Is there a very spinny rubber with good control?

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
Usually the spin is also dependent on the flexibility and hardness of the blade. If a blade is rather flexible and/or soft, you will have a greater dwell-time, allowing you to make spin a little easier. A blade rather stiff and/or hard has lower dwell-time, making it a bit harder to make good spin. Of course, everything is about the technique. You can have the flexiest blade and the spinniest rubber ever if you don't have the technique, you won't have the spin you are looking for or you can have the stiffest blade ever, and you might still be able to produce good spin.
I guess you might want to put more wrist and body rotation into your shots. A brushing motion on its own is not enough, you have to brush with speed to get the good spin.

On the other hand, some examples for spinny rubber could be the aforementioned H3, Tenergy 19, Dignics09C, Rakza Z, but also your Rakza 7 is a good choice, too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I don't know your blade specifically, but it doesn't seem to be unspinny for any good reason. So if you want more spin, I don't think your blade is a real problem. Of course a lot of people choose the limba- inner alc construction blade for spin.

But H3 is well known for control and spin. If you plan on boosting, which you should, just the regular H3 would be fine and slightly cheaper.

If you don't want to boost, then maybe H3 Neo, of something like Loki Arthur China might be good.

says [IMG]
Heavy topspin comes with proper technique. If you don't have the technique to fully optimize the spin capabilities of an high end rubber, it doesn't make sense using it.
Furthermore, in many cases, level of spin works both ways: rubbers with high spin capabilities are also more sensitive for incoming spin. And that can be translated as: harder to control.

If you are still developing your techniques, Rakza 7 is a decent choice.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Is there a super spinny rubber with decent control? I don't think I can generate the spin needed.
Also, how much does a blade have to do with spin?
Donic Baracuda.

Remember its marketing tag line is " The rubber with vicious spin "

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Is there a super spinny rubber with decent control? I don't think I can generate the spin needed.
Also, how much does a blade have to do with spin?
Hi! Yes, H3 regular, H3 neo, H3 Skyline, etc. they are all super spinny rubber with decent control.

Also some people find it hard to transition from ESN rubber such as Rakza 7 to Hurricane. If that's the case, I would recommend a black sheet of Sanwei Target National and play with that for a while and see if you like it, then move to hurricane.

Blade has A LOT to do with spin. Fast carbon blades....the ball just shoots out. 5-ply wood is best to figure out to generate spin. Then move on to 7-ply wood, then inner carbon blades then finally outer carbon blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
You don't have to try H3 neo necessarily. H3 regular works just fine. Maybe 37 degree will be easier for you to start with than 39 degree or 40 degree. But like I said on the other post, I would recommend Sanwai Target National if you have not tried Chinese rubber before. STN is a bit like a hybrid rubber so you can test that out first before transition from Rakza 7 to Hurricane.