Pros Vs New York Ping Pong Hustlers For $1000!

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
We are in New York and the rules are very simple. You beat us in a 1st to 5 points match then you win $1000 CASH! Featuring Pro Bundesliga player Louis Price, former England International Tom Maynard and British Premier League player Dan Ives! Let’s see what the New York public is made of!!!

We are in New York and the rules are very simple. You beat us in a 1st to 5 points match then you win $1000 CASH! Featuring Pro Bundesliga player Louis Price, former England International Tom Maynard and British Premier League player Dan Ives! Let’s see what the New York public is made of!!!

Is it over? Will you guys do it again? I want to go…

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

You shoulda gotten @UpSideDownCarl into the action, he knows most if not all the major hustlers there in that park...

Carl woulda brought the NYC GOON SQUAD into the action... but @Dan , you seemed to have assembled a pretty robust Goon Squad urself.

The last guy, the penhold guy with the dreds, his name is Keita and he calls himself Mandingo. He is a great guy. Very fun and funny as well. I have dragged him all over NY. And he has done the same with me. I have not seen him in a long time. But, he also does not really play to win. There are tons of people who are pretty darn now level who think they are pretty much the same level as him because he plays them in a way that makes them feel competitive and makes it so the score is always close.

One time, I saw him play a guy who was a loud mouth who claimed to be 2200. Probably this guy was legitimately 1500-1600, so, he wasn't bad. But they had been playing matches for months and one of them would win by 2 points or after deuce over and over. And this guy started saying how he really could beat Keita. So Keita decided to beat him badly. It was a game to 21 and and Keita held him under 5. The big talker had all sorts of excuses for why he got beat that badly. But....it was because Keita was enough better than him that he could win that way if he wanted. It was the only time I ever saw Keita mildly serious while playing.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am a little confused, there are TT tables set up for public use. It is a public park. So what is wrong that has warrant the NYPD's intervention? I cannot comprehend.

It actually is not a public park. It is a private park. Bryant Park is a private park. I think, if you want to film in the park, you need to get permission from the park director's office. If you want to put up banners to advertise in the park, same. I am not 100%. But I think that is the deal. And that is also why the police directed them to a public park that has tables.

If you notice, those are not the standard tables that you see outdoors at public parks where the table is there and it is not maintained or anything. These tables are actually maintained on a DAILY basis by the park employees. They have equipment (rackets and balls) for people who don't have their own to use. They have a park attendant who monitors the tables from 10am-6pm to insure that people rotate on the tables fairly and everyone gets equal time playing. If you sign up and play, you are given 10 minutes on the table and the park attendant will tell you when your time is up.

I think the park attendant let that go on for quite a while and then decided they needed help from the director who probably asked the police to move TTD and Ping Pod on. It looks to me like they got a tiny bit more than 10 min on that table. :) So, in fairness, the police were polite and the park attendant let it go for quite some time.

Perhaps it was at a time when things were slower at the park so they could let it go for longer.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
You shoulda gotten @UpSideDownCarl into the action, he knows most if not all the major hustlers there in that park...

Carl woulda brought the NYC GOON SQUAD into the action... but @Dan , you seemed to have assembled a pretty robust Goon Squad urself.
The key is to play against the general public, not the real table tennis nerds

Last edited: