Limited Edition STIGA Emerald Blade

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hey everyone!

Today we have just received limited edition blades made by STIGA to celebrate their 70 years anniversary - The STIGA Emerald VPS V signed by STIGA CEO Mats Bandstigen! We will be giving away one of these blades in our next TableTennisDaily competition!

We thought you may like to take a look. Only 150 have been made, with Xu Xin and Fan Zhendong having received one last week in Tokyo. The blade will be released next month.

emeraldweb.jpg

Congratulations STIGA from everyone at TableTennisDaily! What a voyage!

Reactions: Steven
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Great stuff.

I hope these blades will not be used as TTD prizes.
I think an auction or charity should be in place - (not sure if that is allowed from Stiga).

These are really collectable items and worth a lot.
I would say what ever earnings from it should assist back in table tennis - charity, or improvement of TTD forum etc.

TTD has given out a lot to the forums, and its time that forum members should contribute back

Administrator
Oct 2010
Great stuff.

I hope these blades will not be used as TTD prizes.
I think an auction or charity should be in place - (not sure if that is allowed from Stiga).

These are really collectable items and worth a lot.
I would say what ever earnings from it should assist back in table tennis - charity, or improvement of TTD forum etc.

TTD has given out a lot to the forums, and its time that forum members should contribute back

Good suggestions Tony. I will talk with Stiga and we will plan best what to do with them as you are right they are rare collectables. I will propose these ideas Tony.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Stiga made 150 and gave 5 to TTDaily? Is that right? Wow. That is pretty generous.

I think there are many ways to use them. And the prize giveaways that TTDaily does on a somewhat regular basis are a great way to advertise and grow the TTDaily forum and at the same time they are a great way to advertise for Stiga. So, I see nothing wrong with the original plan.

That being said, an auction is an interesting idea. But a giveaway might give you more exposure than an auction. And, from the standpoint of advertising exposure probably means more money than the price you would get for a racket in an auction.