My FIRST Day competing in Germany

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
This is the most important. Friendship is the base of this sport 🏓😁
You should read some of my NYC adventures where I visit NYC and get @UpSideDownCarl to assemble a large cast of Trouble making Goon Squad members for TT LULZ.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
I was checking them, so nice that you can have the opportunity to travel there and make this kind of appointments with people who is highly involved in Table Tennis.

I would like to being part of one of those tournaments at some point.

Reactions: Der_Echte
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Reactions: Der_Echte
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Yes, a little walk is so useful for me. Living in the mountains give me the opportunity to breathe fresh air and organize my ideas. I recommend it :D

How about you? what do you like to do before the match?

Hi Diago, congrats to your move to Germany, I used to live there too for good number of years.

Before the match - something tangentially related - if I'd have to say what has the biggest impact on my health, then the answer is clear: fasting. I could write long about it, but I think it is the best, if you are interested, to simply look up videos about fasting, I can recommend Dr. Walter Longo and Dr. Alan Goldhammer, e.g. Also about the duration of the fasting - it's better to get to know what happens when in the body first, then decide. My last fast was 6-7 days.

Now heading for a match, yesterday 4 hours match, now again. I play in czech level called "divize", yesterday we won 10:8, and my point was the very last point, tasted sweet, it is only our 2nd win this season, I did 2 wins 2 loses. In CR there are many TT competition levels: Okres 4, 3, 2, 1, Kraj 2, 1, Divize, Liga 3., 2., 1. and Extraliga. Out of curiosity, enumerate those in Germany pls. Cheers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Hi Diago, congrats to your move to Germany, I used to live there too for good number of years.

Before the match - something tangentially related - if I'd have to say what has the biggest impact on my health, then the answer is clear: fasting. I could write long about it, but I think it is the best, if you are interested, to simply look up videos about fasting, I can recommend Dr. Walter Longo and Dr. Alan Goldhammer, e.g. Also about the duration of the fasting - it's better to get to know what happens when in the body first, then decide. My last fast was 6-7 days.

Now heading for a match, yesterday 4 hours match, now again. I play in czech level called "divize", yesterday we won 10:8, and my point was the very last point, tasted sweet, it is only our 2nd win this season, I did 2 wins 2 loses. In CR there are many TT competition levels: Okres 4, 3, 2, 1, Kraj 2, 1, Divize, Liga 3., 2., 1. and Extraliga. Out of curiosity, enumerate those in Germany pls. Cheers.
Hello,

Thanks for commenting. So nice to know that you were living here. Both, CR and Germany are amazing and beautiful countries.

So interesting this comment about fasting. I just realised recently the importance of eating light before a match and letting time for digestion. I was doing before the oposite and I can notice the difference now.

Amazing that you are competing there. I would like to follow your progress in this league. Please keep me updated about it.

About the league here, I think it work in this way

- Districtal leagues
- Extra league
- Regional leagues
- Bundesliga

Each one is divided in different clases, here the names of all of them in German:

- Landesliga (name depending on the state e.g. NRW-Liga or Sachsenliga)
- Landesklasse
- Bezirksliga
- Bezirksklasse (Here I play)
- Kreis-/Stadtliga
- Kreis-/Stadtklasse

There can be several leagues with the same name like 1., 2., 3. Bundesliga. 1. is always the highest.

I still learning about it here, hope it was useful somehow.

Regards.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
So interesting this comment about fasting. I just realised recently the importance of eating light before a match and letting time for digestion. I was doing before the oposite and I can notice the difference now.

Right. These are "short-time" adjustments, the fasting & diet is more "longer term". If you fast for 6-7 days, it takes another 6-7 days to feel like the strength was regained. I'm not speaking about muscle loss, there is none, if not stretched too long, but you do feel weaker. It is an amazing mechanism evolved during a long time of our history, when we were true fighters (hunter/gatherers), just like we TT players all are ;-). Keine Bauern, obwohl nix gegen Bauern, ich liebe was die deutsche Bauern gerade tun ;-).

Amazing that you are competing there. I would like to follow your progress in this league. Please keep me updated about it.

Sent link via PM.

About the league here, I think it work in this way

- Districtal leagues
- Extra league
- Regional leagues
- Bundesliga

Each one is divided in different clases, here the names of all of them in German:

- Landesliga (name depending on the state e.g. NRW-Liga or Sachsenliga)
- Landesklasse
- Bezirksliga
- Bezirksklasse (Here I play)
- Kreis-/Stadtliga
- Kreis-/Stadtklasse

There can be several leagues with the same name like 1., 2., 3. Bundesliga. 1. is always the highest.

I still learning about it here, hope it was useful somehow.

Regards.

Yes, thanks for the overview. Although I remember I asked that already, and I think either @Attitude or @ttarc replied. It is kind of hard to compare the differences in competition levels in Germany and CR. More effort needed. I remember I played once against a german player rated slightly over 1700 TTR and I was slightly around 1600 czech ELO, and I could win, but that is not really a data-sample. Unfortunately in CR the page with all registered TT players is not available anymore (in inheritance process). I think there is cca 18'000 registered TT players in CR which makes cca 0,17% of our population.

Reactions: DiegOX
This user has no status.
Right. These are "short-time" adjustments, the fasting & diet is more "longer term". If you fast for 6-7 days, it takes another 6-7 days to feel like the strength was regained. I'm not speaking about muscle loss, there is none, if not stretched too long, but you do feel weaker. It is an amazing mechanism evolved during a long time of our history, when we were true fighters (hunter/gatherers), just like we TT players all are ;-). Keine Bauern, obwohl nix gegen Bauern, ich liebe was die deutsche Bauern gerade tun ;-).

Sent link via PM.

Yes, thanks for the overview. Although I remember I asked that already, and I think either @Attitude or @ttarc replied. It is kind of hard to compare the differences in competition levels in Germany and CR. More effort needed. I remember I played once against a german player rated slightly over 1700 TTR and I was slightly around 1600 czech ELO, and I could win, but that is not really a data-sample. Unfortunately in CR the page with all registered TT players is not available anymore (in inheritance process). I think there is cca 18'000 registered TT players in CR which makes cca 0,17% of our population.

Sent link via PM.

Not quite unlikely. Currently pending around 1630, and i am quite capable of winning against 1700 opponents. 16-17 are quite close in their abilities in germany anyway.

I have no clue either to compare these leagues, though i doubt they are far apart from each other. If i remember correctly we have several czech player in the Bundesliga too.

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
I have to say though that TTR in Germany until a certain level is not that accurate because you might have players from different associations with the same rating, but their actual playing strength can vastly vary. We do say here in Baden that people from Pfalz are overrated because their TTR is just inflated. Players in their lowest leagues have way more TTR than we do around here. 1600 obviously is still pretty damn high.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024

Sent link via PM.

Thanks for all this interesting information. All of it sounds nice and it would be cool to go deeper in all of it.

I’m always happy learning about all this topics. Lot of wisdom behind each thematic.

Thank You very much for taking the time to answer it.

Regards

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
In general, ranking number will be always relative. I think there will be always style that will be difficult for some players and easy for others. It is not about number, each match, actually I would say each point, is different. Many factor can influence a point, mental state, food, physical moments… I personally just played a league in Spain before coming in Germany. I was playing between 200 and 300. When I arrive here, I was playing against 1500 and de difference was not that big.

Each region in each country has is own level and is difficult to migrate numbers from one place to other.

Let’s play, numbers are numbers, just that.

Reactions: backspacer