My FIRST Day competing in Germany

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Uhm, complain about long pips players ??

No, I have been around long enough everywhere and on OOAK and everyone knows I fight for defensive play styles too.

I try to do the right things a few weeks out for a major tourney goal. The less important tourneys, I just try to sync rest, hydration, mineralization, exertion, nutrition and mental performance several days out to get them all to be on target for match day.

I have a full time job and a life and a wife, so it isn't a perfect world hitting all my targets.
I got it, personal life in balance I think this is one of the most important things for a healthy mental state before playing. And about the first part of you answer, may I ask what do you mean with mineralization?

Thanks for answering and for fighting for this style :D

Regards

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hi @DiegOX , I forgot to tell you today.

There is an old military base closed down and the city runs its old former gym, some of us contributed money for TT tables and we store them there and play there sometimes when Russian Church TT is not happening...

Some of us were there today and throughout the doubles match, my LP friend George was sitting courtside with his broken leg elevated and watching a youtube TT vid...

I finished the match, sat down in the area and asked George casually when he started watching DiegOX youtube vids.

He did not know why I knew... I told him TT is a very small world. :D

Reactions: DiegOX
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I got it, personal life in balance I think this is one of the most important things for a healthy mental state before playing. And about the first part of you answer, may I ask what do you mean with mineralization?

Thanks for answering and for fighting for this style :D

Regards
Hi Diego,

In sport, when we exert our bodies throughout the long match day (and the days before it) we tend to drink a lot of water... this is nice, but it flushes out electrolytes and minerals that our body needs for our cells and muscles to function.

It is as simple as eating a tiny bit throughout the day and have a little salt, magnesium, and baking soda fizzy vitamin powder in the water 1/3 of the time. it goes a long way to keeping the levels well enough for the body to function.

it is important for me to do this in the days leading to a tourney and especially on a long matchday.

often, a tourney in USA starts at 9 AM (and you may need to get up 4 hrs early and drive 3 hours) and often has one or two your events finishing 9pm or later if you advanced from group stage.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Good hydration and maintaining balance of electrolytes and minerals is a good way to prevent cramps. Magnesium is especially helpful in prevention and treatment of cramps. I try to stage my intake of a little magnesium throughout match day. maybe night prior, always after match recovery too.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
A famous youtuber Korean lady (the sister of chopper Suh Hyo Won) (i know you hate good looking chopper ladies)... she had an interview with Jung Young Sik... and went through his TT gym bag and asked him what he had and why... he had magnesium power for cramp prevention and treatment among a bunch of other stuff.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Hi @DiegOX , I forgot to tell you today.

There is an old military base closed down and the city runs its old former gym, some of us contributed money for TT tables and we store them there and play there sometimes when Russian Church TT is not happening...

Some of us were there today and throughout the doubles match, my LP friend George was sitting courtside with his broken leg elevated and watching a youtube TT vid...

I finished the match, sat down in the area and asked George casually when he started watching DiegOX youtube vids.

He did not know why I knew... I told him TT is a very small world. :D
Wow, this is so beautiful, and I feel really glad about it. Please send greeting to him and tell him the I wish a fast recovering and thanks for watching 🙏🏻

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Hi Diego,

In sport, when we exert our bodies throughout the long match day (and the days before it) we tend to drink a lot of water... this is nice, but it flushes out electrolytes and minerals that our body needs for our cells and muscles to function.

It is as simple as eating a tiny bit throughout the day and have a little salt, magnesium, and baking soda fizzy vitamin powder in the water 1/3 of the time. it goes a long way to keeping the levels well enough for the body to function.

it is important for me to do this in the days leading to a tourney and especially on a long matchday.

often, a tourney in USA starts at 9 AM (and you may need to get up 4 hrs early and drive 3 hours) and often has one or two your events finishing 9pm or later if you advanced from group stage.
Fantastic information. I totally agree, this is really important.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Good hydration and maintaining balance of electrolytes and minerals is a good way to prevent cramps. Magnesium is especially helpful in prevention and treatment of cramps. I try to stage my intake of a little magnesium throughout match day. maybe night prior, always after match recovery too.
This sounds fantastic, I will check some more information about it. Thanks for taking the time to answering

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
A famous youtuber Korean lady (the sister of chopper Suh Hyo Won) (i know you hate good looking chopper ladies)... she had an interview with Jung Young Sik... and went through his TT gym bag and asked him what he had and why... he had magnesium power for cramp prevention and treatment among a bunch of other stuff.
Jajajajajajajaja do you have this interview. It is not for the good looking lady jajajaja it is just for getting the information about magnesium 😉

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Jajajajajajajaja do you have this interview. It is not for the good looking lady jajajaja it is just for getting the information about magnesium 😉
Here is the interview. At 11:00, SHY (SHW sister) takes out a bag from a side compartment and it is full of stuff JYS dissolves in water and drinks... vitamins and magnesium.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
BTW, Suh Hyo Young (SHW's sister) is still young (she is prolly around 30 or so) and still not yet married.

Take a 6 month stay in Korea, enjoy the TT and you might get lucky.

She coached in a club in Seoul 9where a couple of my friends lived 5 floors above the club) and I speak Korean, so I had a brief talk and a short match. (She is prolly 1900-2000 TTR)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
BTW, Suh Hyo Young (SHW's sister) is still young (she is prolly around 30 or so) and still not yet married.

Take a 6 month stay in Korea, enjoy the TT and you might get lucky.

She coached in a club in Seoul 9where a couple of my friends lived 5 floors above the club) and I speak Korean, so I had a brief talk and a short match. (She is prolly 1900-2000 TTR)
Wow, you are so well connected

Reactions: Der_Echte
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi DiegOX,

Great video, nice touch and skills!!

My match preparation -

Matches usually aim to start 19.30 pm

Home Match -
Leave work (sneak an early one if possible!!) 17.00, 1hr+ drive home, get in, get changed maybe have 20 min to relax, grab a bite to eat/drink, maybe!!!
Leave for venue, aim to arrive 18.50, open up, set up table, turn on heaters and de-hums. ready for warm-up / practice 19.00. get in maybe 20 to 25mins warm-up in before opposition turn up and want to have a warm-up!!
not ideal.
Away matches are usually worse regarding warm up time, AT BEST 5 - 10 mins warm up, sometimes just a quick knock!!!
Home advantage Etc.
If we had the time, then warm-up would be longer, some clubs have the hall from 19.30, with other groups, such as keep fit or whatever using the hall from 18.30 to 19.30, this leaves NO time for a knock-up for either home or away team!!! set up table, start match!!!

This is Local League level matches in the UK,

Some clubs have better facilities than others!! tables permanently set up, dedicated TT hall, these are few and far between, usually for larger clubs playing at national league level.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Hi DiegOX,

My match preparation -

Home Match -
Leave work (sneak an early one if possible!!) 17.00, 1hr+ drive home, get in, get changed maybe have 20 min to relax, grab a bite to eat/drink, maybe!!!
Leave for venue, aim to arrive 18.50, open up, set up table, turn on heaters and de-hums. ready for warm-up / practice 19.00. get in maybe 20 to 25mins warm-up in before opposition turn up and want to have a warm-up!!
not ideal.
Away matches are usually worse regarding warm up time, AT BEST 5 - 10 mins warm up, sometimes just a quick knock!!!
Home advantage Etc.
If we had the time, then warm-up would be longer, some clubs have the hall from 19.30, with other groups, such as keep fit or whatever using the hall from 18.30 to 19.30, this leaves NO time for a knock-up for either home or away team!!! set up table, start match!!!

Some clubs have better facilities than others!! tables permanently set up, dedicated TT hall, these are few and far between, usually for larger clubs playing at national league level.
Thanks for answering,

This is amazing al the things that you do in not much time. Actually I have a similar experience about set up of the tables and so on. At this level it is a little bit difficult to find clubs with a dedicated place for table tennis.

Anyway it is so cool to know that you are so active and prepare yourself so well.

says Aging is a killer
Hi DiegOX,

My match preparation -

Home Match -
not ideal.
Home advantage Etc.

This is one of the reasons that some local leagues fought so hard to keep the 21 game.

Reactions: DiegOX and IB66
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Wow, you are so well connected
Nah, it is simply that TT is a small world. if you are an Ausländer in Korea and speak Korean, you get to meet a lot of people.

I am only just the Chief Counsel to the Office of Goon Squad, it allows me to cause trouble around my nation and the world. Everyone should give it a try.