Manufacturing problem in Xiom blades?

says Master blocker
says Master blocker
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
I had a Xiom TMXi blade which I have been using for 5-6 months, when suddenly the handle started to wobble and felt like it will come off.
I gave the blade to a friend of mine who is a carpenter and repaired it by regluing it.

I sold this repaired blade and bought another TMXi, a bit lighter. Again, after a few months of play the handle started to wobble.
The carpenter friend of mine repaired it again by regluing it, with a special wood glue called D3 which is water and impact resistant.

At first, I thought it was just an isolated incident. However today just as I was discussing the matter with a former co-player of mine, he told me that a few years before, he had exactly the same experience with a Xiom Vega Tour blade!!!!! In his case, not only the handle came completely off but the upper layer of the blade as well!!!!

Anyone had similar experience with Xiom blades? I'm inclined to believe that Xiom uses poor quality glue....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Tôi có một lưỡi dao Xiom TMXi mà tôi đã sử dụng được 5-6 tháng thì đột nhiên tay cầm bắt đầu lung lay và có cảm giác như nó sắp bung ra.
Tôi đã đưa lưỡi dao cho một người bạn thợ mộc của tôi và sửa chữa nó bằng cách dán lại nó.

Tôi đã bán chiếc lưỡi đã sửa chữa này và mua một chiếc TMXi khác, nhẹ hơn một chút. Một lần nữa, sau vài tháng chơi, tay cầm bắt đầu lung lay.
Người bạn thợ mộc của tôi đã sửa lại nó bằng cách dán lại nó bằng một loại keo dán gỗ đặc biệt tên là D3 có khả năng chống nước và va đập.

Lúc đầu, tôi nghĩ đó chỉ là một sự cố cá biệt. Tuy nhiên hôm nay, khi tôi đang thảo luận vấn đề này với một người đồng đội cũ của mình, anh ấy nói với tôi rằng vài năm trước, anh ấy cũng có trải nghiệm tương tự với vợt Xiom Vega Tour!!!!! Trong trường hợp của anh ta, không chỉ phần tay cầm bị bong ra hoàn toàn mà cả lớp trên của lưỡi kiếm cũng bị bong ra!!!!

Có ai có trải nghiệm tương tự với Xiom Blades không? Tôi có xu hướng tin rằng Xiom sử dụng keo kém chất lượng....
So many xiom blades i have see before have the same problem.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
However today just as I was discussing the matter with a former co-player of mine, he told me that a few years before, he had exactly the same experience with a Xiom Vega Tour blade!!!!! In his case, not only the handle came completely off but the upper layer of the blade as well!!!!
I was changing BH rubber on my Feel ZX3 (vega tour's younger brother) some time ago and noticed that the outer hinoki ply started delaminating from the rest of the blade around the perimeter. That's a pity, it's one of my favorite blades. I played with it regularly maybe for a couple of years only and was too late to buy a backup, since (another annoyance) xiom ditches its blades so quickly.

says regularly shitposting
says regularly shitposting
Jul 2019
I've had 3 xiom blades, 2 alx and 1 all-wood, none have had this issue, the all-wood is still with me, and havent heard anything from the people who I've passed the alxs to.

Just checked the wood one, applied some force sideways on the handle, it aint budging. Will have to ask the owners of the alxs how they are doing when I see them.

Kind of concerning since I am planning on getting the tmxi pro when it becomes available.

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
I have gotten like 3 Offensive S blades (1 secondhand), 2 Feel AX, 1 Feel HX, 1 V1 (secondhand), and 1 Ignito (secondhand) and I only experienced this problem with the Ignito, but it happened when I had lent it to someone else and I think they dropped it by accident- but the handle came off pretty cleanly. In general I have experienced way more handle loss with Yinhe blades, like 3 of the Yinhe blades I've bought have done this, once on its own but two from being dropped

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
I had a Xiom TMXi blade which I have been using for 5-6 months, when suddenly the handle started to wobble and felt like it will come off.
I gave the blade to a friend of mine who is a carpenter and repaired it by regluing it.

I sold this repaired blade and bought another TMXi, a bit lighter. Again, after a few months of play the handle started to wobble.
The carpenter friend of mine repaired it again by regluing it, with a special wood glue called D3 which is water and impact resistant.

At first, I thought it was just an isolated incident. However today just as I was discussing the matter with a former co-player of mine, he told me that a few years before, he had exactly the same experience with a Xiom Vega Tour blade!!!!! In his case, not only the handle came completely off but the upper layer of the blade as well!!!!

Anyone had similar experience with Xiom blades? I'm inclined to believe that Xiom uses poor quality glue....
I had a similar experience with Xiom Stradivarius blade. I bought this blade from my clubmate, but it was brand new. He just got a FL handle by mistake and wanted to sell it. However, after using the blade for few months, I found that there was small gap between the ALC layer and the topmost wood layer. Now, this layer is facing towards me and not towards the table, so any chance of me hitting the blade on the table was ruled out.
To cut a long story short, I got it repaired from one guy who makes custom blades as a hobby, however, I believe the glue which he used was not the one which aligns to the standard, as it completely changed the feeling of the blade and made it like a brick. I just had to put the blade away and move on.
In the past, I had played with Donic, Tibhar and Xiom blades apart from Butterfly. Amongst all these brands, I feel Butterfly is the safest bet for blade quality and weight management after putting on the rubbers. German brands like Donic and Tibhar ( I use to play with Donic Senso Ultra Carbon and Tibhar Stratus Powerwood) tend to be too head heavy for my taste.

says Master blocker
says Master blocker
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
I had a similar experience with Xiom Stradivarius blade. I bought this blade from my clubmate, but it was brand new. He just got a FL handle by mistake and wanted to sell it. However, after using the blade for few months, I found that there was small gap between the ALC layer and the topmost wood layer. Now, this layer is facing towards me and not towards the table, so any chance of me hitting the blade on the table was ruled out.
To cut a long story short, I got it repaired from one guy who makes custom blades as a hobby, however, I believe the glue which he used was not the one which aligns to the standard, as it completely changed the feeling of the blade and made it like a brick. I just had to put the blade away and move on.
In the past, I had played with Donic, Tibhar and Xiom blades apart from Butterfly. Amongst all these brands, I feel Butterfly is the safest bet for blade quality and weight management after putting on the rubbers. German brands like Donic and Tibhar ( I use to play with Donic Senso Ultra Carbon and Tibhar Stratus Powerwood) tend to be too head heavy for my taste.
I tend to agree, I've never had any problems ever with Butterfly blades.

In fact during the time that TMXi was being repaired, I borrowed a Visacria from a clubmate. Wow, man I'm telling you it's the best blade I've EVER played! I am THRILLED.!!!
While it is a notorious blade, I've never attempted to buy it as I was being told that it's too fast, too uncontrollable etc. Not at all! Awesome in every aspect!

Well I just found out why it is notorious and it's well justified. I bought it from my clubmate the very next day!

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I tend to agree, I've never had any problems ever with Butterfly blades.

In fact during the time that TMXi was being repaired, I borrowed a Visacria from a clubmate. Wow, man I'm telling you it's the best blade I've EVER played! I am THRILLED.!!!
While it is a notorious blade, I've never attempted to buy it as I was being told that it's too fast, too uncontrollable etc. Not at all! Awesome in every aspect!

Well I just found out why it is notorious and it's well justified. I bought it from my clubmate the very next day!

I've never had any problems ever with Butterfly blades.
.............but plenty of other players did have problems with Butterfly blades.
I remember seeing photos here on the forum of blades loosing whole big bits of their top laminate all the way down to the blue/black carbon layer. One should not try to "kill" a brand using a few incidence alone. It also depends what the reaction is of the manufacturers when confronted with the problems.

says Master blocker
says Master blocker
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
.............but plenty of other players did have problems with Butterfly blades.
I remember seeing photos here on the forum of blades loosing whole big bits of their top laminate all the way down to the blue/black carbon layer. One should not try to "kill" a brand using a few incidence alone. It also depends what the reaction is of the manufacturers when confronted with the problems.
Let's not turn the discussion a "Butterfly vs other brands" debate. I was never a Bfly fan boy after all. All I am stating is my personal experience without doubting anyone other's.

Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Let's not turn the discussion a "Butterfly vs other brands" debate. I was never a Bfly fan boy after all. All I am stating is my personal experience without doubting anyone other's.
Exactly, we not trying to banish any other brand here and I agree with you. For hobby players like me, I think I don't have any detailed insights on the manufacturing process nor have a tried too many products to blame/shame any brand. It just what landed in my hands and how I felt about it. I am pretty sure that these instances could be a one off issue and each brand has a tremendous customer loyalty.
With my limited understanding of the game, it is just that I want to have a trouble free fun based experience and appreciate the feel of the blade and rubbers which I use as per my playing style.