free during a game.
YES, Sueke 2 sticks better than DHS15.
I tested it using corner cutoffs of rubbers on an old blade and when after 12 hours waiting the rubber piece that had the Sueke2 glue on it stuck much stronger than the one with DHS 15.

It also stuck stronger than revo3

This user has no status.
I also used the BTY sh*te glue some years ago and destroyed every single Tenergy or Dignics sponge when trying to peel the glue off.. personal opinion: BTY knows it and yes, it's clearly deliberate from them to do nothing about it.

Tried to find a friendly glue and so far this is the best I have tried.

Attachments

• glue.JPG
    glue.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 48
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I also used the BTY sh*te glue some years ago and destroyed every single Tenergy or Dignics sponge when trying to peel the glue off.. personal opinion: BTY knows it and yes, it's clearly deliberate from them to do nothing about it.

Tried to find a friendly glue and so far this is the best I have tried.
i have gone through a litre of revo3.. I got the thickest version but ended up thinning it a little bit.
I did alright with revo3 but the Sueke glue is easier to apply, sticks better but peeling off the glue is great. It really comes off as a whole sheet not just bits.
Last but not least it cost half of what revo 3 does.

This user has no status.
i have gone through a litre of revo3.. I got the thickest version but ended up thinning it a little bit.
I did alright with revo3 but the Sueke glue is easier to apply, sticks better but peeling off the glue is great. It really comes off as a whole sheet not just bits.
Last but not least it cost half of what revo 3 does.
Good to know, maybe I'll try it. Cheers!

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Trying the ball method on a T05, don't know what glue was used here, was made up by Tees Sport in the UK.
Use paint thinner or booster on it. It will make the glue softer and you can remove it easier. Paint thinner is probably the best option since it evaporates quickly and it is more 'aggressive'. After let to rubber air for a few days so the nasty smell is gone.

On another note I have bought a bottle of Sueke No1 glue. I wonder if the difference is only in the bottle color.
I love the No2, best glue I ever touched so far but maybe the No1 is also as good but with slightly different properties.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
Use paint thinner or booster on it. It will make the glue softer and you can remove it easier. Paint thinner is probably the best option since it evaporates quickly and it is more 'aggressive'. After let to rubber air for a few days so the nasty smell is gone.

On another note I have bought a bottle of Sueke No1 glue. I wonder if the difference is only in the bottle color.
I love the No2, best glue I ever touched so far but maybe the No1 is also as good but with slightly different properties.
I tried acetone and the only change was it made it even more difficult to remove, kinda slippy. I'll try paint thinners when I remove the other rubber.

I used BTY Free Chack II to put one rubber on but have since bought Joola Lex glue as it states it's easy to remove.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I tried acetone and the only change was it made it even more difficult to remove, kinda slippy. I'll try paint thinners when I remove the other rubber.

I used BTY Free Chack II to put one rubber on but have since bought Joola Lex glue as it states it's easy to remove.
10EUR for 260ml, just use the BTY and Joola glues to fix your slippers or whatever. Don't damage your TT stuff.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I agree with an earlier answer. The revolution glue is great, very easy to remove. Like old speed glue on china rubbers.

says Feel the ball first.
says Feel the ball first.
Oct 2022
Here you need to worry more about not damaging the rubber by overheating. For me, this method works when there is a lot of glue and it is difficult to remove mechanically. In any other cases it is easier to clean mechanically.
You just take an old iron, or a new one, but so that your wife doesn’t see it :D, heat it up and carefully remove the old glue with the edge of the iron, like using a scraper. At the same time, the glue heats up, softens and is easily separated from the rubber. Yes, the rubber may heat up and even increase in size, but then it cools down and takes on its normal size, so you need to choose the minimum possible temperature and how to train your hands in any task.

How do you do it with an Iron? Any technique? I just imagine the glue sticking to the underside of the iron and ending up with two problems.
Please read Choosikick's post above

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
Please read Choosikick's post above
Thanks, I tried this with no success. I ended up using White Spirits but it was a really messy job. It kinda turns the glue into a wet mess so you still need to rub it off with something kinda carefully. It did do a better job than using a ball because the glue is less likely to tear the sponge.

Just don't use Butterfly glue is the conclusion everyone has already rightly landed on.

Last edited:
says EJ-Victim
says EJ-Victim
Sep 2023

Lol. All the trouble to use voc free glue and then acetone or thinner needed to remove it from the rubber 😂