I need help with my blade

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The Timo Boll Spirit blade by BTY is one of the most balanced blades ever made by anyone. Great balance of control and speed/spin. This blade can accept many different rubbers just fine. It is reasonably priced for a top blade, but it is not inexpensive. You would like that with a number of rubbers, too many to list. There is always arguement wit hard vs soft sponged rubber.

You keep your Srivers and play for a while then change them to something you may like, perhaps Tibhar Aurus or the softer version of Aurus. Simply a great modern post speed glue era rubber that has great control and speed/spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Hello Yakisoba
We have the same gear (almost). I also play with a Stiga Active Master with a Sriver L on FH my BH is Super Anti. I have been using my blade for more than 4 months now and I am satisfied with its performance. I see that you seem to be leaning toward a blade with better speed. My alternate blade is a Stiga S-3000 with very similar play to Stiga Active but play a lot more faster. The S-3000 is also about the same price as Stiga Active. Both blades are very good wooden blades (in my opinion). Since you are familiar with Stiga Active, then maybe you can try S-3000, available in Manila. I have another wooden blade 729 Bomb, it cost just about the same as the 2 Stigas but I think is a wee bit faster then S-3000 and also feels different.

As for the Srivers, I love their control and would like to use them FH and BH but so damn expensive. I play down south, near Davao City. Hope this helps. God bless

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Thank you everyone! @Knuckle I'm planning to buy a long term blade which will be my official blade i'm planning to buy now tbs or gergely alpha( I once used my teammates gergely and it felt really great).

i have all the Gergely blades except for the allwood gergely (original model), its a fast blade and better suited for hitting rather than looping, short game is ok if you have decent technique, gergely is my second blade way back in 91' it goes well with srivers and Mark V but i think TBS and MMaze offers better control and the power difference is not that great, nonetheless gergely is a good blade, the alpha plays the same as the old gergely and the only difference is the weight, the alpha is by about 5-7 grams based on the blades that i have, but the alpha has this ridiculous high price for something that plays like the old model, thats just crazy, for the price i would rather buy ALC or TBS or even the old model gergely

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
TBS, even for a newer player, is still an excellent choice of blade, assuming the newer player is getting some coaching. I use the TBS myself for a few years as my preferred blade, even if I test many others. There is something to the heavy, solid, stiff feel of the blade when blocking. You can active block or passive block with good control using a rubber like your Srivers. The speed is not rediculous fast, just medium fast. It has nice feel (at least for me) and hte ability to loop, block and hit. The blade is a keeper. it isn't the only outstanding blade in hte world. There are many, yet the TBS is easily a special blade you can use for your TT carreer.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Try the Innerforce ZLF. This blade feels better than any other blade I have felt from Butterfly. All the blades mentioned though are really quite good. For something really good and much less expensive the Avalox P-700 and the Stiga Clipper are also great blades with a lot of control and really good speed. Those are very comparable to the high tech Butterfly blades.

You forgot information about thickness of your rubbers.It is important.From your description I understood that you prefer
allround game,which needs control,spin and speed well balanced.Stiga allround classic blade is best,with reasonable price.
I don't suggest You to use max. rubbers,they are not suitable for ,not too much experienced players.To achieve good technical
skills 1,5-1,8 thickness is enough.Practice makes master.
You never walk alone.Only tt players have fun.With complements Wojciech.

says Hi I am a Table tennis player in the Philippines. Im...
says Hi I am a Table tennis player in the Philippines. Im...
Dec 2010
For a beginner, Dont use Sriver.Try using Beginner rubbers like cheap ones.Then when you consider yourself "good", you can buy more advanced rubbers.Because if you buy advanced rubbers when your a beginner , You will have a tough time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
I'm not that beginner as you think I am i've already been playing for almost 5 years but not that often because of other hobbies and of course studies. I just really needed to change my blade because after playing with it for 2 years I just feel that it needs more speed. and for the filipino guys i'm playing at the north maybe you know the level of playing here compared to with central Luzon, i had a friend whose been playing for ateneo for the last 2 years so i have an idea how players in manila play.