I finally decided on a paddle I can stick with!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Tibhar Stratus Power Wood
Tibhar K3 (fh)
Tibhar EL-D (bh)

I played my best games tonight in months with this combo!
Lol! Please read my past posts. I am a big fan of Tibhar Stratus Power Wood! I own like six of them.

Do not change your blade too much or your equipment too much. You need to get used to it.

When it is time for you to upgrade and you want something faster, I would recommend Tibhar Fortino Performance. It is an inner carbon. It is affordable. When you upgrade it from Tibhar Stratus Power Wood to Fortino Performance, eventually, the transition should be very smooth.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Read 1 reviews
Lol! Please read my past posts. I am a big fan of Tibhar Stratus Power Wood! I own like six of them.

Do not change your blade too much or your equipment too much. You need to get used to it.

When it is time for you to upgrade and you want something faster, I would recommend Tibhar Fortino Performance. It is an inner carbon. It is affordable. When you upgrade it from Tibhar Stratus Power Wood to Fortino Performance, eventually, the transition should be very smooth.
I have the Fortino Performance blade. I will keep it on stand-bye, for when I'm ready for an upgrade.

Reactions: IB66 and JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023

I finally decided on a paddle I can stick with!!!​

Yeah right, I got about 7 like that 😂
I feel like I can go back and forth between Gambler Blackout and Vector Speed blades. Backhand, I can go in between Rakza 7 soft, Rakza X soft, C-1, Vega Europe and Vega Asia. Forehand has to be hurricane. For me, that's about five blades I can go in between I guess?

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
I played my best games tonight in months with this combo!

Based on one night only?

I have seen few forum members here that wrote that they have found the holy grail and then had change of heart within few months (even within few weeks).

I am guilty as well. Let me tell you my experience. Play my best games for months using one set-up (I definitely thought that I have found my holy grail) and then one day I played very bad (not sure why) and I have already questioned my decision of using that set up for good.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

My advice is keep using your set up for definite amount of time and you will see that it is your techniques that matter the most, especially if you have been very familiar with your set up. You have finally decided on your set up now, so don't change it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Based on one night only?

I have seen few forum members here that wrote that they have found the holy grail and then had change of heart within few months (even within few weeks).

I am guilty as well. Let me tell you my experience. Play my best games for months using one set-up (I definitely thought that I have found my holy grail) and then one day I played very bad (not sure why) and I have already questioned my decision of using that set up for good.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

My advice is keep using your set up for definite amount of time and you will see that it is your techniques that matter the most, especially if you have been very familiar with your set up. You have finally decided on your set up now, so don't change it.
I would not downplay the importance of one night! Lol! :) :)

So I was struggling with backhand loop for a while. I was using G-1 before, max sponge. One day I decided to pull out an old rubber, well still in its original packaging of 2.0mm C-1 and stuck it on my backhand. All of the sudden, push, block and loop became much easier. I could also stay far away from the table and fish the ball back. In other words, both my defense and my offense on the backhand side got better. Something just clicked on my mind that 2.0mm sponge might be the way to go right now. I then switched one of my other blade backhand rubber from max sponge Rakza X soft to 2.0mm Rakza 7 soft and found that my backhand became much more lively.

Now, my backhand can use either C-1 and Rakza 7 soft interchangeably without a drop in my playing level.

I think sometimes when you find something that clicks, it just feels right.

However of course, that did not stop me from EJ'ing still and I went through Palio CJ8000, AK-47 blue, Victas >15 Limber, Gewo 43, Rasanter 47 (green! I had to get the green rubber) and finally I found that Xiom Vega Asia seems to work just fine too.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33