Joola Vyzaryz Blades

After a long delay in shipping and being stuck in customs for a month, I finally have these blades from Joola. I could have gotten these as early as May but the Covid situation affected us all but I am thankful Joola USA sent these blades to me while most people around the planet still have not tried these blades. Joola’s approach seem ambitious in the sense that they wanted to innovate something new in the market wherein for the first time I have gotten to use a triple weave composite material made of zylon, arylate and carbon combined into 1 layer in the Trinity blade. As usual, the blades are made in Korea and the quality of the newer blades is several notches higher compared to their old Chinese-made blades. The pictures of the blades were taken by my friend Ryan who also plays TT.

Joola Vyzaryz Trinity

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

Weight: 87grams
Plies: 7 (limba outer – limba-zylon, arylate & carbon, ayous core)
Thickness: 5.76mm
Speed: Off to Off+
Stiffness: Nearly Stiff

This is the one that I tested first since this is the unique blade in the series and probably the first of its kind in the market that I know of. Having 3 composite materials in a single weave is unheard of for me for major brands. Other blades that I know in the market now are composed of alc and zlc on one side of the blade but never the combination of 3 materials. Overall construction of the blade is comparable to Butterfly’s higher end blades. The Korean factory that makes these blades has good quality control compared to the previous Chinese factory that makes their older blades. I forgot if Sunflex is the one that makes their older blades or some other OEM factories. The handle felt a little bigger than the TB ALC in some of the areas. The measurement is 25.66mm x 34mm at the base of the flared handle but in some area such as the neck of the blade, it felt a little bigger than the TB ALC. I have another blade from a different brand that was made under the same factory but it was a little smaller. The logo is made of thin metal covered by plastic probably to protect tarnishing due to sweat contact.

I used the Dynaryz AG, Rhyzer 45 TSP Spectol Red and Battle 2 rubbers for this test. I opted to use several rubbers because I needed to see the blade’s flexibility in using different kinds of rubbers for different styles of game plays. To be honest, the Vyzaryz Trinity felt weird when I was using it for the first time. It felt weird in the sense that the feeling is quite different and not because it felt bad. It was an unusual feel because the mix of zylon’s stiffness combined with some flexy feel of the arylate. It is hard to describe the feel but let me just say that it is not as stiff as the Vyzaryz Hybrid which only uses ZLC or any other ZLC or Super ZLC blades in the market but at the same time it feels much harder or has more stiffness than usual ALC blades.

For the speed, even though it is rated as Off, I can definitely say it is Off+ because I would placed it as a notch or 2 faster than Viscaria which we all know is rated as an Off+ blade but if you try to analyze it, it is not that fast compared to other known off+ blades. The TB ALC having the same composition as the Viscaria also felt slower than the Trinity and you can feel the difference in speed. The speed is fast not only because I was using the Dynaryz AGR on the forehand and Rhyzer 45 in the backhand but because despite using the Battle 2 at middle distance, I did not feel any reduction of speed. Although the Battle 2 was boosted, I felt that when I was using the Viscaria or TB ALC at middle distance I did feel some reduction in speed. People who tend to counter at far distance from the table will not have any problems with the Trinity because the speed and power it offers away from the table is fairly substantial. It maybe be a bit slower than the Zylon blades but it can hold on its own with such distance.
Despite some flex offered by the Trinity, it felt better as a power looping blade instead of a spinny, slow looping type of play. Sure there is flex due to the ALC component but I feel it would be wasted if you will not take advantage on what the Zylon’s stiffness is giving to increase the speed of your strokes. In that, I would recommend it to a player which has a bit higher level of skills to fully utilize the blade. When looping with the Dynaryz AGR or Rhyzer 45, it had a medium-high and long arc while with the boosted Battle 2 rubber, it had a medium-low and long arc.

Overall, it is multi-dimensional blade. It takes some time to fully adjust to the feel but it is an excellent blade. To say that the Trinity has the best of both worlds – zylon and alc characteristics, is an understatement. It felt very stable due to the combination of zlc and alc when blocking but when attacking, it has some flex of the alc that will let you loop in properly but also offers additional power due to the rigidity of the zylon fibers. When blocking, both fiber combinations also balances the control and speed. For short strokes or inside the table strokes, drop shots are not that fast and fairly controllable although the Freeze version of the Vyzaryz blades is so much better than this but bottom line, this is more related to skill rather than the blade itself. When used with short pimpled rubbers, the zylon fibers would give some rigidity to the blade enabling you to attack and receiving underspin properly but the alc fibers would offer some control on the shots. The Hybrid version was overall a better SP or LP attacking blade. Kudos to Joola for this new concept!

Joola Vyzaryz Hybrid

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

Weight: 92 grams
Plies: 7 (koto outer – super zlc/zlc , limba, kiri core)
Thickness: 5.86mm
Speed: Off+
Stiffness: Stiff

The Vyzaryz Hybrid is composed of 2 layers – 1 super ZLC or super PBO-C (green side) and 1 regular ZLC or PBO-C (purple side), It is not like another blade I know that has 2 entirely different materials on the blade resulting to an entirely different characteristic on each side. The handle is quite comfortable with a size of 25.5mm x 33.9mm but it felt a bit bigger than the TB ALC blade especially on the neck part. People with big hands will like this. Of the 3 Vyzaryz blades, this is the only one that has koto outer plies and is outright stiff whether you are using the super pbo-c or the regular pbo-c side. I used the Dynaryz AGR, Rhyzer 45 and Battle 2 rubbers for the test. I did have to switch the rubbers on each side due to the blade having 2 different composite materials on each side.

The Hybrid is outright stiff whether you are using the PBO-C or Super PBO-C side. For the purpose of identification and shortening the terms PBO-C = ZLC and Super PBO-C = SZLC will be used. This is a purely offensive blade. The hard outer koto and the 2 hard composite materials on each side ensure fast and powerful strokes and even fast blocks. This blade is not for the low level player wherein to switch to this from a slow racket would take much time to adjust. This is not for players who are trying to develop control on their shots and also develop consistency on their shots. I think I have repeatedly declared that personally I am not a fan of ZLC composite materials and I am more of an ALC, carbon aramid or soft carbon type of guy. Nevertheless, I think I can still say the blade is really good for whatever purpose it was designed to achieve. Think of the Vyzaryz Hybrid as a combination of ZJK SZLC and ZLC but at a much lower cost. Yes, it is still much more expensive compared to usual composite blades but compared to the popular ZJK SZLC, the cost difference is much bigger saving you a lot of money. The speed of both sides is both OFF+ with the SZLC side offering more speed and bounciness. The speed of the SZLC or ZLC layers is not as fast as pure carbon layers found among Tamca blades. I noticed that both sides when being used offensively such as looping or counterlooping, in order to maximize the usage of the blade, you need to hit with more sponge. It is like driving a race car. What is the use of a race car in a race track if you do not go for the speed. Likewise, the Hybrid is better for an all out offensive game. Sure it is good in active blocking but it is so much better for players who can do rallies consistently. I myself made quite an adjustment with both sides especially the SZLC side due to the lower arc. Between the ZLC and SZLC sides, the SZLC is the faster and with a much lower and sharper arc in all offensive type of shots. I made more adjustments with the SZLC because on backhand to backhand rallies, there are times I was hitting the net. With the ZLC, I was hitting the net less but the arc was just too low for me. Please take note this is due to personal preference of composite materials and I have not played with the blades for at least a month. With the forehand, both sides are a bit more controllable for me especially when I shifted to a Chinese rubber. The 2 sides can be very fast even at far distance from the table due to their stiffness and bounciness and the determining factor for this blade is the type of rubber being used. At far distance, the SZLC and ZLC sides did not have a drop in speed when using Dynaryz AGR or Rhyer 45 but it was evident that the speed offered by the SZLC side is much more. For backhand to backhand rallies, you would need to open more the blade angle since I had some adjustments with the ball hitting the net. For other players this is not a problem if they are used to zlc blades. For driving and smashing balls, the Hybrid is awesome as you would not worry much about the ball hitting the target. It is hard enough to counter and smash topspin balls but it still offers a certain amount of control.

How are the sides when looping? The regular ZLC side is the easier side to slow loop. The arc is still lower compared to that of an ALC blade but it needed lesser amount of skill than the SZLC. The SZLC side when used correctly produces a sharp, low arc loop that kicks when bouncing on the opposite side of the table which in turn is harder to block against. For this reason, countering with a low arc side spin counter loop at middle distance or far distance was fun to do so but it was frustrating to block against. Overall, the 2 sides favor off the bounce and peak timing when looping against underspin. Although you would be forced to do late contact loops when out of position sometimes or due to late reactions, I personally think that slow looping is not the forte of the Hybrid blade and just better to be utilized on faster loops which deal more on power and speed rather than just slow, spinny looping. The zylon material proved to be a good looping material due to some flex it offers. It may have lesser amount of flex compared to ALC but it does its job also for loops offering more on speed.

For shots inside the table such as flicks or drop shots, you would need to loosen your grip on the handle to handle delicate drop shots just to compensate for the blade’s stiffness and bounciness which is more in the SZLC side. For blocking, both sides are very stable producing low arc blocks which sometimes is a double-edged sword but it all boils down to the user and preference. The low arc blocks on both sides can be hard to defend against but this will also leave lesser room for error especially on the SZLC side.

I would highly recommend using softer rubbers such as the Rhyzer 45 for players whose level are not that high or maybe tacky rubbers such as Golden Tango to have better control and at the same time no difficulty in looping underspin due to its tackiness and slower speed comared to faster rubbers such as Dynaryz AGR and ACC. Rhyzer 50 is definitely ok and a good combination but I would stick to Rhyzer 45 to most players for better control. All in all this is an excellent attacking blade with some considerations on control and level of play but is greatly rewarding for players who have the skills to use this blade. I have only used this briefly with sp rubbers but I can say that the hardness would be very good for offensive SP and LP players.

Joola Vyzaryz Freeze

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

Weight: 92 grams
Plies: 7 (limba outer, limba, al-c, kiri core)
Thickness: 5.89mm
Speed: Off
Stiffness: Medium Stiff

I want to say that this is my favorite Vyzaryz blade. I was clear on saying I love ALC blades and to think the outer layer is limba which is perfect for Chinese rubbers or tacky rubbers. I did not have any hard time adjusting to this blade because of the 3 blades mentioned, this is the most user-friendly and most forgiving in all types of offensive shots. Like the 2 other blades above, the handle is a bit bigger in terms of shape especially on the neck part. I measured the base of the flared handle with 25.56mm x 34mm. In terms of construction, this blade reminded me of a Marcos Freitas ALC blade. In terms of plies and construction they are almost the same with the thickness being lesser for Vyzaryz Freeze. Also, it would probably be also similar to Michael Maze ALC.

This is the true Off speed only blade in the series. The Trinity blade, in my opinion, is not an Off speed blade but rather an off+ speed blade. I would place it as slower and softer than the Rosskopf Emotion and probably in the same speed level as Freitas while Michael Maze ALC is definitely slower. The Freitas is thicker by almost a mm but speed as what I remember is almost the same. I would not tag the Freeze as slow, it is indeed fast but it is more of a controlled offensive blade. I think a lot of people while find the Vyzaryz Freeze likeable due to its control, flex and good feel. The feel is not too hard or too stiff. The flex is felt especially on loops that are slow and spinny. When paired with the Dynaryz AGR and Rhyzer 45, it produces a medium arc while the 2 other Vyzaryz blades are at low level arcs. I am quite biased with this blade because it is balanced in terms of its strengths. It felt like a softer Viscaria but offers almost the same speed and more flex. I think I like the softer feel better but this is just a personal preference. This is perfect for players who use hard forehand rubbers but love to loop underspin balls in all 3 types of contact timing points – off the bounce, peak or late contact. For people who are not familiar with what I am pertaining to off the bounce or on the rise contact point is when the ball is still rising after it bounced in the opposite side of the table, peak pertains to the highest part of the bounce and late when the ball is beginning to go down. Those are the basic 3 types of contact timing points that were taught to me and I also teach in turn to my students. Each has its own strength and weakness with the off the bounce as the fastest and the late timing as the slowest loop. The Vyzaryz Freeze excels really good especially on the peak and late contact timing points. It is good in taking the ball early and looping it but due to it being slower, the Hybrid and Trinity versions are much better if you want more powerful shots or in the case of the Vyzaryz Freeze, attach a hard and fast rubber to offset the lesser amount of speed provided by the blade. At the end of the day, it goes down to personal preference, rubbers used and the skill of the individual using the racket. I can confidently say that the Freeze blade is the easiest to handle in terms of defense and offense. In defending against shots like topspins and drives, blocking with it easy for the Freeze blade to handle due to some softness and flex it offers and the ALC layer actually helps in controlling fast attacks. Of the 3, the Freeze is the best looping blade and the one that is easiest to control and even intermediate level players can actually use this with a slower rubber. If people are looking for a Viscaria-like blade but with a softer feel and better control, then the Vyzaryz Freeze is one of the blade I will gladly recommend. The best controllable set up for the Vyzaryz Freeze would be Rhyzer 50 forehand and Rhyzer 45 backhand. Rhyzer 45 seem too soft for the forehand due to the blade’s flex. For faster shots or if you play far from the table, it would be Dynaryz AGR and ACC both sides at max thickness.

Last edited:
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Thanks yogi,
very good information as like all of your reviews.

I have 2 questions:

1 - can we say that the FL handle is similar to Butterfly Zhang Jike Series FL?

2 - How is the weight balance of the blades? does it feel head heavy with 2 harder rubbers on both sides?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

Thanks yogi,
very good information as like all of your reviews.

I have 2 questions:

1 - can we say that the FL handle is similar to Butterfly Zhang Jike Series FL?

2 - How is the weight balance of the blades? does it feel head heavy with 2 harder rubbers on both sides?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk
1. More or less similar to zjk szlc handle.
2. All blades did not feel too head heavy. Still, the weight seem to shift towards the head.

very nice review!

The Freeze and Xiom's 36.5 ALX both seem to be softer, slightly more flexy versus Viscaria.

Do you have a preference between Joola Freeze and 36.5 ALX?

Freeze is softer due to having limba outers while 36.5 has koto. Both are really good but I cannot decide yet which to choose. If I am using a Chinese rubber I would choose the Freeze.

Reactions: best_intentions
says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
I also tried the freeze and liked it, but I have to admit, that I don’t share the opinion that it is slower than Viscaria. Mine had 86g and it was faster than Viscaria. Pitch frequency was around 1470 Hz which is quite high for a low weight blade.
Feeling was good, but I struggled controlling it and overshot a lot. That’s why I changed back to Viscaria/Freitas which are slower for me in feeling and pitch frequency.

This is normal that joola should ask me, how to build blades for amateurs.
Nobilis is not control blade.
How 7,2thick amultart clone with frequency about 1600+1700 will be control blade???
Easy check.
core density + layers+ structure of material= too fast.
PP vispower
5,7 mm, frequency 1322, core handle= too slow

Bulky handle froom Joola/Xiom made in Italy are perfect no lie but
If you know how fast this Korean kiri cores are you can judge that every blades over 5,6 will be too fast

Hmm nope. Disagree, nobilis is not an off+ blade. Its speed is not greater than Viscaria. The true off+ blades are the super zlc zjk and amultart is faster.than nobilis by a huge margin.

How 7,2thick amultart clone with frequency about 1600+1700 will be control blade???
Easy check.
PP vispower

If you know how fast this Korean kiri cores are you can judge that every blades over 5,6 will be too fast

I also tried the freeze and liked it, but I have to admit, that I don’t share the opinion that it is slower than Viscaria. Mine had 86g and it was faster than Viscaria. Pitch frequency was around 1470 Hz which is quite high for a low weight blade.
Feeling was good, but I struggled controlling it and overshot a lot. That’s why I changed back to Viscaria/Freitas which are slower for me in feeling and pitch frequency.

This is the reason why i do not trust the frequency measurement of the blade since there are clipper wood that are at 1470htz and they are not that fast.

Easy check.
PP vispower

Hmm nope. Disagree, nobilis is not an off+ blade. Its speed is not greater than Viscaria. The true off+ blades are the super zlc zjk and amultart is faster.than nobilis by a huge margin.

Also, thickness is not a guarantee speed factor. I can name some blades that are at 8mm and greater thickness but they are not off+. That goes the same with freq measurements.

Last edited:

It's probably the arc that makes you overshoot but not the speed.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019

Agreed. Nobilis is definitely on the lower side of offensive.