Mizutani Super ZLC?

says Hi guys! I just joined this forum. I am from Malaysia...
Apr 2012
I just received Butterfly 2014 catalog and poster, looks like Mizutani is no longer using Mizutani ST ZLC blade, according to catalog description, both Mizutani and Koki Niwa are using Super ZL Carbon blade, which I believe the SZLC was custom made from Butterfly. Can we say Mizutani SZLC blade is on the way to release? Soon, Innerforce and Timo Boll series will add SZLC into its' family lineup.

The catalog is in Japanese, I have highlighted Mizutani and Koki Niwa description with red line.

Scan.jpg

Reactions: Bensmithbortey
Apr 2012
Mizutani Super ZLC will be released on 21st July 2014, price is set at Yen 30000+tax (~USD 300+tax)

Spec:
Wood: 5 Ply wood + 2 ply SZLC
Speed: Fast
Feel : Mid
Blade size: 157x 150mm
Handle : 100x24mm(FL), 100x 22mm (ST), 100x 24mm(AN) [handle is slightly smaller thinner than ZJK SZLC]

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Agold or I will not do any better using that bomb (money bomb). Maybe money pit is a good way to say it.

Agold is moving right on up in level using what he has (Viscaria, right?). He gained a full level in two of his last few tourneys. Maybe next year he will be div 4 mens city in a Korean club. He is on track to make Div 4 by end of year.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
butterfly knows how to advertise and make money!!

First Zhang Jike Super ZLC-a blade that ZJK doesnt even use,and costs $300+.

Now MJ SZLC and Koki niwa SZLC.

What next?and at what price?

Do you know as a fact that the ZJK SZLCs sold well? They seem too expensive for amateurs to me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
No,i dont have any facts,but the fact that even 1 person buys it is an indication that they are making money(Rajah-a member of TTD got 1)

Hi, ive been using zjk szlc for 8months now and ive talk to Dan few days ago about szlc and they have already finished the review. Let us wait for it to be posted..
all i can say about the quality of this blade is "awesome!" But ofcourse i would agree..it is abit expensive.

Sent from my HTC One X+

Reactions: agold
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Michael Landers ordered a ZJK Super ZLC to try it out. He really did not like it. I tried it too. He wanted me to see what I thought. I did not like the ZJK Zuper ZLC either. It was not bad. But it did not feel anywhere near as good, to me as the ZJK ALC or the TB ALC. I have to confess though, I don't really like the TB ZLC either. But I even like the TB ZLC better than the ZJK Super ZLC.

Last edited: