ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

This user has no status.
The difference between CNT investment and normal countries lol. For CNT, even past coaches are available in various capacities for pep talk in stressful situations lol!
And that's only the men side. I have seen Yoshimura Maharu in the crowd cheering for Japan so they must have taken a few practice partners with them too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The difference between CNT investment and normal countries lol. For CNT, even past coaches are available in various capacities for pep talk in stressful situations lol!
and Lin Yunju's mom had to go to fine lengths to get "just 1 more" TPE contingent pass for Durban 2023.

while China, every brother and sister, I mean, 30 practice partners, all can get (the practice partner group was bigger than TPE's group)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
and Lin Yunju's mom had to go to fine lengths to get "just 1 more" TPE contingent pass for Durban 2023.

while China, every brother and sister, I mean, 30 practice partners, all can get (the practice partner group was bigger than TPE's group)
TPE has to buy stock in DHS. That is the only way.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
I have seen LSD, ZQH and Xue Fei in practice videos. Xu Xin was in Busan too.
Even Liu Shiwen was there dressed in the Chairman esque attire.
I think they were integrated into official/ promotional capacities in 2022. I'm seeing a trend of all champions of the team having some role in the team after they retire, sorta like a stake in the team too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Well, as long as the reserve player is not gonna participate, then LSD can be chosen.

But there's always a possibility that ML gets injured or somebody has a knee strain so I think LJK will get it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I think they were integrated into official/ promotional capacities in 2022. I'm seeing a trend of all champions of the team having some role in the team after they retire, sorta like a stake in the team too.
Xu Xin is on the ATTU
LSW is ITTF athlete rep
They are both there in they own "working" capacity.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
LSW and LGL have ITTF/WTT roles so I suspect there is some choice about level of involvement.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
2024 ITTF Annual General Meeting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcm4k77itdQ

ITTF AGM and ITTF Council 2024
https://www.ittf.com/ittf-agm-2024/

ITTF Executive Board Announces Key Decisions During Busan 2024 Summit
https://www.ittf.com/2024/02/27/itt...unces-key-decisions-during-busan-2024-summit/
In a significant move towards ensuring fairness and equal opportunities across all continents in the realm of table tennis, the ITTF Executive Board has approved a crucial proposition regarding the incorporation of continental events in player rankings.

Currently, according to the ITTF Table Tennis World Ranking Regulations, a player’s ranking is based on their best eight non-expired results, with the provision of only one Continental/Regional event counting at any given time. Under the proposed change, Continental Championships, Continental Games, and Continental Cups will maintain their ranking impact for an additional twenty-six weeks if a continent hosts fewer than two such events in the ranking cycle.

This proactive measure underscores the ITTF’s steadfast commitment to fostering fairness within the global table tennis community, further solidifying its reputation as a champion of equitable competition. For further information, please consult the ITTF Table Tennis World Ranking Regulations available here.

Furthermore, the Board endorsed the implementation of the Table Tennis Review (TTR) system at the ITTF World Championships Finals 2025. A trial period will now begin shortly. Designed to enhance the adjudication process, the utilization of advanced technology through TTR will facilitate more accurate application of existing Laws and Regulations. TTR will provide instantaneous replays of circumstances pertinent to a disputed decision, thereby empowering video match officials to review and potentially overturn rulings based on concrete evidence.

https://weibo.com/7360795486/O2z85rGeV
草莓牛奶特别甜
14分钟前
来自 微博网页版
国际乒联执行董事会通过重要决定
【关于将各大洲赛事纳入球员排名】
目前,根据国际乒联乒乓球世界排名规则,球员的排名基于其最好的八次非过期成绩,并规定在排名周期只计算一次洲级/地区赛事。根据提议,如果一个大洲在排名周期内举办的洲级锦标赛、洲级运动会和洲级杯赛少于两项,则其赛事排名积分将延长26周。
【2025年世乒赛实施乒乓球回放系统(鹰眼)】
董事会还批准在2025年国际乒联世界乒乓球锦标赛决赛上实施乒乓球回放系统(鹰眼)。鹰眼系统旨在加强裁决过程,利用先进技术将有助于更准确地应用现行规则。鹰眼系统将提供与有争议裁决相关的即时影像回放,从而使比赛视频官员能够根据具体证据审查并可能推翻裁决。
【2025年国际乒联世界乒乓球锦标赛决赛和峰会将于5月在卡塔尔多哈举行】
ITTF Executive Committee passes important decisions
[About incorporating various continental competitions into player rankings]
Currently, according to the ITTF table tennis world ranking rules, players are ranked based on their eight best non-expired results, and it is stipulated that only one continental/regional event will be counted in the ranking cycle. According to the proposal, if a continent hosts less than two continental championships, continental games and continental cups during the ranking cycle, its event ranking points will be extended by 26 weeks.
[Implementing table tennis review system at the WTTC 2025 (Hawkeye)]
The Board also approved the implementation of a table tennis replay system (Hawkeye) at the ITTF WTTC Finals 2025. The Hawkeye system is designed to enhance the umpiring process, utilizing advanced technology that will help more accurately apply existing rules. The Hawkeye system will provide instant video replays related to controversial decisions, allowing match video officials to review and potentially overturn decisions based on specific evidence.
[The ITTF WTTC Finals 2025 and Summit will be held in Doha, Qatar in May]

Last edited:
Jan 2018
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/wtt-star-contender-doha-2024.32659/post-439692
We've already seen that happen many times in the Paris 2024 cycle (2021/8/15-). Ni Xia Lian, Doo Hoi Kem, Yuan Jia Nan, Szocs, Hirano, Samara, Han Ying and Kihara have all benefited from the bo5 format. The "deviation" is even more pronounced for the men. LSS scored his first win against FZD after 14 straight losses, 13 of which happened before this cycle. LSS got a total of 3 games out of the first 12 matches (10/2013-11/2019) and in this cycle he's already gotten 5 games out of 4 matches (4-12/2023). The fact that Hayata is (still) not part of that club after 2.42 years could be an indication that the way she had played thus far did not maximize her good luck, as suggested in the paper.
She finally got it. Hayata on key to beating CM - by playing disgusting table tennis, inspired by Team India.

どんな取り方でも1点は1点。中国に勝つために早田ひなが考えた「気持ち悪い卓球」とは?
https://world-tt.com/blog/news/archives/166022
その会見で早田が語った、陳夢戦の勝利のひとつの理由。「ベンチから見た(伊藤)美誠とかならわかるかもしれないけど、本当に気持ち悪い試合というか、とにかく気持ち悪くして、相手に強打させない。そして粘り続けるのが、今日の勝つ卓球だった」。「気持ち悪い試合?」。深夜で少し頭がグラグラしていたが、「お、また『ひな語録』が出てきたぞ」と背筋が伸びた。

「今日の試合の立ち上がりは、いつもの陳夢選手より3倍くらい強い感じで、今までと同じように卓球をしても全くノーチャンスだと思った」と早田は語っている。確かに陳夢は1番で孫穎莎が勝利した流れに乗り、出足からフォアの強打を連発。優勝した東京2020オリンピック時のプレーを彷彿とさせた。それをどうやって崩していったのか?

「中国選手は好きなようにやっていても勝てる相手ではないですし、自分が気持ち良くプレーして、相手にもっと気持ち良くプレーさせてしまったら全然意味がない。綺麗なプレーをしても点数が取れなかったらダメだし、逆にどんなヘンテコな点の取り方でも、1点取れれば1点です」

「今日の陳夢選手には、王道の卓球をやっていても全く抜けなかった。でも、(大会の序盤で)インドの選手が中国に勝つのなら、そういう気持ち悪い卓球、変化のある卓球が中国に通用する部分はあるのかなと思った。それが完全にハマったと思います。
もちろん、自分のやりたいプレーを貫いたほうが良い時もあるし、それは試合の状況によって変わります。陳夢選手との試合については、自分もやりにくいけど相手もやりにくいプレーにして、それで耐えようという試合になった」

「陳夢選手と孫穎莎選手ではプレーのクセも全く違う。孫穎莎選手の今日のプレーの感覚に慣れることなく終わってしまったのは悔しい部分です。今まで、団体戦で中国選手相手に1勝した経験がなかったので、勝った後のエース対決への切り替えが十分にできていなかった。今後、本気で中国チームに勝つためには、2試合を考えてやらないと最後の壁は越えられない」

「今日のこのコンディションで孫穎莎選手に0−3でやられた。今の感覚だと自分は陳夢選手や王芸迪選手とは勝ったり負けたりくらいのレベルになってきていると思うんですけど、孫穎莎選手はもう3つくらい上にいるなと感じた。そこに到達するためには、まだまだやらなければいけないことがたくさんある」

今大会での通算成績は8勝1敗。エースとして大車輪の活躍を見せながら、最後の中国とのエース対決では課題も見つかった。「相手が中国だからしょうがない、とはならないように、自分のことを真のエースだと自信を持って言えるように、もっと頑張っていかなきゃいけないなと思います」(早田)。
At the press conference, Hayata talked about one of the reasons for her victory against Chen Meng. "You might understand if you watched (Ito) Mima from the bench, but it was a really disgusting match, just a disgusting one, not letting the opponent hit hard, and continuing to persevere was the winning table tennis today." "A disgusting match?" It was late at night, and my head was a little hazy, but I straightened up and said, "Oh, there's another Hina Quote."

"At the start of today's match, I felt like Chen Meng was about 3 times stronger than usual, so I thought I had no chance even if I played table tennis like before, said Hayata. It is true that Chen Meng rode on the momentum of Sun Yingsha's victory in the 1st match and hit a series of strong FHs from the get-go. It was reminiscent of her play at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, where she won. How did you break that down?

"CNT players are not opponents you can beat by playing however you want, and if you play comfortably and let your opponent play even more comfortably, then there's no point in that. It doesn't matter how beautiful you play if you can't get points. In contrast, no matter how weird the scoring method is, if you can get one point, then it counts."

"I wouldn't have gotten through the Chen Meng today at all even if I played the king's way table tennis. However, if the Indian players could beat China (in the group stage of the tournament), then I wondered whether such disgusting and variable table tennis could be applied to China, and I think I was completely mesmerized.
Of course, there are times when it's better to stick with the way you want to play, and that depends on the situation of the match. Regarding the match against Chen Meng, it was a match where I made plays that were difficult for myself but also difficult for my opponent, and persevered through that."

"Chen Meng and Sun Yingsha have completely different playing habits. It's frustrating that the match ended without my getting used to the way Sun Yingsha played today. Because I had no prior experience defeating a CNT player in team competitions up until now, I was not able to fully transition to the ace showdown after winning. To truly defeat Team China in the future, I will have to think about 2 matches, otherwise I won't overcome the final hurdle."

"Under that condition today, I was beaten 0-3 by Sun Yingsha. As I feel now, I think I am at a level where I am neck and neck with Chen Meng and Wang Yidi, but I feel like Sun Yingsha is already about 3 spots higher than me. There's still a lot of work that needs to be done to get there."

The overall record in this tournament is 8 wins and 1 loss. Although she showed great success as an ace, she also found some issues in the final ace showdown with China. "I think I have to work harder so that I can say with confidence that I'm a true ace and not feel like I can't help it because my opponent is China," said Hayata.

Last edited:
  • Love
Jan 2018
Me. One match is not enough to change my perception. Alexis is a threat not only to China but also to Felix... LOL
I forgot Gauzy pushed FZD to the brink at Tokyo 2020.

Tokyo 2020:
FZD: Goes to the locker room with QZJ before G4.
Fans: That is gross.

ML: Goes to the locker room with QZJ before decider.
Fans: That is class. 🤣

Rio 2016:
ML: Goes to the locker room with LGL after trailing 0-2.
JYS: Loses the next 4 games. 😭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcJmO7HQjR0

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
You know, giving it some thought, there is actually more logic to the world calling Taiwan, Japanese Taipei, than there is to Chinese Taipei.

Taiwan was using the Republic of China Olympic Committee at the Olympics up until 1981, when it was forced to change to Chinese Taipei Olympic Committee, because of you know who.

Republic of China Olympic Committee first took part at the Olympics in 1924
In 1932 and 1936, athletes from the island of Taiwan competed as part of the team of Japan.
After WW2, athletes from the island of Taiwan took part as the Republic of China Olympic Committee.

I have seen more and more countries calling Taiwan as Taiwan nowadays.

Some history from Olympedia.org:

Although the current National Olympic Committee (NOC) was recognized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) in 1979, the first Chinese Olympic Committee was formed in 1910 and recognized in 1922. China competed at the Olympic Games of 1932, 1936, and 1948. In September 1949, Chinese Communists assumed control of the government, and many of the former rulers escaped to the island province of Taiwan, including many former members of the Chinese Olympic Committee (possibly as many as 19 of 26). Due to visa problems, only one athlete from the Chinese mainland could compete at the 1952 Olympic Games in Helsinki. Thus, began a 40-year political problem for the IOC: the question of the “two Chinas”.

In May 1954, at the 50th IOC session in Athens, the IOC voted by 23-21 to recognize both the NOC in Beijing (then Peking) (as the “Olympic Committee of the Chinese Republic”, later in 1957 as the “Olympic Committee of the People’s Democratic Republic of China”) and the NOC in Taipei (as the “Chinese Olympic Committee”).

Both Chinas were invited to the 1956 Olympics in Melbourne. The NOC in Beijing accepted the invitation on 20 November, which led the NOC in Taipei to reject the invitation. However, the NOC in Taipei changed its decision and elected to compete, which caused the NOC in Beijing to withdraw in protest. At Melbourne, no athletes from the NOC in Beijing competed, while 21 athletes from the NOC in Taipei competed under the banner of the Republic of China. The NOC in Beijing withdrew from the IOC on 19 August 1958, in protest of the IOC’s continued recognition of the NOC in Taiwan.

A request to be recognized again was submitted in 1975. The IOC requested the All-China Sports Federation to send its rules for inspection, a standard procedure. The All-China Sports Federation took two years to comply, but its application was eventually approved on 25 November 1979.

In the interim, the IOC sent a three-member contingent, led by New Zealander Lance Cross, to inspect sporting facilities in the People’s Republic of China. Cross reported to the IOC at its 81st Session in Montevideo in April 1979. The IOC made the following recommendations at this Session: “In the Olympic spirit, and in accordance with the Olympic Charter, the IOC resolves: 1) to recognize the Chinese Olympic Committee located in Peking [Beijing], and 2) to maintain recognition of the Chinese Olympic Committee located in Taipei. All matters pertaining to names, anthems, flags and constitutions will be the subject of studies and agreements which will have to be completed as soon as possible.” The full Session approved this motion by 36-30. The IOC Executive Board modified this slightly, changing part two to read “to maintain recognition of the Olympic Committee located in Taipei… “Also, personally, I am a fan of betting, and in order to find platforms with the best conditions for playing, I visit the platform legal online betting sites, there is a lot of useful information here.
It's fascinating to delve into the complexities of Taiwan's Olympic history and its international recognition. The evolution of Taiwan's representation at the Olympics, from the Republic of China Olympic Committee to the Chinese Taipei Olympic Committee, reflects the intricate political landscape surrounding the island.

The historical context you provided sheds light on the IOC's delicate balancing act between recognizing both the People's Republic of China and Taiwan, resulting in the unique designation of "Chinese Taipei" for Taiwan's Olympic participation.

It's heartening to hear that more countries are increasingly referring to Taiwan by its rightful name, Taiwan. This acknowledgment respects the island's identity and sovereignty, independent of political considerations.

Reactions: jbvttcc
Jan 2018
It's fascinating to delve into the complexities of Taiwan's Olympic history and its international recognition. The evolution of Taiwan's representation at the Olympics, from the Republic of China Olympic Committee to the Chinese Taipei Olympic Committee, reflects the intricate political landscape surrounding the island.

The historical context you provided sheds light on the IOC's delicate balancing act between recognizing both the People's Republic of China and Taiwan, resulting in the unique designation of "Chinese Taipei" for Taiwan's Olympic participation.

It's heartening to hear that more countries are increasingly referring to Taiwan by its rightful name, Taiwan. This acknowledgment respects the island's identity and sovereignty, independent of political considerations.
Ahem, it's the Republic of China (ROC), ruled by Kuomingtong (KMT) at the time, that actually refused to be designated as Taiwan when the IOC forced them to compete under the name Taiwan. There was a referendum in 2018, with the Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) in charge, and the majority of people still voted to compete under the name Chinese Taipei. So the few and far between countries, namely Japan and South Korea, that opt to refer to the region as Taiwan are doing the majority of the people of the island a disservice.

For more:
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...ld-cup-2023-chengdu-12-4-10.31810/post-435357

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Ahem, it's the Republic of China (ROC), ruled by Kuomingtong (KMT) at the time, that actually refused to be designated as Taiwan when the IOC forced them to compete under the name Taiwan. There was a referendum in 2018, with the Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) in charge, and the majority of people still voted to compete under the name Chinese Taipei. So the few and far between countries, namely Japan and South Korea, that opt to refer to the region as Taiwan are doing the majority of the people of the island a disservice.

For more:
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...ld-cup-2023-chengdu-12-4-10.31810/post-435357
I am sure the CCP would not have been pleased with them playing under the name Taiwan. I've had a number of friends from Taiwan throughout my life spanning multiple age groups. They've always referred to themselves as Taiwanese and being from Taiwan ... never once mentioned Chinese Taipei. It's interesting the Taiwanese chose to elect the candidate hated most by the CCP despite being under threat of Chinese fighter jets invading Taiwan airspace. I think that speaks volumes.

Last edited:
Reactions: jbvttcc
Jan 2018
1st Asian Club Championships in 12/2024
https://weibo.com/7360795486/O2A6LfENa
亚乒联主席卡里尔·阿尔·默罕纳迪在2024国际乒联年度大会上阐述的ATTU未来活动
- 第28届亚洲青少年乒乓球锦标赛于2024年6月30日至7月6日在中国重庆举行
- 第35届ITTF-ATTU亚洲杯,2024年9月在中国举行
- 第27届ITTF – 2024年亚洲乒乓球锦标赛在哈萨克斯坦阿斯塔纳举行
- 第1届亚洲俱乐部锦标赛-2024年12月举行

3 grand smashes in 2024
https://weibo.com/7360795486/O2Aiav9Nd
史蒂夫·丹顿先生的报告中提到了2024年计划举办三场大满贯赛事
展望2024年,我们充满乐观和期待。今年有望成为重大国际乒乓球赛事的潜在里程碑时期。法国举办奥运会和残奥会、韩国举办首届世锦赛决赛、三场大满贯赛、国际乒联单打世界杯的回归、第二届国际乒联混合团体世界杯等著名赛事。 2024 年可能是我们这项运动有史以来最重要的一年!如果成功执行,这些赛事有可能将乒乓球运动推向前所未有的高度并创造新纪录。

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I am sure the CCP would not have been pleased with them playing under the name Taiwan. I've had a number of friends from Taiwan throughout my life spanning multiple age groups. They've always referred to themselves of as Taiwanese and being from Taiwan ... never once mentioned Chinese Taipei. It's interesting the Taiwanese chose to elect the candidate hated most by the CCP despite being under threat of Chinese fighter jets invading Taiwan airspace. I think that speaks volumes.
since i'm in circles of current athletes (a lot of table tennis).
all of them hope the referendum in 2018 failed, as they knew, if it was passed, then goes there Olympic participation hope. They did came out to speak up on social media and beg for a decision that won't take away their rights to take part in international sports.

How can one vote for referendum with the fear of repercussion?

A lot more countries are calling "Taiwan" / "Taiwanese".
Like a recent article in Germany highlight the players will return to the bundesliga this week, including Taiwanese player xxxx. In the past, they all used to say Chinese Taipei, but now, the name Taiwan/Taiwanese is being used a lot more.

The word "Chinese Taipei" is also confusing.
10 years ago, Chuang hosted a tournament in Kaohsiung. So CNT players wished Chuang a successful tournament in Taipei (referring to Chinese Taipei).
so fans was saying, did the tournament get moved to Taipei. But everyone is talking about Kaohsiung 🤣🤣🤣

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
2024 ITTF Annual General Meeting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcm4k77itdQ

ITTF AGM and ITTF Council 2024
https://www.ittf.com/ittf-agm-2024/

https://weibo.com/7360795486/O2z85rGeV

ITTF Executive Committee passes important decisions
[About incorporating various continental competitions into player rankings]
Currently, according to the ITTF table tennis world ranking rules, players are ranked based on their eight best non-expired results, and it is stipulated that only one continental/regional event will be counted in the ranking cycle. According to the proposal, if a continent hosts less than two continental championships, continental games and continental cups during the ranking cycle, its event ranking points will be extended by 26 weeks.
[Implementing table tennis review system at the WTTC 2025 (Hawkeye)]
The Board also approved the implementation of a table tennis replay system (Hawkeye) at the ITTF WTTC Finals 2025. The Hawkeye system is designed to enhance the umpiring process, utilizing advanced technology that will help more accurately apply existing rules. The Hawkeye system will provide instant video replays related to controversial decisions, allowing match video officials to review and potentially overturn decisions based on specific evidence.
[The ITTF WTTC Finals 2025 and Summit will be held in Doha, Qatar in May]
It will be interesting if service review is utilized. I have often said tongue-in-cheek that Hawkeye for service review would never be adopted until Ma Long retired lol.