• Not to sure

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • It might have a good effect

Votes: 4 6.2%

• Total voters

This user has no status.
B

This user has no status.
My view regarding changing the ball and net size can only bring the sport into a further decline. If these changes are made we will not see the game anymore as we know, it will become a boring pushing fiasco. The ITTF have made so many bad rule changes recently and these changes will only do the sport more harm.Also there will be a lot of extra expense we the players will have to meet ie new robots,nets and balls. I would like to hear from the ITTF how on earth they think these changes will help to improve the sport. The only change we need badly is a new ITTF and a new President.

Barry Meisel Table Tennis Facebook

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
One think to take in mind.... The CELULOID is a Banned material!! is prohibit at many countries.... then the ball need to change some how!! I bought a 44mm ball from Nittaku it is a pvc ball and his bounce is not very good!! Personally I dont like it! 42mm is better than 44mm for shure.... the net for 44mm ball is 17.25mm. For 42mm ball it should be 16.25mm at least. Well will see what happen!!
In the other way we have the robots... the head is 38mm and 40mm..... if the ball change in size all company in the world will need to do new head for is robots that are in ours clubs.... homes, etc. Is a bussines ahead for they and we need to spend more money to put ours robots back in service.... need Post and Nets to!! more money to spend.
Our sport become more and more expensive every time.... looks like it will soon be a not a massive sport to convert an elite sport!!

Will see.!!

TTPanam

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
One think to take in mind.... The CELULOID is a Banned material!! is prohibit at many countries.... then the ball need to change some how!! I bought a 44mm ball from Nittaku it is a pvc ball and his bounce is not very good!! Personally I dont like it! 42mm is better than 44mm for shure.... the net for 44mm ball is 17.25mm. For 42mm ball it should be 16.25mm at least. Well will see what happen!!
In the other way we have the robots... the head is 38mm and 40mm..... if the ball change in size all company in the world will need to do new head for is robots that are in ours clubs.... homes, etc. Is a bussines ahead for they and we need to spend more money to put ours robots back in service.... need Post and Nets to!! more money to spend.
Our sport become more and more expensive every time.... looks like it will soon be a not a massive sport to convert an elite sport!!

Will see.!!

TTPanam

Okay, I heard that they are doing away with the table. That they are going to make the rackets bigger and have strings on the racket to make the ball go faster. And they are going to make the ball a lot bigger and it will have a wooly surface.

No, for real, this post was originally a joke. They are not raising the net or changing the ball size in a real way. They do have to change the material, but that is because of how many countries have banned the use of celluloid. As a result the ball will be an almost unnoticeable amount larger. It is really that they have restricted the parameters between that will be acceptable as a ball. But you guys really should just read the whole thread rather than responding to the joke part that was intended to rile people.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Okay, I heard that they are doing away with the table. That they are going to make the rackets bigger and have strings on the racket to make the ball go faster. And they are going to make the ball a lot bigger and it will have a wooly surface.

No, for real, this post was originally a joke. They are not raising the net or changing the ball size in a real way. They do have to change the material, but that is because of how many countries have banned the use of celluloid. As a result the ball will be an almost unnoticeable amount larger. It is really that they have restricted the parameters between that will be acceptable as a ball. But you guys really should just read the whole thread rather than responding to the joke part that was intended to rile people.

Exactly sir Carl, they just modified the size threshold so all TT ball after 2012 will have a minimum of 40mm diameter.
Oh and actually all celluloid ball is still 'legal' to be used after the so called ban :)