I Challenged The STRONGEST Ping Pong Hustler in New York!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey guys!

We are in New York, it's 2am, and I’m challenging New York’s best table tennis hustler Kiki. First to 11 points wins. Let’s see what happens!

Check out our latest Pro's vs Public $1000 Challenge when we took on the people of New York.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
One game is not enough to probe weaknesses. When Dan hit a high loop he smashed it back. Dan should have hit a lower heavy spin loop to force him into a rally or heavy low loop to BH to see if he can loop. There are many ways to win in TT but a pro should be able to find weaknesses in an amateur given enough time.

Reactions: kindof99
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have to be honest, Kiki is a nice guy. But he is not that high level of a player. He is not bad. He is playing with Pips on one side and Anti on the other. But...."How High Level Must This Guy Be?"....Come on. Be serious.

I have seen guys 1700 who are good at playing vs pips and anti beat him. I have seen guys around 1900-2000 destroy him. I have seen him play well against certain players who are 1900 level. But....come on....this is just you guys being silly.

NDH

says Spin to win!
Haha, love it.

To be fair to Dan, 99% of TTD content is authentic and really good quality - We can allow a bit of entertainment and clickbait once in a while......

For the avoidance of doubt to anyone who isn't too sure..... Dan is winning that match up 11-0 if he really wants to, and he'd know this from the minute he knocked up with him.

However, what's funny to me, is that you can see he had no thought of losing at all.... and at 9-10 down he did the obvious thing of long, topspin serve to the backhand, knowing he'd get a mildly backspinny (but long) shot back that he could kill...... and...... he misjudged it 😂

Could easily happen inside, but definitely more prone to it happening outside!

Kiki is going to be a hero for a while! 😁

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Haha, love it.

To be fair to Dan, 99% of TTD content is authentic and really good quality - We can allow a bit of entertainment and clickbait once in a while......

For the avoidance of doubt to anyone who isn't too sure..... Dan is winning that match up 11-0 if he really wants to, and he'd know this from the minute he knocked up with him.

However, what's funny to me, is that you can see he had no thought of losing at all.... and at 9-10 down he did the obvious thing of long, topspin serve to the backhand, knowing he'd get a mildly backspinny (but long) shot back that he could kill...... and...... he misjudged it 😂

Could easily happen inside, but definitely more prone to it happening outside!

Kiki is going to be a hero for a while! 😁

I agree with the having fun and entertainment part. I agree that in one point, anything can happen. One time, playing Michael Landers while Landers was giving me a lesson, he was messing around, having fun, we went to deuce, I got to ad, he said, "There is no way you are winning this game!" But, because it is one point, and every so often someone who is a mediocre player (like me 😁) can do something that wins a point. But, in reality, I cannot beat Michael Landers ever. :)

So, yeah, anything can happen in one point when you have messed around and not taken an opponent seriously....especially playing outdoors at night. But that does not change the fact that Kiki would do okay in U1800 & U1900, perhaps he could do okay in an U2000 tournament if the bracket does not have players who play solidly against pips (I am not sure how you get to 2000 without that but....) but it is worth knowing his actual level and not to pretend he is higher level than he is.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I agree with the having fun and entertainment part. I agree that in one point, anything can happen. One time, playing Michael Landers while Landers was giving me a lesson, he was messing around, having fun, we went to deuce, I got to ad, he said, "There is no way you are winning this game!" But, because it is one point, and every so often someone who is a mediocre player (like me 😁) can do something that wins a point. But, in reality, I cannot beat Michael Landers ever. :)

So, yeah, anything can happen in one point when you have messed around and not taken an opponent seriously....especially playing outdoors at night. But that does not change the fact that Kiki would do okay in U1800 & U1900, perhaps he could do okay in an U2000 tournament if the bracket does not have players who play solidly against pips (I am not sure how you get to 2000 without that but....) but it is worth knowing his actual level and not to pretend he is higher level than he is.
I have seen players get to 2300 without a solid pips game, it is all relative.

NDH

says Spin to win!

Oh, the whole 'vs Pips" thing is mind boggling.

I've seen players who would be *very* high in the rankings (2300+) but can't play against pips for love nor money.

They'd beat me comfortably 3-0, and then lose to someone I would beat with my eyes closed (pips player), because they just can't cope.

It happens quite a lot with Juniors, as they don't have the experience of playing pips, and I also see it with Europeans who play in the UK - Perhaps they just don't have many pips players in Europe!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have seen players get to 2300 without a solid pips game, it is all relative.

Fully agree. Perhaps I am wrong but I am basing what I am saying from having known Kiki and having seen him play many players both at Bryant Park and in a club. It is true that he could have gotten a lot better since the last time I saw him. But for the several years I knew him, his level stayed very stable and I am not sure if he does much play aside from outdoors at Bryant Park these days.

Oh, the whole 'vs Pips" thing is mind boggling.

I've seen players who would be *very* high in the rankings (2300+) but can't play against pips for love nor money.

They'd beat me comfortably 3-0, and then lose to someone I would beat with my eyes closed (pips player), because they just can't cope.

It happens quite a lot with Juniors, as they don't have the experience of playing pips, and I also see it with Europeans who play in the UK - Perhaps they just don't have many pips players in Europe!

Yeah, agree. I have known people who were really good who were not so good vs pips and just could not wrap their mind around how to approach playing someone with pips.

And it is fun to see Dan and the TTDaily crew playing at Bryant Park: definitely entertaining.

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Fully agree. Perhaps I am wrong but I am basing what I am saying from having known Kiki and having seen him play many players both at Bryant Park and in a club. It is true that he could have gotten a lot better since the last time I saw him. But for the several years I knew him, his level stayed very stable and I am not sure if he does much play aside from outdoors at Bryant Park these days.

Yeah, agree. I have known people who were really good who were not so good vs pips and just could not wrap their mind around how to approach playing someone with pips.

And it is fun to see Dan and the TTDaily crew playing at Bryant Park: definitely entertaining.
The fact the hustler uses unorthodox rubbers does explain a lot of what you see in the video and it goes unsaid lol. Definitely a hype job.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Like every older people here in Slovakia. You have to focus for the first hit from oponent. Generally play is flat fast serve then empty return (if they cut it somehow) and then spin and this around .... But you have stay focus.. Flat hits are the strongest weapon. Still i always lose, to much focus, no fun. Hate them

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Like every older people here in Slovakia. You have to focus for the first hit from oponent. Generally play is flat fast serve then empty return (if they cut it somehow) and then spin and this around .... But you have stay focus.. Flat hits are the strongest weapon. Still i always lose, to much focus, no fun. Hate them
Definitely not fun if you like to play fast topspin all the time, but I think once you learn to play slow and read the ball and adjust to the patterns, it becomes much easier than playing fast topspin just because it is slow.