I'm currently in full EJ mode. What other rubbers should I try?

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
I have had my go at a stiffer yet soft Hinoki blade similar to the Strato in the Garaydia ZLC. I discovered that the stiff Hinoki is great for attacking and blocking but when it comes to looping slow underspin balls, for me a more flexible blade works better. My current blade is the Long 5 Light which has what Sergio from SDC blades calls Ay-C fiber which is more flexible than ALC or Aramid Carbon. Amazing control with good speed. The other type of blade I need to try out is a 45 degree carbon outer and another Hinoki carbon but one that is more flexible.
If you like Strato, you should consider the little brother Ignito

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I've tried a few hybrids (Rakza Z Extra Hard, Dignics 09C, Xiom Vega China, Xiom Tau, and Stiga one that I forget the name). The only one I liked was Xiom Vega China. The others were just too hard. If was going to go that route, I'd just get H3 provincial and boost it. I did actually try H3 (many variations) for a year and decided I play better with European rubbers.

I've almost tried every single hybrid. K2 is very close to provincial H3.

D09C reacts really well to Haifu booster. You can put a few layers on D09C and make it a bit softer. Out of all the hybrid I must say D09C is the best in terms of performance and durability.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I've been down that road a few times. I've found that I prefer carbon hinoki blades that that are on the stiffer side. The soft feeling of the hinoki outer ply balances out the stiffness. That wood/carbon combination has a springy feel. I understand how it is going to work and it suits my game. I've even went as far as trying many different kinds of carbon and differently quantities of plies, 5 ply, 7 ply, etc.. Inner carbon, outer carbon, even a bunch of different kinds of carbon. I'm pretty set on the Xiom Strato. You are definitely correct about the blade, it can surely make or break your game. I purchased an FZD ALC awhile back. I was terrible with that. It seemed like it was going to work out okay at first, but I got worse every day I played with that thing. I just could not get my stokes in a grove.

Have you tried Nittaku Baltec Inner? The top ply spruce wood feels really really good like Hinoki. I used to play 10mm hinoki and I know the feeling. My Baltec Inner gives me the best feel out of all my carbon blades (W968 old and new, FZD ALC, Viscaria, Taksim, Dynasty carbon). Its feel is only second to my 10mm Darker Speed 90.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
You should definitely try to play with long pimples. This will bring a completely different facets to the game. Only if you try to play with yourself in the gym, do not take other rackets with smooth rubbers, so that you do not succumb to the first emotion of throwing a racket with pimples out the window :)
Take classic pimples, for example, I like Curl P1.
In fact, playing with a racket with long pimples for me, an attacking player with two smooth rubbers, revealed a lot - in a sense, it gave me back the feeling of childhood, when the guys and I played on the iron table behind the school, where there were a lot of long rallies to hold the ball, I also now understand the game of defenders much better and I myself began to play better with smooth rubbers, especially in the third zone. In the game with long pimples, there are a lot of bright long rallies and reinforced concrete self-confidence appears - that feeling that you simply cannot miss the ball on the table and this feeling, in my opinion, persists with further playing with smooth rubbers. After playing with long pimples, you begin to especially appreciate the smooth grippy rubber on the backhand and understand what things you can do with it, because in fact everything is known in comparison

I've tried long pimples before, it wasn't for me. I just didn't see the fun in long pimples. It kind of took the joy out of playing. I actually played short pimple on my forehand for about 4 years when I first started getting into table tennis. Sometimes I think about going back to that, but I feel like I'm better off with inverted rubber. I still have a whole box of short pimple rubbers and there even a few attacking medium pimples in there. If I was going to try long pimples again, what do you recommend?

Last edited:
Also, I took my MX-P off and applied single layer of Seamoon. That's quite a reaction off of a single layer of booster. EL-D did not dome that much.
IMG_20230713_203334.jpg

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Also, I took my MX-P off and applied single layer of Seamoon. That's quite a reaction off of a single layer of booster. EL-D did not dome that much. View attachment 25866
You don't need booster for Mxp! it runs perfectly fine on its own since its a tensor rubber. thats gonna be one fast rubber

Replying to ur starting question, i research rubbers wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much to just give you one to buy, so ill give u one that i kinda want a review on

U should try the Victas triple double extra, and the Tibhar hybrid MK

You don't need booster for Mxp! it runs perfectly fine on its own since its a tensor rubber. thats gonna be one fast rubber

Replying to ur starting question, i research rubbers wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much to just give you one to buy, so ill give u one that i kinda want a review on

U should try the Victas triple double extra, and the Tibhar hybrid MK
Im not really into hybrid rubbers. I've tried quite a few. The only one that I liked was Xiom Vega China and I think that one is much closer to a European rubber than a Chinese rubber. I haven't been that impressed with MX-P to be honest. It's pretty spinny, but EL-D suits me better on both wings. EL-D is way more explosive. Hopefully the MX-P will be more catapulty after boosting and the sponge softens up a bit.

After the MX-P fail, I purchased a sheet of Tenergy 19. I played 1 session with it. Initial impressions are very good. It is not like the other rubbers in the Tenergy series and I have no idea how to describe it after only one session. It just feels different. I will follow up with more information as I figure it out. So far, I really like it on the forehand side. The spin seems to be very high and I felt like I couldn't miss the table. Very promising.

Reactions: JJ Ng and Lazer