Japan's TT Youtube outfit WRM visits Korea for a matchup with team of Youtuber Takkyu

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Gan's clearly had some training and he can make some advanced shots, but he's nowhere near consistent enough with them. I've seen a video of him playing against a very amateurish guy on Bilibili and while Gan wasn't playing very seriously he still struggled due to his inconsistencies. None of the top Chinese TT influencers have a presence on YT for obvious reasons, there are a lot of ex national team guys doing it but you'd need to go to say Bilibili or Douyin to watch their videos, and even then it's all in Chinese. If you don't speak Chinese then your best bet is the cross-posting channels on youtube, they usually have decent enough English captions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I wanna see Hamakawa and Kojima vs Ma Jinbao.
There are some recent videos of Fang Bo's crew against Zhou Xin, who's a 2750 USATT player.

Fang Bo vs. Zhou Xin:

Fang Yingchi vs. Zhou Xin:

Chen Hao vs. Zhou Xin:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Gan's clearly had some training and he can make some advanced shots, but he's nowhere near consistent enough with them. I've seen a video of him playing against a very amateurish guy on Bilibili and while Gan wasn't playing very seriously he still struggled due to his inconsistencies. None of the top Chinese TT influencers have a presence on YT for obvious reasons, there are a lot of ex national team guys doing it but you'd need to go to say Bilibili or Douyin to watch their videos, and even then it's all in Chinese. If you don't speak Chinese then your best bet is the cross-posting channels on youtube, they usually have decent enough English captions.
Oh ok that's good to hear. Gan isn't ready to represent Chinese influencers against WRM.

WRM needs to go face the true elite Chinese influencers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
There are some recent videos of Fang Bo's crew against Zhou Xin, who's a 2750 USATT player.

Fang Bo vs. Zhou Xin:

Fang Yingchi vs. Zhou Xin:

Chen Hao vs. Zhou Xin:
You know what ex-player would be really fun to watch? Wang Liqin.

I want to see Wang Liqin vs the top influencers. I wonder what setup he would be using now that speed glue is banned. Maybe boosted H2 fh and Dignics 05 bh.

This user has no status.
Hamakawa was once in All-Japan best 16. its a pleonasm but you could say that at his top form, he was one of Japan top 16 players

Kojima qualified several times for the All-Japan main tournament and passed 1 or 2 rounds at least once. There are like 400 entries. so he must be like one of the top3-5 players of his prefecture and arguably at his best he was in Japan top 100 players

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Hamakawa was once in All-Japan best 16. its a pleonasm but you could say that at his top form, he was one of Japan top 16 players

Kojima qualified several times for the All-Japan main tournament and passed 1 or 2 rounds at least once. There are like 400 entries. so he must be like one of the top3-5 players of his prefecture and arguably at his best he was in Japan top 100 players
In a country like Japan, that makes them 2750+ and 2600+ respectively at their peak, style matchups and other variances permitting.

BTW, even with his lack of backhand, I have always felt Gucci was at least 2200.

This user has no status.
Oh ok that's good to hear. Gan isn't ready to represent Chinese influencers against WRM.

WRM needs to go face the true elite Chinese influencers.
I think Fang Bo and his crew would completely destroy Hamakawa and Kojima tbh...they're quite a few levels apart.

Recently, Yan An (retired CNT, same batch as Fang Bo) won 3-0 against Harimoto who is the top dog in Japan.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

How about Hamakawa vs Zhu Yi.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Kojima blocks Kenta Matsudaira:
The YouTube video below features Kojima and Kenta Matsudaira, who was ranked 9th in the world in November 2017, exchanging forehand cross-court shots using only half of the table. I believe it demonstrates Kojima's exceptional forehand blocking ability.

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I've seen many times the YG serve tutorials from Hamakawa but unable to put it in practice

its a pity because wow, his opponent, who's not a noob, he can't handle it at all...

Gucchy's level seem to have dropped a lot. I wasn't impressed by his performance. I never liked his technique, he looks a bit awkward

And Kojima he's won without hitting a single fast drive... lol
when do i switch to long pips ?
Nah... Pen with fh short pips.