Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Cool video of how once again we see a Chinese player doing a good deed. In this video you see Ma Long signing autographs.

MaLong.jpg

Photo by: Kiyoshi Ota/Getty Images

My question is, whats the best autograph/signature you have had from a table tennis player? Did you try and get an autrograph and the player rejected you? Who would you like a autograph from?

My best .. When I went to the World Table Tennis Championships in 2007 I took my blade with me and had so many players sign it including Wang Liqin, Oh Sang Eun, Karlsson, Vladimir Samsonov, cannot remember the rest now.

But was fun times :). I remember Wang Hao rejecting me... and come to think of it Ma Lin did however he returned the favour this year hehe

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Well mostly after a match I see Ma Long leave without even looking at fans..
Kinda rude, but he may have his reasons..

Anyways, me be that famous, I dont think I would reject people :)
Because they are there for me anyways :)

Must be such stress sir Michal.
You know how demanded is he for being on of the best player in the world.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010

wait really? most of the time that I see his videos, if they show a little bit at the end, he always walks towards the stands, where tons of kids line up for autographs. Especially in the latest tournaments in Europe. If you watch some of the videos of him after he wins the match, you always see him walking over to the stands where kids and other fans are lined up with stuff for him to sign.

Obviously a star athlete doesn't have the time to sign everything, so to a certain extent he does have to ignore people, but from just what I have seen, he seems to be pretty good at signing autographs, making fans happy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I would love to get Ma Long and Wang Liqin's autograph, or even better have my picture taken with them. That would be a really neat memorabilia to have hanging in my room or something

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I would love to get Ma Long and Wang Liqin's autograph, or even better have my picture taken with them. That would be a really neat memorabilia to have hanging in my room or something

I hope that day comes Scylla you deserve it :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
wait really? most of the time that I see his videos, if they show a little bit at the end, he always walks towards the stands, where tons of kids line up for autographs. Especially in the latest tournaments in Europe. If you watch some of the videos of him after he wins the match, you always see him walking over to the stands where kids and other fans are lined up with stuff for him to sign.

Obviously a star athlete doesn't have the time to sign everything, so to a certain extent he does have to ignore people, but from just what I have seen, he seems to be pretty good at signing autographs, making fans happy.

I don't think that Ma would feel too good for that either. At least judging from the documentary about him he seems a very nice and humble person.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
It all depends on when you go to get the autographs. Most of the Chinese players only do so after a tournament is over so that they don't get distracted. Another reason could be that they need to make a flight to another country or whatever so you have to understand their schedules. A friend told me about how Ma Lin back when he played at the U.S. Open had to leave really fast after winning because his flight was leaving soon and this seemed rude, but let's be honest they have their own lives as well and they can't sign every autograph especially if there are 1000's of people.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
It all depends on when you go to get the autographs. Most of the Chinese players only do so after a tournament is over so that they don't get distracted. Another reason could be that they need to make a flight to another country or whatever so you have to understand their schedules. A friend told me about how Ma Lin back when he played at the U.S. Open had to leave really fast after winning because his flight was leaving soon and this seemed rude, but let's be honest they have their own lives as well and they can't sign every autograph especially if there are 1000's of people.

I agree. There will be so many people wanting that autograph at the end of a match. If 1000 people want an autograph and it takes 3 seconds per autograph, it will almost take an hour (and an injured wrist probably) to give everyone an autograph. :)

says does somebody knoms whats the melody at 2:38 ...
says does somebody knoms whats the melody at 2:38 ...
Feb 2011
I have a racket from ma long, he has given to me at the time of WTTC 2011..thats the best
autograph *_*

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
In 2009 I got Ma Long's autograph after he won the English Open, and also at this years English Open I stayed after the tournament on Sunday and got Wang Hao's, Zhang Jike's, Ma Lin's, Wang Liqin's, Xu Xin's, Chen Qi's, Ding Ning's and Guo Yue's autographs!!! Still really want to get Timo's autograph though!!!

Wow good effort!! :)

I really want to get Boll's to! Such a role model!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews

That is good to read, I didnt see many of those..

You are probably right, I think the one when he completely ignored all fans was right after some semifinal he won..
So maybe he went to get ready for the finals.. who knows :)

I have a racket from ma long, he has given to me at the time of WTTC 2011..thats the best
autograph *_*

hey, you make jealous :D

how did you get the racket?

I think he makes us all very very jealous! :D

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Woo I managed to get a Ma Long autograph! It was probably due to the fact he just beat Zhang Jike and had a Pro Tour Grand Final for the second time running :).

He was a very nice gentlemen.. a good guy!

ma long sig.jpg