Ma Long's Technique in Detail

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Hi All,
I found this series of videos by ma long like this one:

i am looking to improve my back hand consistency and accuracy of my backhand which is like 1% now :(
i notice that ma long is playing with a ball which has markings like a small football. does that help? to see the ball better and develop a better more consistant stroke?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Marked and will see on computer back home. Recently I have found Ma Long made a series of videos in cooperation with DHS of generally all his techniques and experience in details with live modeling and explanation by himself, aimed to guide amateurs. Not only Ma Long, but I have also seen such tutorials by at least Wang LQ and Wang Hao (may be even more). Explained by world champains themselves, I think these vids can be valuable. You can find them on YouTube by searching using the player' Chinese names such as "马龙乒乓球教学". However, it is a shame that they are in Chinese and I have not yet found an English subtitle. I'm using mobile and will give you a link when back from work.

This user has no status.
Marked and will see on computer back home. Recently I have found Ma Long made a series of videos in cooperation with DHS of generally all his techniques and experience in details with live modeling and explanation by himself, aimed to guide amateurs. Not only Ma Long, but I have also seen such tutorials by at least Wang LQ and Wang Hao (may be even more). Explained by world champains themselves, I think these vids can be valuable. You can find them on YouTube by searching using the player' Chinese names such as "马龙乒乓球教学". However, it is a shame that they are in Chinese and I have not yet found an English subtitle. I'm using mobile and will give you a link when back from work.
Check the main post I put it there as soon as it came out.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
...i notice that ma long is playing with a ball which has markings like a small football. does that help? to see the ball better and develop a better more consistant stroke?

No, that is a training ball for beginners to help them see the spin. They might be using it for the video to make the ball or the spin more visible. But, to get the backhand more consistent, practice, practice, practice. :) It helps to have a really steady hitting partner. Some people use a machine when their consistency is really not good enough yet, or multi-ball.