DHS Hurricane 3 Neo. How durable it is and how does it play in humid/wet conditions?

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
I am thinking of trying this rubber out for forehand. Seems spinny. How durable it is and how does it play in wet and humid conditions, as during summer it is a regular circumstance in my training. I am planning to use it 3-4 times a week, each session around 2 hours.
Should I buy the 39° or 41° version?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I tried out my first sheet of H3N yesterday. Commercial H3N 39 degerees in black.

It performed okay, but is hardly tacky at all, to the point I am wondering if I have a faulty sheet. I did notice a bit late that the packaging was open, so maybe it oxidized or something.

The conditions I tested in was a heated training hall, so it wasn't cold nor humid.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I tried out my first sheet of H3N yesterday. Commercial H3N 39 degerees in black.

It performed okay, but is hardly tacky at all, to the point I am wondering if I have a faulty sheet. I did notice a bit late that the packaging was open, so maybe it oxidized or something.

The conditions I tested in was a heated training hall, so it wasn't cold nor humid.

You probably used the new H3. All new H3 including the special ones used by Ma Long are close to non tacky

Reactions: enoxzr
says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
My friend and I both use boosted provincial H3, about 6 hours a week. He changed his H3 once a year but I reckon his sheet should be changed every 6 months.

Humid condition affects H3 more than non tacky rubber such as D05. The ball tends to skid on H3. It's really annoying.
So the humid conditions does affect the rubber. Thanks for confirming! Is it really as spinny as most say?

Thank you for your input! That could be the case, no wonder as DHS has quite a bit of a unsatisfying quality control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
So the humid conditions does affect the rubber. Thanks for confirming! Is it really as spinny as most say?

Thank you for your input! That could be the case, no wonder as DHS has quite a bit of a unsatisfying quality control.

You are opening the pandora box. I've used almost all versions of H3, TG2 and TG3. I am also boosting.

When someone ask if H3 is as spinny as advertised, it just depends on too many factors:
  1. Are you talking about medium impact or high impact?
  2. Your technique
  3. Sponge degree
  4. Boosted vs non-boosted
  5. Orange sponge vs blue sponge
  6. Old vs new H3 topsheet
  7. To a lesser extent - commercial vs provincial vs national

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
You are opening the pandora box. I've used almost all versions of H3, TG2 and TG3. I am also boosting.

When someone ask if H3 is as spinny as advertised, it just depends on too many factors:
  1. Are you talking about medium impact or high impact?
  2. Your technique
  3. Sponge degree
  4. Boosted vs non-boosted
  5. Orange sponge vs blue sponge
  6. Old vs new H3 topsheet
  7. To a lesser extent - commercial vs provincial vs national
True, then let's say...

- high impact
- trying to use my full arm and have no problem doing so
- 39°
- unboosted
- orange sponge (presumably)
- I guess new?
- commercial

What would you say?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
True, then let's say...

- high impact
- trying to use my full arm and have no problem doing so
- 39°
- unboosted
- orange sponge (presumably)
- I guess new?
- commercial

What would you say?

It's among the most spinny rubbers. Assuming all factors identical, its spin is on par (if not more) than Butterfly D09C.

Reactions: ttarc
This user has no status.

They are known to take few sessions before they are fully functional