This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Updated my current setups in the first post of this thread, LP experiment going well!

I am enjoying my BTY Balsa Carbo X7 with Battle 3 40 as FH and Yinhe Super Kim 1.1 BH. Finally found a good LP BH I can be offensive with, immediately clicked with it. Got a Dawei 388D-1 Professional 1.0 on the way as well for my Andro Treiber setup.

Battle 3 40 is doing well so far, but still got to break it in more. Gonna keep it on my main blade and a 39 hardness on the Treiber for the long run.
Ended up going with the Yinhe Super Kim on my Andro Treiber blade and the Dawei 388D-1 Professional on my Butterfly blade.

I am kind of disappointed in the Dawei 388D-1, everything I liked about the Super Kim vanished, while the LP rubber seems to be heralded for it's ease of attacking with it, which I did not experience at all, maybe it only applies to the OX variant.

So in turn I ordered a new sheet of Yinhe Super Kim to have both my setups very similar to each other, to get a feel of which blades suits me better in the LP experiment.

I will end up with:

Butterfly Balsa Carbon X7
FH: Friendship Battle 3 40 black
BH: Yinhe Super Kim 1.1 red

Andro Treiber FI
FH: Friendship Battle 3 39 black

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Ended up going with the Yinhe Super Kim on my Andro Treiber blade and the Dawei 388D-1 Professional on my Butterfly blade.

I am kind of disappointed in the Dawei 388D-1, everything I liked about the Super Kim vanished, while the LP rubber seems to be heralded for it's ease of attacking with it, which I did not experience at all, maybe it only applies to the OX variant.

So in turn I ordered a new sheet of Yinhe Super Kim to have both my setups very similar to each other, to get a feel of which blades suits me better in the LP experiment.

I will end up with:

Andro Treiber FI
D-1 1mm is very fast with low dwell and super hard to play. You have to engage the sponge on every stroke to get good amount of control. OX version is on contrary is easy to play versatile do ot all rubber.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
B2 Gold is my favorite Chinese forehand rubber so far. Using it the last couple of years on Acoustic Carbon Inner and previously on an all wood Acoustic.

Edit* And cheap

Reactions: turbozed and Zwill
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
B2 Gold is my favorite Chinese forehand rubber so far. Using it the last couple of years on Acoustic Carbon Inner and previously on an all wood Acoustic.

Edit* And cheap
I wonder what happened that it's so cheap. It's going now for like 18eur, shipped taxed... It used to be like double that... Overstocked after covid?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I wonder what happened that it's so cheap. It's going now for like 18eur, shipped taxed... It used to be like double that... Overstocked after covid?
Good question. The first sheet I ordered was about $35. I ordered 2 sheets a few weeks ago for less than that!

Reactions: Sims
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022

Edit* And cheap
I like B2 Gold too but for me it's not durable. It lost it's super grippiness like after 60 hours. Maybe because I boosted it, idk. Now using B2 BS w/o booster and I like it quite a lot but still have good warm memories about the Gold one. It had like incredible control and could grip the ball when the paddle is parallel to the floor

Reactions: Way Zooted
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2024
Gentlemen, I want to buy an Ursa Major and test it on the backhand side, actually my blade is cybershape wood with dignics 05 (backhand)... I need to find cheaper options and maybe someone can report about 👇🏼

- Ursa Major 37° or 38° ?
- Does the red or black have the same performance?
- Durability [15 h/week] routine
- Ball trajectory during topspin drive and loop drive
- Performance to block, chop block and punchs.

📌 I like the Hurricane 3 neo BS 40°(booster), is my forehand rubber. So, I tink that transition will be easy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022

I will end up with:

Andro Treiber FI
Updated my start post with my current "stock" in rubbers, donated some stuff to my club.

Also I am currently enjoying the Treiber setup a lot at the moment, going forward with that and play a local tournament with it next weekend.
Ordered a Hallmark Tactics LP 1.2 and am eyeing a Yinhe 955 Blue/Green 0.7 to try before calling it a day and glueing the Super Kim 1.1 to my Butterfly blade as well. Also eager to see where I am going to end up with the B3 40, very much inclined to swap it to a 39 with how well I am enjoy that on the Treiber blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022

Edit* And cheap
I just got an Acoustic Inner Carbon G-Revision so I'm interested in other Chinese FH rubbers you've used.

Do you have a top 3 or 5 that you've used with the Acoustic Inner Carbon?

Which ones didn't work also, so maybe I can avoid them?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I just got an Acoustic Inner Carbon G-Revision so I'm interested in other Chinese FH rubbers you've used.

Do you have a top 3 or 5 that you've used with the Acoustic Inner Carbon?

Which ones didn't work also, so maybe I can avoid them?
Since they are all kind of similar, I'd say they mostly all work. But I think I liked B2G and then Moon Pro the most. I think the only one that I really did not like is Target National.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Last weekend I played a local tournament which went very well. I can 100% confirm for myself that the LP experiment is a success. Other take-away was that I like the B3 39 but combined with my Andro Treiber FI the combination was too hard for my liking.

So, I transferred the B3 39 to my BTY Balsa Carbo X7 and paired that with a Yinhe Qing Soft 0.5. On the Andro Treiber I glued a B3 38, difference in feel is quite noticeable, eager to experience it in play.

I expect a Hallmark Tactics LP 1.2, Yinhe 955 0.7 Green and Dawei Saviga Monster 77 1.0 soon, with having a Yinhe Super Kim 1.1 still in stock. The Super Kim on my Treiber blade will stay and I will try out the different LP's on my BTY blade. I hope to find an LP that I cam attack as well with as I can with the Super Kim, but with more LP funk coming off it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Small update to my previous post.

Yinhe Qing 0.5 is off again, hated it while playing. Tried to take it off in one piece to donate it, but it ripped like a piece of paper.

Glued the Hallmark Tactics 1.2 to my BTY blade and did swap the Super Kim on the Treiber blade with the Dawei Saviga 77 Monster 1.0.

Will keep the setups as is now, hoping to dial in over the summer.

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Small update again.

I EJ'd again and ordered a Sanwei Fextra 5 ST, Yinhe Jupiter 3 39 (wanna give it another go), Yinhe 955 Blue 0.7 and some new scissors. Eager to try the Fextra 5, I was eyeing similar blades from name brands for my Christmas wishlist. Also eager to try it in ST, seemed to be a chunky handle which I do seem to like.

On my current blades I removed the Hallmark Tactics LP. It played okay, but it felt dull to play with. I think for my intentions with it the sponge is too thick and probably a wrong type as well, in hindsight I should've bought the 0.5 version.

Dawei Saviga 77 Monster 1.0 is on the BTY blade, Yinhe 955 Euro 0.7 is on the Andro Treiber FI. Both feel good in their respective blades and do different things. The Dawei has more disruption as in producing knuckle balls, the 955 has more of a sinking effect and a bit more reversal/negation of spin.

Leaning towards the 955 at the moment, seems to suit my style the best. Got one coming in blue for the Fextra blade, unsure what I will stick on the FH of that blade for now.

Last edited:
says Succumbed to fiber
says Succumbed to fiber
Jan 2024
As I've had a few AliExpress orders lately, *and* I managed to test all of that gear at least once now, I figured I might as well add my two pence here:

Palio AK47 "Red": pleasantly surprised with this one. It plays close to a classic rubber, but really has pep in it. Works for heavy backspin serves, spinny BH opening loops, and even plays nice on FH.
I'm considering this for my daughter as her "next step" rubber. It's *that* easy to play, with quality properties.
How long it'll last? Idk.. The topsheet is really thin.

Yinhe Moon 12 "Medium Hard" or M+: I.... don't know about this one. On looks it's a pure winner. On properties, I think I don't quite understand it yet. On one end I can see why people think it's very forgiving, on the other side I feel like I can't really *do* anything with it. It just feels off. Maybe it needs a little breaking-in, maybe it needs to be put on carbon rather than all-wood, or Koto rather than softer Limba... But if you want a rubber you can hang on the wall to look at, it's already worth the money.

Hurricane 3 Neo (OS 39 2.1): Spin is its game, and that's what it does. Really, really strong spin. Other than that I honestly feel lots of rubbers work better. This one is for those who really focus on high spin attacks. Period. I really wanted to try this benchmark rubber, so now I know. Still, for its price point (~€25) it's very good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
What did ya think of the Yinhe Jupiter 3 39?
So far I have not really given it a proper go in black on 39 hardness.
Had a black 37, and a red 38 + 37, they were good over the table, but missed something when hitting a ball with more power.

Hoping the 39 gives me that, will post when I have.

Reactions: Sims
This user has no status.
So I finally got my Sanwei F3 Pro with the Big Dipper 39 (FH) and Moon 12 (Medium hard) on (BH). (Thanks @TensorBackhand !)

Played a couple of hours and here my thoughts:

1. Big Dipper 39 (FH): tried it without boosting. Coming from Xiom Vega X on FH, it felt slow initially, especially on flat hits. Once I got warmed up and started looping, I really felt like I could loop anything deep on the table. (it also makes me wonder if maybe my current tensor setup on my FH is too fast). The missed shots definitely made me realize where my technique was lacking.

The short game was decent.
The spin on serves not bad either

2. Yinhe Moon 12 (M+ medium hard): just like
@Tyce , not sure how I feel about it yet. It felt less controlled for some reason on my pushes while my BH loop seemd a tiny bit more consistent (and I don't have a good one). Oh and the rubber is gorgeous!

3. Sanwei F3 Pro: the flat slower shots seem very woody and have a hollow sound. But once, I started putting some mustard on my shots, the blade really felt comfortable and controlled.

Three new components so not sure what is effecting what but looking forward to playing with the setup more.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
So I finally got my Sanwei F3 Pro with the Big Dipper 39 (FH) and Moon 12 (Medium hard) on (BH). (Thanks @TensorBackhand !)

Played a couple of hours and here my thoughts:

1. Big Dipper 39 (FH): tried it without boosting. Coming from Xiom Vega X on FH, it felt slow initially, especially on flat hits. Once I got warmed up and started looping, I really felt like I could loop anything deep on the table. (it also makes me wonder if maybe I was on too fast on my FH). The missed shots definitely made me realize where my technique was lacking.

The short game was decent.
The spin on serves not bad either

2. Yinhe Moon 12 (M+ medium hard): just like
@Tyce , not sure how I feel about it yet. It felt less controlled for some reason on my pushes while my BH loop seemd a tiny bit more consistent (and I don't have a good one). Oh and the rubber is gorgeous!

3. Sanwei F3 Pro: the flat slower shots seem very woody and have a hollow sound. But once, I started putting some mustard on my shots, the blade really felt comfortable and controlled.

Three new components so not sure what is effecting what but looking forward to playing with the setup more.
I played BD on F3 Pro for a long time. I feel they go really well together. They provide a lot of spin and feel and control, very good for looping with fine speed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2024
I have been playing with H3 National 40° (not neo) for a few years now on a HL5X. Always boosted with 3 layers of Haifu Seamoon oil and then reboosting with 1 layer after approximately 6 weeks. Usually a sheet lasts 1 year without bubbling.

Now actually tried the Battle 2 Prov BS in 40° with only 2 layers of Seamoon oil and I was impressed. The overall feeling is 95% the same IMO to the H3, but it's sometimes a little bit easier to play due to lower weight and little bit livelier. 2 layers of Seamoon were totally enough for the rubber. The Battle 2 has a lovely crisp feeling when looping and great short play. My guess is that it's a tad easier to activate the rubber and getting the china power out of it. The question remains on durability. The throw angle is indeed a little bit different as it is a bit higher, but these are just nuances. My opponent had more difficulties returning my topspins as they kicked out brutally.