My journey table tennis training in china :)

Picture 029.jpgPicture.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Read 6 reviews
Wow, thats a lot of table tennis gear. You don't see any table tennis store in the U.S like that. When you were looking at the cost of the items, did you know if they were cheaper than gear we would buy in the U.S? Also, when you saw players using the orange sponge hurricane on their forehand, did you notice if they boosted them or not?

the price is very good, i got some Li Ning authentic shorts which i have a few ordered from Kaisan . its cut the shipping and about 10$ cheaper too. I asked around those players who speaking good English , they have told me , things are cheaper here than in Beijing. This store is next to the school, i seen players cut the provincial orange sponges and glue it on the blades, some are boosted because i seen them curved laying around those table waiting to be glue on. I think most of them are using boost, unless when they got to C or B level using National orange and blue sponged tuned from factory i guess. Another note to add i guess these players dont want to get the very expensive rubbers just yet because they train so much i seen them got rips here and there in hole the middle because of multi ball and hit everything. Today is a off training day so i'm going to get some work out at the gym and going to check out the center town. Hopefully get some full body massage and get ready for tomorrow :) . Will post some pictures tonight.

here is the video, of the training , the net is here very slow lolz, they block youtube here so i just going to up load here. :)[video]http://vid598.photobucket.com/albums/tt69/lengmianlung/Picture%20036_zpsvxwojlhv.mp4[/video]

here is the video, of the training , the net is here very slow lolz, they block youtube here so i just going to up load here. :)[video]http://vid598.photobucket.com/albums/tt69/lengmianlung/Picture%20036_zpsvxwojlhv.mp4[/video]

Hi TT4Life, i hope you enjoy your quality time there. I wonder if there's class A players in the club you just video taped? Wouldn't it be great to record them training so we all can learn something? :) Cheers

No i dont think there's any class A here, mostly students and like C group. the morning from 830am to 11am there is no training for them so just me and a few guys that no longer has school that train together and practicing serving. Then we rest and then lunch and then rest until 230pm full training multi balls. The night training only allow one ball, so i brought with me some Nittakku 2 stars and 3 stars just for that occasion :) the training mostly 2 stars the mix of DHS and golden fish balls which are okay is not that good for single ball lolz. Today i see a new girl just joined us. Hopefully i can get one of them record what i train lolz. Today is my 1st full day of training :) feel pretty good, exactly where i wanted to be. I prepared myself the very hard the last 6 months physically and mentally . So far i fit right in :) going to record some more videos soon :)

Reactions: SquareBall
No i dont think there's any class A here, mostly students and like C group. the morning from 830am to 11am there is no training for them so just me and a few guys that no longer has school that train together and practicing serving. Then we rest and then lunch and then rest until 230pm full training multi balls. The night training only allow one ball, so i brought with me some Nittakku 2 stars and 3 stars just for that occasion :) the training mostly 2 stars the mix of DHS and golden fish balls which are okay is not that good for single ball lolz. Today i see a new girl just joined us. Hopefully i can get one of them record what i train lolz. Today is my 1st full day of training :) feel pretty good, exactly where i wanted to be. I prepared myself the very hard the last 6 months physically and mentally . So far i fit right in :) going to record some more videos soon :)

Sound like you got a really tight tight schedule. Please, please by all mean, record all the foot work!!!, you're much more luckier than any of us here. Please share the experience with us! :)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews

This place is just breeding success! What a training environment! Enjoy TT4Life looks like your having a blast glad its all working out! Keep us updated :)

What plastic balls are the hall using? What tips have you learned so far?

Enjoy!

This user has no status.
Amazing video. It just gives you the sense that China has absolute armies of young people training to become the next Ma Long.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012
would be cool if you gave a small introduction to yourself so we get a better context.
how old are you, how long you've been playing, what's your local rating (where you are from too), what is your goal by doing this trip, what's the level of your training partners back at home... anything you can think of.

do you speak chinese? are you chinese?
all that basic stuff.
otherwise you are just a ghost playing tt in china for us readers :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D and Nikoli
1st off i'm in the mid 30's years old :) i'm a very good athletic , about 5'9 and 185. Growing up in USA i played most of the sports in school and very excel at it. I played American football all my life , junior high, high school and community college and Div1 College and then semi pro, i play defensive back :). After the football career was over and i got my degree and went to work like every American do. I always like to stay in shape and working , running , and hiking. Then about 2.5 years ago i found this sport thru my uncle , he hook me to one of the church and i love it every since. This place only open 3 times a week , each time about 3 hrs. and then a year gone by i found a club and also join that club . So the day i'm not at the church i would be training at the club. So about 6 days a week and 3 hrs each day. :) i'm not full Chinese my mom is half Chinese :) and she only speaks Cantonese and i do understand it. My current boss is Chinese and she does speak Mandarin , i dont understand it all lolz, but i get around it. I'm from Socal , My rating in America about 1700 to 1800 , the really i want to take this trip because i love table tennis so i want to experience. Improve and my bring my game to the next level, my playing is Chinese style so i can say i fit it like a glove here :)Also i want to meet The Chinese National team :) My idol Ma Long, and the rest Xu Xin, ZJK, FZD, and the rest of the chinese team :) see them training and taking pictures with them will be much more inspiration to all of us that love table tennis. :) My current playing partner at home he is very good , an old south Vietnamese champion . Hopefully i can record some of the videos of me training later :)

1st off i'm in the mid 30's years old :) i'm a very good athletic , about 5'9 and 185. Growing up in USA i played most of the sports in school and very excel at it. I played American football all my life , junior high, high school and community college and Div1 College and then semi pro, i play defensive back :). After the football career was over and i got my degree and went to work like every American do. I always like to stay in shape and working , running , and hiking. Then about 2.5 years ago i found this sport thru my uncle , he hook me to one of the church and i love it every since. This place only open 3 times a week , each time about 3 hrs. and then a year gone by i found a club and also join that club . So the day i'm not at the church i would be training at the club. So about 6 days a week and 3 hrs each day. :) i'm not full Chinese my mom is half Chinese :) and she only speaks Cantonese and i do understand it. My current boss is Chinese and she does speak Mandarin , i dont understand it all lolz, but i get around it. I'm from Socal , My rating in America about 1700 to 1800 , the really i want to take this trip because i love table tennis so i want to experience. Improve and my bring my game to the next level, my playing is Chinese style so i can say i fit it like a glove here :)Also i want to meet The Chinese National team :) My idol Ma Long, and the rest Xu Xin, ZJK, FZD, and the rest of the chinese team :) see them training and taking pictures with them will be much more inspiration to all of us that love table tennis. :) My current playing partner at home he is very good , an old south Vietnamese champion . Hopefully i can record some of the videos of me training later :)

Man! you got my blood boiling. I want to go there so badly. :)

So how do you register for this training camp? how long does it last? How much does it cost? What about accommodations?

What is your playing partner name? We might know him, haha.

Cheers,

Dont sign up for any agency , they are ripped off, just contact direct here. Save u a bunch and the accommodation is great only me in the West building which is one of the best here, it has a small refrigerator, and they will reload you a 16 bottles of water daily and a big jug. Also has a washer machine, no dryer lolz so you wash your clothes and hang it, i went to the store and got some detergent and some fruits, they lines are very long here. its has 2 full side bed, a big glass shower , a flat screen tv, about 40" inches, 2 desks , wife but its slow. a nice of window view. A very big closet, the food here is very good, most of the student will stay in the East building , foods there is not that good, they told me, and its cheaper there. Here everything included , hotel, food, training , only 60$ US a day :) so i'm staying for 30 days :) air plane ticket about i paid about 800$ US you can get as cheap as 650$= longer fly=20 hrs + but i like to go with Cathay Pacific and only 50 minutes waiting to transfer from HK to Beijing , and total about 17 hrs. I did my Visa to enter China a few weeks prior to leaving about 185$ US good for 10 years. Its starts of the day which u apply, ,my passport only have 3 years left so my Visa is only good for 3 yrs lolz. I might be back here again in that time lolz. Here are some clip i recorded earlier morning session , these 2 kids dont have school. They here to learn and will be coaches in future. Both of them are 18 years old. Also i got some good news about those Neo national hurricane blue sponge only for national team, which i've been using. I paid for about 120$ each plus shipping back in the US, here they can get from National Team in a few weeks about 94$ which is about 600RMB. Most of the students are playing with Provincial orange sponge and they all use boost lolz. Also i just got 4 Tenergy 64 red , 2.1mm about 400RMB each for back up . i Brought one with me from back home and one National Hurricane blue sponge tuned. i have 2 short clips i'm loading right now of these 2 guys training with me for morning session about 2 hrs from 9am to 11am.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
:cool: HEY GUYS AND GALS, I'LL BE LEAVING TOMORROW TO HEBEI, CHINA FOR 1 MONTH FOR TRAINING IN ZHENGDING :) I'LL BE RECORDING MY TRAINING AND TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES. HOPEFULLY I CAN TRAVEL TO BEIJING TO MEET THOSE FAMOUS CHINA NATIONAL TEAM :) ANY THOUGHTS AND SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED:eek:

Hey TT4life,

Enjoy your journey. This trip to china for practice is one of my life's goals. Happy to see a fellow mate realise it. Also update us in between about the training practice and progress:)

Dont sign up for any agency , they are ripped off, just contact direct here. Save u a bunch and the accommodation is great only me in the West building which is one of the best here, it has a small refrigerator, and they will reload you a 16 bottles of water daily and a big jug. Also has a washer machine, no dryer lolz so you wash your clothes and hang it, i went to the store and got some detergent and some fruits, they lines are very long here. its has 2 full side bed, a big glass shower , a flat screen tv, about 40" inches, 2 desks , wife but its slow. a nice of window view. A very big closet, the food here is very good, most of the student will stay in the East building , foods there is not that good, they told me, and its cheaper there. Here everything included , hotel, food, training , only 60$ US a day :) so i'm staying for 30 days :) air plane ticket about i paid about 800$ US you can get as cheap as 650$= longer fly=20 hrs + but i like to go with Cathay Pacific and only 50 minutes waiting to transfer from HK to Beijing , and total about 17 hrs. I did my Visa to enter China a few weeks prior to leaving about 185$ US good for 10 years. Its starts of the day which u apply, ,my passport only have 3 years left so my Visa is only good for 3 yrs lolz. I might be back here again in that time lolz. Here are some clip i recorded earlier morning session , these 2 kids dont have school. They here to learn and will be coaches in future. Both of them are 18 years old. Also i got some good news about those Neo national hurricane blue sponge only for national team, which i've been using. I paid for about 120$ each plus shipping back in the US, here they can get from National Team in a few weeks about 94$ which is about 600RMB. Most of the students are playing with Provincial orange sponge and they all use boost lolz. Also i just got 4 Tenergy 64 red , 2.1mm about 400RMB each for back up . i Brought one with me from back home and one National Hurricane blue sponge tuned. i have 2 short clips i'm loading right now of these 2 guys training with me for morning session about 2 hrs from 9am to 11am.

Alright! I think i'm ready for this! :)

Mind you tell us the contact point over there for this? Thanks my friend!

Here is the contact information , you can email Julie, [email protected]
address 63 Xingrong road, zhengding town,Shijiazhuang city, Hebei China
Tel ( +86-311)88786515 , 88788700
here some pictures of some of the training i have for tonight, and 2 videos are the training partners i have in the morning . Individual training , its winter here so they have class until 230pm that when training start but me and these 2 guys come in at 9am to 11am to train=serving and work on which ever we want to work on . :) also i just pick up 4 new tenergy about 60$ each, the one i brought with me and another blue sponge for back up , they inform me that 2 more weeks i can get 6 of the national blue sponge about 95$ which save about 25$ for what i paid , the Energy is pretty much same price as before as i TT japan now price gone up. Here some pictures Picture 042.jpg