Ma Long will not play 2024 Olympic singles

says ESN 42 hardness is my magic number
says ESN 42 hardness is my magic number
Mar 2021
ML should start preparing his retirement. How about writing books?
One is about his thoughts during his careers and perhaps another is called Ma Long Art of Ping Pong ( in homage of Sun Tzu Art of War treatise )

says Master blocker
says Master blocker
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
What a pity for the G.O.A.T not to participate in the last Olympics of his career.
I'm wondering if yesterday's defeat by Woojin had something to do with the decision or it's the other way around: The decision was already made and Ma Long wasn't motivated enough for this tournament....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
What a pity for the G.O.A.T not to participate in the last Olympics of his career.
I'm wondering if yesterday's defeat by Woojin had something to do with the decision or it's the other way around: The decision was already made and Ma Long wasn't motivated enough for this tournament....
The latter is more likely than the former, the criteria werr public and have been highly biased towards thr WTTC last year and Ma Long's inability to beat Wang Chuqin in most events last year pretty much closed the discussion.

Reactions: Robin0910 and Aizen
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Sucks for him but WCQ clearly has been the best player the last 2 years and also dominated him head to head (I think partially due to his skill and partially due to his style and left handedness which makes it hard for ma long to use his forehand).

And FZD might be slightly on decline but he has been the most consistent player the last 5-6 years plus he is a lot younger than ma long and might sustain a long tournament better.

I think if he wants it he should play team though. Lin shidong is very talented but still to susceptible to lose to non Chinese players (like recently to boll). And lin gaoyuan and Liang jingkun are very good players but stagnating the last couple years.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi