Maze carbon alternatives.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Hi guys ,just wondering if anyone out there knows to any blade that is similar to a maze carbon. i have'nt played as much tt as i like to have done over the last few years ,but when i was playing regular i always played well with the maze blade.

But most of you know what its like ,no matter how you are playing you get bored and try other blades.I read in a previous post about not really being alternatives to the best bty blades, and just bite the bullet and buy the real thing.

so im interested in seeing what your views are.

many thanks

bb

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
yes i agree a very good blade have tried it ,was even considering it again.have tried the tbs aswell not the same imo.but thanks for your input.

This user has no status.
Donic Waldner Senso Carbon is more controlled, the best player ever still plays it ! Dont hesitate.

Only because of the G.O.A.T. plays with it, it does'nt mean that it automatically fits for any player and the Waldner Senso Carbon isn't even a little bit similar to the M.Maze.

This user has no status.
Hi guys ,just wondering if anyone out there knows to any blade that is similar to a maze carbon. i have'nt played as much tt as i like to have done over the last few years ,but when i was playing regular i always played well with the maze blade.

But most of you know what its like ,no matter how you are playing you get bored and try other blades.I read in a previous post about not really being alternatives to the best bty blades, and just bite the bullet and buy the real thing.

so im interested in seeing what your views are.

many thanks

bb

I used the TBS for nearly two years until I cracked my game racket and short time later my orginal spare-racket, so because those blade are quite expensive I had to search for some alternatives. But unfortunately in terms of the blade there aren't any real alternatives. But there are some blades, like in my case the Baum Esprit, that in combination with softer or harder rubbers, depending on what you need, could end up as an alternative package for your orginal racket.

This user has no status.
tbs and tb alc should be similar.

A former teammate of mine played the recent season with the Maze. Before that he used the TBS for five years, somewhat in that range.
Two days ago at a private practise session he told me that he will return to the TBS because the Maze isn't fast enough, and the Maze isn't that much better in the short-short-game as well as service and service-return, so that he would say that the Maze has a far better control than the TBS.

This user has no status.
Timo boll ALC, Zhang Jike ALC, maybe viscaria???

If somebody is looking for an alternative he wants something that is quite similar but cheaper than the current product, because otherwise he wouldn't look for an alternative and instead buy the current product again.
And by the way TB ALC, ZJK ALC and Viscaria are all more expensive than the M.Maze blade.

This user has no status.
I heard the Andro Treiber H is made to mimmic butterfly ALC's....havent really tried it though.
If you are willing to pay for a BTY blade, the Viscaria should do you well since its the original model that the TBS and Maze was based off of.
I reckon you can find a Sword or Yinhe branded one that has the exact same structure as the Maze. Quality is not promised though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Donic waldner senso carbon, is totally another blade then maze. Its slower, more flexible, softer....
If you need control, very good.

If you want something similiar then maze, try xiom ZQ.