My FIRST Day competing in Germany

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Hello everybody,

Recently I moved to Germany for competing in the league over here.

I Always have been curious about how is the day of a player before a match. What he does? How he focus? What he eat? What he has in his bag back? For this reason I decided to make this particular video telling how was my experience before my first match in this country.

It is interesting to watch the nerves that I had, the thought passing by my mind, the interaction with the environment. I think all of this have a big influence in the result of the match.

¿What do you think?

Looking forward to your comments

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Hello everybody,

Recently I moved to Germany for competing in the league over here.

I Always have been curious about how is the day of a player before a match. What he does? How he focus? What he eat? What he has in his bag back? For this reason I decided to make this particular video telling how was my experience before my first match in this country.

It is interesting to watch the never that I had, the thought passing by my mind, the interaction with the environment. I think all of this have a big influence in the result of the match.

¿What do you think?

Looking forward to your comments
Great video - well played and thanks for sharing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Beautiful region. Close to the southernmost city in Germany (Sonthofen).
What I do before matches? Nothing special: a bit dynamic stretching and a long warm up session if possible 1), sometimes I listen to music.
Btw: Your initial TTR value will be the average of all players in that league/league group at that position if you haven't played tournaments or TT Races before.

1) don't know if this is a problem in your area but over here many playing venues/gyms are barely heated in winter

Reactions: BHSlap and DiegOX
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Thanks to you for the replay. I’m glad you like it. What do you use to do before playing a match?

Regards.
Main thing for me, given my league matches often have one table and very little warm up time, is that I try to spend 30 mins before I leave at my table at home practicing serves as I find this gives me a feel for the ball. Not ideal as then I travel to the venue etc...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Beautiful region. Close to the southernmost city in Germany (Sonthofen).
What I do before matches? Nothing special: a bit dynamic stretching and a long warm up session if possible 1), sometimes I listen to music.
Btw: Your initial TTR value will be the average of all players in that league/league group at that position if you haven't played tournaments or TT Races before.

1) don't know if this is a problem in your area but over here many playing venues/gyms are barely heated in winter
Yes, this region is so beautiful, I really like the nature around here. The lakes are incredible.

So that you comment is so important. Stretching and worming up are activities that some times we forget.

Actually I also like to listen music before, in the car we were listening some songs.

I got already the TTR, it was really high, more that I expected, because I won the 3 matches this day and they were the first with high rankings all of them, I don’t know if it get some influence on it or not.

Heating system is not a problem, at least for now every place was really well prepared.

Regards.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Main thing for me, given my league matches often have one table and very little warm up time, is that I try to spend 30 mins before I leave at my table at home practicing serves as I find this gives me a feel for the ball. Not ideal as then I travel to the venue etc...
Actually this is amazing. I think honestly it is something that I would implement. The touch with the ball is basic and I think it would help to don’t miss services during the match. Thanks for answering, many interesting ideas are appearing after this question.

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
drink a German beer before every match and watch that illegal backhand serve of yours :devilish:
jajajajajaj maybe beer can be good idea. I saw lot of players drinking couple of them here in Germany before playing.

And about the serve, could you tell me in which minute of the video I was doing a Illegal serve. Maybe I didn’t noticed and it would be helpful for me for improving.

Regards.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
jajajajajaj maybe beer can be good idea. I saw lot of players drinking couple of them here in Germany before playing.

And about the serve, could you tell me in which minute of the video I was doing a Illegal serve. Maybe I didn’t noticed and it would be helpful for me for improving.

Regards.
my apologies I thought you were "the boss" playing in yellow.
It is his BH serve at 4' 06 that I criticized.
You just keep drinking the beer and will soon have many many friends 😂

Reactions: DiegOX
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
my apologies I thought you were "the boss" playing in yellow.
It is his BH serve at 4' 06 that I criticized.
You just keep drinking the beer and will soon have many many friends 😂
Jajajajaja no worry, maybe some day I can invite you a beer and we can have a match.

And yes, I noticed that his serve was sometimes inappropriate.

By the way, which blade do you use? I‘m trying guess it from your setup description but I didn’t get it

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Jajajajaja no worry, maybe some day I can invite you a beer and we can have a match.

If you like good beer than get some from the smaller (local) breweries. Especially in Bavaria there are so many breweries that make way better beer than the mass producers 1)

And yes, I noticed that his serve was sometimes inappropriate.

One of the unwritten rules in the lower leagues 2) 3): don't complain if the serve is not totally unfair. There are so many (older) players that serve as if they were still in the 1970s or 1980s when these serves were legal.

1) Warsteiner, Krombacher, König Pilsener and so on.
2) everything without official umpires (in the higher leagues the players are just better at hiding illegal serves from the umpires ;))
3) I don't like this unwritten rule but I'm also used to these illegal serves (one of the advantages of being older and having played back in those days ;))

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
If you like good beer than get some from the smaller (local) breweries. Especially in Bavaria there are so many breweries that make way better beer than the mass producers 1)

One of the unwritten rules in the lower leagues 2) 3): don't complain if the serve is not totally unfair. There are so many (older) players that serve as if they were still in the 1970s or 1980s when these serves were legal.

1) Warsteiner, Krombacher, König Pilsener and so on.
2) everything without official umpires (in the higher leagues the players are just better at hiding illegal serves from the umpires ;))
3) I don't like this unwritten rule but I'm also used to these illegal serves (one of the advantages of being older and having played back in those days ;))
I will go for trying this beer 🍻 maybe I will find a good game of Beer Pong 🤣

And yes, I more or less was noticing that in this town people use to hide the serve and things like this. Anyway nobody complain.

I think this is part of the challenge playing here. Time will say.

Thanks for your answers. So kind from your side to take the time for writing here 🙏

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
I will go for trying this beer 🍻 maybe I will find a good game of Beer Pong 🤣

Maybe I should have written that a bit differently... Warsteiner, Krombacher etc. are the mass producers to avoid.
Local breweries are too many to list them all but I can try to list a few I remember and like :)
Aktienbrauerei Kaufbeuren/ABK, Apostelbräu, Grasser Brauerei, Martinsbräu, Riegele, Urban Chestnut Hallertauer Brauerei (US/Bavarian mix), Will Bräu, Zirndorfer.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Yes, a little walk is so useful for me. Living in the mountains give me the opportunity to breathe fresh air and organize my ideas. I recommend it :D

How about you? what do you like to do before the match?

Regards.
Uhm, complain about long pips players ??

No, I have been around long enough everywhere and on OOAK and everyone knows I fight for defensive play styles too.

I try to do the right things a few weeks out for a major tourney goal. The less important tourneys, I just try to sync rest, hydration, mineralization, exertion, nutrition and mental performance several days out to get them all to be on target for match day.

I have a full time job and a life and a wife, so it isn't a perfect world hitting all my targets.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Maybe I should have written that a bit differently... Warsteiner, Krombacher etc. are the mass producers to avoid.
Local breweries are too many to list them all but I can try to list a few I remember and like :)
Aktienbrauerei Kaufbeuren/ABK, Apostelbräu, Grasser Brauerei, Martinsbräu, Riegele, Urban Chestnut Hallertauer Brauerei (US/Bavarian mix), Will Bräu, Zirndorfer.
Taking note of all of them 😁