says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Togami is sitting out of Round 2.

JPN vs CZE
Harimoto vs Polansky
Shinozuka vs Jancarik
Matsushima vs Belik
Harimoto played well in G1 and G2 but eased off after 7:4 of G3, getting caught off guard by not 1 but 2 of Polansky's long serves and Polansky kept using the long serve to Harimoto's deep BH combined with the parallel shot to Harimoto's FH on the 5th or 7th ball, which made Harimoto rather uncomfortable even in G4. Should not have dropped G3.

Jan 2018
The hype TensorBackhand has been waiting for.

The 1 prodigy in 100 years of Taiwan
LIgaYkW.jpg

SRqCLYL.jpg

p4uWAML.jpg

96YIggS.jpg

wwnnD55.jpg

Winning this year's Zennihon Senshuken for the first time in 6 years
"The Revived Strongest Ace" has evolved
vD8BEBN.jpg

emc9BvA.jpg

sv9LGQ7.jpg

g005g0W.jpg

HwKsfiW.jpg

oNCNuS2.jpg

7vVSyDD.jpg

EKqj0Hc.jpg

Cme3CWF.jpg

6tPvVkK.jpg

Jan 2018
172cm...
AilKV2i.jpg

BykBXVT.jpg

Vd56vew.jpg

6wHzq3Y.jpg

176cm, 165cm, 172cm...
qmSuAdb.jpg

HvlSnch.jpg

A6XKlMi.jpg

mn83ewH.jpg

165/166cm
haxEepu.jpg

Miwa: Dad, my XD partner is a liar
FbRbJK8.jpg

AQPsmZS.jpg

This one has minor lens distortion
cQ8Xp4p.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Forget double inverted. I'm changing to anti after this WTTC.

WTTC 2024: The Resurgence of Antis

IRI 0-3 JPN
Shahsavari 0-3 Ito
G2 1113
ASHTARI Mahshid 2-0 -> 2-3 Hirano
G4 73, 75, 86, 88, 98, 910, 1010, 1110, 1113
G5 25, 45, 46, 66, 67, 97, 99, 109 slight net for Ashtari, 1011, 1111 BH corner edge for Ashtari? on 3rd ball FH pivot, 1113
Seraji 0-3 Hayata

Kihara is really kind and having a good time with Harimoto, despite not being fielded after 2 rounds.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Forget double inverted. I'm changing to anti after this WTTC.

WTTC 2024: The Resurgence of Antis

IRI 0-3 JPN
Shahsavari 0-3 Ito
G2 1113
ASHTARI Mahshid 2-0 -> 2-3 Hirano
G4 73, 75, 86, 88, 98, 910, 1010, 1110, 1113
G5 25, 45, 46, 66, 67, 97, 99, 109 slight net for Ashtari, 1011, 1111 BH corner edge for Ashtari? on 3rd ball FH pivot, 1113
Seraji 0-3 Hayata
i thought Mima ITO would sit out the whole tournament but she did play against Iran !

Jan 2018
The trio of Dragon was having a good time teasing "Reporter Mizutani" after the match, especially Ito.

Jan 2018
RsDRHEy.jpg

sHBnLfW.jpg

6emUjmS.jpg

BHoMKCy.jpg

AKWImBg.jpg

GZJm8Ce.jpg

6ojYXEq.jpg

Ve6H2h7.jpg

2kPwZUC.jpg

mAi34PH.jpg

PlruUoM.jpg

uPt1dlu.jpg

Ito: You playing WS in Paris like that? Don't make me laugh
EtXNbTJ.jpg

PflmCn8.jpg

edDyQr7.jpg

Ito: You know, you can still quit
urpyr84.jpg

unyg06u.jpg

jaUgXNC.jpg

hJ42YrH.jpg

f1kLdvH.jpg

Jan 2018
hVqCwzg.jpg

84OAqmn.jpg

LkBDDFI.jpg

ZVldhcg.jpg

So many support staff
Msl7g8d.jpg

5m8nBns.jpg

QkbYocY.jpg

6FnBfQm.jpg

pmNAnf1.jpg

dwnzSy8.jpg

TR7uXR0.jpg

jx6DbNC.jpg

Interview Mizutani
Sekai Takkyu Ambassador
30ZtG0J.jpg

vn9d3db.jpg

5yuWeYA.jpg

V3JG954.jpg

q9ZACe3.jpg

S6JofDI.jpg

cJMpYJW.jpg

5JE7U4Y.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Does anyone know what Ayhika is using nowadays ?
She was (or is) Dr.Neubauer sponsored.
They show a picture of her in their website when she is like 9 years old & using Gorilla Anti on backhand and Half Long pips on forehand.
But someone claims she is now using ABS on backhand & some Stiga regular inverted on forehand
Yu (former World TT corespondent) spoke to Ayhika and she showed him her racket. Dr Neubauer World Champion Carbon with Dr. Neubauer Gorilla. Forehand is Impartial XS.

image-removebg-preview(6).png

This user has no status.
do you know what's Akula's backhand rubber?
Grass D. Tecs just like Batra and Ghorpade. She recently switched to Viscaria Super ALC after using the Boll ZLC. Before she switched rackets she was using Xiom, but recently I've seen her use both Dignics and Rasanter.

Screenshot_2024-02-17_at_9.11.51_AM-removebg-preview.png

Screenshot_2024-02-17_at_8.56.55_AM-removebg-preview.png

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
My concern for Hirano is that she has a tendency to lower her standard when playing someone ranked lower than her. She's one of, if not the best, at playing the top Chinese, but you have to make your way through the draw if you want to meet them. Hopefully, she and her coach fixes this before the Olympics.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
so Mima is everyone's friend again :)
Did you read the article that the Japanese journalist wrote about how we imposed stories on the athletes based on press releases and assumptions that paint an inaccurate picture of what it is like to be on the Japanese team?

Reactions: pongfugrasshopper
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
My concern for Hirano is that she has a tendency to lower her standard when playing someone ranked lower than her. She's one of, if not the best, at playing the top Chinese, but you have to make your way through the draw if you want to meet them. Hopefully, she and her coach fixes this before the Olympics.
Like I said elsewhere, they need to introduce some kind of stress motivator into her life, maybe hold her dog or mother hostage if she doesn't win, she can't continue this Zhang Jike indifference if she can't rise to the occasion at will.

• Haha
Reactions: pongfugrasshopper
Jan 2018
  • Sad
Reactions: mikeytt
Jan 2018
Like I said elsewhere, they need to introduce some kind of stress motivator into her life, maybe hold her dog or mother hostage if she doesn't win, she can't continue this Zhang Jike indifference if she can't rise to the occasion at will.
Hmm, in that case, they have to hold ZJK hostage. Hirano once compared ZJK, whom she says is the wild type, to a pet dog (forced by the host to make that comparison) around 2017 and ZJK is the type she likes (I didn't know about that when I wrote how Hirano is like ZJK in trajectory).

Typical example of "男人不壞,女人不愛/women love bad boys".

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1uU4y1A7z7/

p.s. Another point is Hirano once said after Zennihon Takkyu 2017 that as a kid she used to think of getting married at the age of 23. So in that regard, she is a goner as well. LOL

“みうみま”美宇「23歳結婚」厳しい 美誠「引退してパパパッと」
https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2017/01/28/kiji/20170128s00026000205000c.html

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Personal interest but does anyone have insights involving the controversies between (1) Isaac Quek and Darko Jorgic (seems like some rude comments were made by the latter) and (2) Zhou Jingyi and Christina Kallberg (seems the umpire called a questionable edge)?

Jan 2018
Personal interest but does anyone have insights involving the controversies between (1) Isaac Quek and Darko Jorgic (seems like some rude comments were made by the latter) and (2) Zhou Jingyi and Christina Kallberg (seems the umpire called a questionable edge)?
I watched the latter one as it unfolded. The ump gave the point (1-2, 9:10 with Zhou serving) to SGP at first but later overturned it. Argument ensued (Team Swedish obviously welcomed the ruling and proceeded to shake hands) and the stream was cut off soon after.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
In the Zhou/Kallberg match I was confused as well when it happened. The umpire initially calls the point in favor of Zhou, but after Kallberg talked to the 2nd umpire, the call got overturned. I thinked what happened is that Zhou made a loud noise when Kallberg was making contact with the ball. Kallberg says that Zhou was "screaming":

• Wow
Reactions: driversbeat
Jan 2018
Hayata, Hirano, Watanabe and Ito comment on the Iran match.

Hayata points out there is no video of Seraji, who uses a rubber that is older than 1 month, and so couldn't find her groove in the first half of the match.

Hirano is shocked that such players exist in the world.

Watanabe admits Hirano should've changed tactics earlier and many shots were concentrated to the BH, but they only started to shift to the FH in G3 when she should've done so in G2.

Ito says she only started practicing for real after arriving in Busan (seriously she still had time to go out to eat) and she played very well in her first match and her body has gotten better.

Tasei says Togami is diagnosed with flu (they really got him a test) and will not get back until the 21st at the earliest.

日本女子、イランに3−0で勝利して今大会2勝目。2番平野が苦心の逆転勝利!
https://world-tt.com/blog/news/archives/161187
日本にとってはほとんどデータのないイランが相手。試合後、3番の早田が対戦相手のセラジに対して「動画もない相手で、使っているラバーも1カ月以上使って擦れているようなラバーで、前半の入りが難しかった。最後まで手こずった部分もあります」と語っている。

特に苦しんだのは2番の平野。対戦したアシュタリのズバッと切り下ろすバック粒高のショートと弾き打つプッシュ、そして平野のフォアドライブをクロスに狙い打つカウンターは強烈だった。昨年のアジア選手権には出場していた選手だが、「世界にはまだこんな選手がいるのか」というのが正直な感想だ。しかし、4ゲーム目の10ー11、5ゲーム目の9ー10と2回のマッチポイントを握られながら、最後は勝ち切った平野も底力を見せた。

「平野は勝てたことは良かったし、戦術的には本人もベンチも改善し、早めに手を打つべきでした。バックにボールが集まりすぎていたので、3ゲーム目からフォアに散らそうと思ったけど、2ゲーム目からやるべきだった」(渡辺監督)

「全日本が終わってからは少しリフレッシュの時間を取って、ほとんど練習はしていなかったんですけど、こちらに入ってから本格的に練習を再開した。今日は初戦としてはとても良かったですし、体の状態も良くなってきている。やっぱり試合をするのは楽しいですね。出場機会があったらチームを盛り上げて、またワクワクしたいなと思います」(伊藤)。パリ五輪代表の早田、平野、張本を中心とした選手起用になるとはいえ、ムードメーカーの伊藤の復調は明るい材料だ。

日本男子の田㔟邦史監督「戸上はインフルエンザ。彼のベンチは空けておきたい」
https://world-tt.com/blog/news/archives/161152
そして田㔟監督は、体調不良で欠場している戸上隼輔について「インフルエンザです。昨晩検査をして、正式に結果が出て、今日選手たちにも説明しました」と語った。

「前回大会(丹羽孝希が直前でインフルエンザで欠場)と一緒といえば一緒ですけど、一番残念なのは戸上自身だと思う。オリンピックの代表候補予定選手にも決まって、この釜山大会に向けて気合いが入っていた。非常に悔しいと思いますけど、昨日戸上からは『部屋から熱い応援を送ります』という連絡もありました」(田㔟監督)

前回大会で張本とともに2点起用され、チームの3位入賞に大きく貢献した戸上の一時離脱は痛い。しかし、田㔟監督は「戸上が出られないからネガティブになるのではなく、このチャンスをつかんでほしい。前回大会では戸上がチャンスをつかんで、自分が世界で勝てるというのを証明してくれた。同じような状況で、他の選手たちにはアピールする場所だと考えてほしい」と語る。

15日に体調を崩した戸上の復帰は、最短でも21日。実際にいつ復帰するかについては、ドクターとも相談しながら田㔟監督が決めていくという。「戸上のベンチを空けておきたい。彼を待っていたいと思います」(田㔟監督)。

戸上に対してはチームメイトの篠塚大登が「一番悔しいのは戸上さんだと思うので、その分も頑張ろうと気持ちを切り替えて頑張りたい」とコメント。チーム最年少の松島輝空も「チームの雰囲気を盛り上げてくれる優しい先輩ですけど、誰しも体調を崩すことはあるのでまず元気になってほしい。その中で、戸上選手の分まで頑張っていきたい」と語る。

ピンチはチャンス。この緊急事態も、日本男子が一段上に上がるためのチャンスだ。明日は勝負のチャイニーズタイペイ戦。エースの張本智和をはじめ、チーム全員がプラスアルファの力を出して強敵を倒したい。

Last edited: