My New Setup :))

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
hey dre, how much did you spend on you new set up? dont you like airoc combined on your blade?

uhmmm..
Stiga Clipper WRB - 2900
DHS Hurricane 3 - 680
Xiom Vega EU - 1100(but originally its 2100.. but my coach sold it to me in that price kinda save much money :D)
For a total of - 4680 :)

I don't think it is already on sale here in our country :).. I didn't saw it when I was looking at the topcoms pricelist :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
i knew it cuz i cant find a good blade.... aww what a drag i envy you having a great coach that sold in a great deal... hehehe... hey dre... are you off player? do you live here in mla?

A bit close on being an Off player I guess.. But I would see my style in being an agressive allround player.... nope.. hehe. I live here in Lipa :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
What is the difference of the S1,S2 and S3? :D.. most particularly in the hardness of their sponge?

Exactly. There are two main reasons people would use a harder sponge:

1- People's feeling preference
2- bottoming out-a hard sponge rubber normally will not go as fast off the bat as a hard sponge rubber, but has more potential. So a soft sponge rubber will not put more spin and speed on the ball after a certain amount of force-it has bottomed out. A hard sponge rubber will be able to add more and more spin and speed.

On forehand, most people exert more force, and wouldn't want a rubber bottoming out on all their shots. A backhand is normally a shorter stroke and so is not as likely to bottom out, so soft sponges are more common on the backhand.

Can someone correct me if any of this is incorrect? Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Exactly. There are two main reasons people would use a harder sponge:

1- People's feeling preference
2- bottoming out-a hard sponge rubber normally will not go as fast off the bat as a hard sponge rubber, but has more potential. So a soft sponge rubber will not put more spin and speed on the ball after a certain amount of force-it has bottomed out. A hard sponge rubber will be able to add more and more spin and speed.

On forehand, most people exert more force, and wouldn't want a rubber bottoming out on all their shots. A backhand is normally a shorter stroke and so is not as likely to bottom out, so soft sponges are more common on the backhand.

Can someone correct me if any of this is incorrect? Thanks!

What do you mean by bottoming-out? you are correct... in my observation my forehand has more power to create a grater force to hit the ball rather than in my backhand where in mostly I prefer to exert more wrist power to hit the ball

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
What do you mean by bottoming-out? you are correct... in my observation my forehand has more power to create a grater force to hit the ball rather than in my backhand where in mostly I prefer to exert more wrist power to hit the ball

So the rubber only has so much potential. Meaning it can only hit the ball so fast. Once it passes the amount of force needed to go that maximum speed, it will not hit the ball with anymore speed. So any amount of power over that max speed is useless. That point is when it bottoms out

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
So the rubber only has so much potential. Meaning it can only hit the ball so fast. Once it passes the amount of force needed to go that maximum speed, it will not hit the ball with anymore speed. So any amount of power over that max speed is useless. That point is when it bottoms out

Oh and also get your Acuda at ttnpp.com it's only 36 USD with free shipping

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Most of people I know really hate WRB version does not matter if it is clipper of other stiga blade. But of course it is up to you, if you like it.
Regarding acuda rubber I used all of them, but I do not like the feeling. S3 is the softes and slowest version, most people use it for BH if they are not regular with atack on this side. S2 and S1 can be used both FH and BH, S1 is the hardest and fastest of all three. Depends on your level I would suggest S2, which will give you more control with shots and receive.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
WRB makes the blade head heavy instead of balanced. Some people don't like that. Don't worry about it. Head heavy has its advantages. That is why they do it. It gives you more whipping action so that is more momentum into the ball with a blade that has less weight. If you like it and have not been bothered by the fact that the hollow handle makes the handle weigh less so that the balance is in the blade face, don't worry about it. When Harvey said uneven he probably meant the balance is in the head.

This user has no status.
Yep. That is correct, I meant about the balance. Though you might like it Jhonel. It's up to you.

Anyway, try your coach's racket or your club mate or your friend or your girlfriend if she plays (haha) to test different rubbers and how they play on different blades. That way you can limit your choices of rubbers AND have more assurance than say, reading from reviews on the net.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Yep. That is correct, I meant about the balance. Though you might like it Jhonel. It's up to you.

Anyway, try your coach's racket or your club mate or your friend or your girlfriend if she plays (haha) to test different rubbers and how they play on different blades. That way you can limit your choices of rubbers AND have more assurance than say, reading from reviews on the net.

Hahaha. I'd wish I have one (the girlfriend).. hahaha.. but for now the only thing that I have a relationship is Table Tennis.. :DD

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
WRB makes the blade head heavy instead of balanced. Some people don't like that. Don't worry about it. Head heavy has its advantages. That is why they do it. It gives you more whipping action so that is more momentum into the ball with a blade that has less weight. If you like it and have not been bothered by the fact that the hollow handle makes the handle weigh less so that the balance is in the blade face, don't worry about it. When Harvey said uneven he probably meant the balance is in the head.

ahh. That's why it is quite heavy,, thinking that the DHS hurricane 3 commercial one was the one making it heavy... but I'm quite loving this one even though it is heavy,,, just lifting some dumbells would do the thing for that to make my arms used to the weight... :D...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Most of people I know really hate WRB version does not matter if it is clipper of other stiga blade. But of course it is up to you, if you like it.
Regarding acuda rubber I used all of them, but I do not like the feeling. S3 is the softes and slowest version, most people use it for BH if they are not regular with atack on this side. S2 and S1 can be used both FH and BH, S1 is the hardest and fastest of all three. Depends on your level I would suggest S2, which will give you more control with shots and receive.

Ahhh,, thats how the Acuda S Series does...... but what series does a lot of spin? Gonna go for S2 to have a medium hardness and speed..

This user has no status.
That's nice. Haha. You're committed! Hahaha. Sometimes I miss training days when I'm out with my girlfriend, so.... Hahaha. Anyway, we're getting sidetracked.

What I can advice is just to stick to H3 if you are much more comfortable with it AND produce quality shots. Normally if you're comfortable with your setup you will grow in table tennis faster rather than forcing to love a setup you never did love in the first place. ( wow, that is deep) hahaha.

This user has no status.
Ahhh,, thats how the Acuda S Series does...... but what series does a lot of spin? Gonna go for S2 to have a medium hardness and speed..

My teammate uses Acuda S2 in FH and it's very spinny! He has side spinny FH and it really curves when I play with him! He plays mid distance and I dunno, the way I can describe his play style is to a sniper from a distance targeting a helpless sheep(that's me,lol) he is so accurate and deadly in angles!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
That's nice. Haha. You're committed! Hahaha. Sometimes I miss training days when I'm out with my girlfriend, so.... Hahaha. Anyway, we're getting sidetracked.

What I can advice is just to stick to H3 if you are much more comfortable with it AND produce quality shots. Normally if you're comfortable with your setup you will grow in table tennis faster rather than forcing to love a setup you never did love in the first place. ( wow, that is deep) hahaha.

Hahaha. I need to dig it up just to understand what you have just said.. hahahaha.... Yeah... kinda love using H3 but it is kinda heavy for me added with the weight of the blade... but I'm planning to just make the Acuda S2 together with my backup one.... and have the bh to be AcudaS3 :D