ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Terrible draw, a reminder that seeding usually has consequences. Japan would have lost to Taipei had they foreseen this result lol. Better to face Germany than go through this,.
yep

this example has come up very often, since they don't hold seeding to "2nd lot of seeds" for drawing.
its all based on luck nowadays.
Weaker player can draw to weaker player, while the two strong ones face it other.

Japan is the 5th seed and it isn't protected and they ended worse than 6~8 seed.
This non protection makes its heavy on one side too, and light on the other.

Sweden 6th seed
Slovenia 7th
Portugal 8th

well, i'm happy for TPE haha

• Haha
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The American team paid for using chinese equipment. Americans, can you stop putting up with this? It's time to start producing your own inventory!
I think your post is unwarranted for.

Many players who end up on the infraction list do also use non Chinese equipment

IE Alexis Lebrun (Tibhar)
Bruna (Victas)

The last bit of that video when the KAZ player was speaking to the umpire.
The umpire made body language kind of indicating thickness issue.
So, i'm assuming it is thickness

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Definitely the detail that we all want to know....curious stuff
This most probably happened: US player very late to call area, no time for pre test. This tends to happen when the player want to train/warm up with his #1 racket as long as possible. This is allowed. But: Then it is "after match" by default. You can see right after the match that he automatically hands the racket to the AU - and it goes into the envelope again. The player 3 normally never give the racket to the umpire - as he has no more matches. So he knew that it was going to be an after match. Rather a gamble to be late for racket test... "Before" you get an infringement recorded on you, but you can still test another racket and use it. With "after match" you lose the match if you fail...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
This most probably happened: US player very late to call area, no time for pre test. This tends to happen when the player want to train/warm up with his #1 racket as long as possible. This is allowed. But: Then it is "after match" by default. You can see right after the match that he automatically hands the racket to the AU - and it goes into the envelope again. The player 3 normally never give the racket to the umpire - as he has no more matches. So he knew that it was going to be an after match. Rather a gamble to be late for racket test... "Before" you get an infringement recorded on you, but you can still test another racket and use it. With "after match" you lose the match if you fail...
the amount of players with thickness, is mostly 99% on the infraction list, i do wonder why, they don't test they own thickness.

I would if I was the team coach

I recall there was one event where I player had 2 infractions for thickness on the same match.... it is crazy

Reactions: jbvttcc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
the amount of players with thickness, is mostly 99% on the infraction list, i do wonder why, they don't test they own thickness.

I would if I was the team coach

I recall there was one event where I player had 2 infractions for thickness on the same match.... it is crazy
There is a "Ma Long packing suitcase" video somewhere, where he has his DHS thickness/flatness electronic gauge kit together with his socks and boxers. So he (and the CNT) has perfect results for the test close to always. But the only thing you have to do is to be in time in the call area!

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
The American team paid for using chinese equipment. Americans, can you stop putting up with this? It's time to start producing your own inventory!
US politicians after WTTC 2024:
US athletes should be barred from using Chinese rubbers, blades, balls, nets, tables, garment etc. as they post a serious threat to national security... LOL

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
There is a "Ma Long packing suitcase" video somewhere, where he has his DHS thickness/flatness electronic gauge kit together with his socks and boxers. So he (and the CNT) has perfect results for the test close to always. But the only thing you have to do is to be in time in the call area!
yep, it is easy to buy one of those equipment
it is a retail item on DHS pricelist

well, i hope there is an answer from ITTF on what transcribe earlier

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
US politicians after WTTC 2024:
US athletes should be barred from using Chinese rubbers, blades, balls, nets, tables, garment etc. as they post a serious threat to national security... LOL
when questioning USATT

Congress: how many people do you represent
USATT: 9000
Congress: meeting adjourned

• Haha
Reactions: jbvttcc and zeio
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
It seems like the US KAZ livestream is nowhere to be found
If you are in a region outside the USA, then it is on youtube unless someone (like in the USA, ESPN or NBC) has the broadcasting rights since it is an Olympic qualifier of sorts. If you use a VPN set to Canada, you will see the video on youtube.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
If you are in a region outside the USA, then it is on youtube unless someone (like in the USA, ESPN or NBC) has the broadcasting rights since it is an Olympic qualifier of sorts. If you use a VPN set to Canada, you will see the video on youtube.
that makes sense. I’m in the US.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
yep, it is easy to buy one of those equipment
it is a retail item on DHS pricelist

well, i hope there is an answer from ITTF on what transcribe earlier
So failing on flatness or thickness demonstrates an astonishing lack of attention to detail / professionalism. . .
Unless it passed when he measured it himself, but somehow the sponge expanded (further) between his pre warm up self test and the post game test😪

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
So failing on flatness or thickness demonstrates an astonishing lack of attention to detail / professionalism. . .
Unless it passed when he measured it himself, but somehow the sponge expanded (further) between his pre warm up self test and the post game test😪
a lot of players fall on thickness
now and then you will see a voc failure, but it is most thickness

I am not surprised if many of those that failed does not test it themselves.

How I came to know of the infraction list?
I once received a phone call from one of the pro team head coaches, who also serves on the Chinese Taipei national body and he asked me to help translate some documents sent from ITTF to him, which had a lot of TPE players on the infraction list for thickness lol.
Afterwards, I didn't see any more TPE players getting on. As of right now, still one player that hasn't "expired" yet.
So I know that from TPE side, they being a lot more careful about it.

flatness would normally be sanding of the blade.
that will be easy to spot if you remove the rubber.

Jan 2018
Terrible draw, a reminder that seeding usually has consequences. Japan would have lost to Taipei had they foreseen this result lol. Better to face Germany than go through this,.
Turns out Tasei isn't just poor at calling TO...

Togami vs LSS
Textbook example of losing a totally winnable match. Could've finished it in 3 games. While Togami has himself to blame, but if Togami does end up losing, Tasei will have a big part in it. His timing of TO is still horrible, even years later. As the head coach of the men's team, the future is gloom when players rely on him for guidance.

Assuming CHN (confirmed), GER, KOR (confirmed), FRA (confirmed), JPN, SWE, BRA, and POR (confirmed) all finish 1st in group:
MT QF
CHN
JPN/SWE/BRA/POR
JPN/SWE/BRA/PORSLO
KOR/FRA
KOR/FRA
JPN/SWE/BRA/POR
JPN/SWE/BRA/POR
GER

LYJ: 小不忍則亂大謀/Great plans can be ruined by just a touch of impatience
82xwY6p.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Turns out Tasei isn't just poor at calling TO...

LYJ: 小不忍則亂大謀/Great plans can be ruined by just a touch of impatience
82xwY6p.jpg
While much more winnable is a draw vs Germany etc., this more clearly relieves the pressure of failure. No one really cares if you lose 0-3 vs China - TB will still have his day. :D.